Looking for a critique

Presto88

Limp Gawd
2uylrat.jpg

I'm having a little bit of trouble getting the sperm to look realistic, any tips or critiques?

Very good overall. One thing I would mention is that the star field seems a little too dense in my opinion.

The sperm's tail seems to be missing texture, or it's not shaded. Can't quite place it.

Cool concept. Sperm tail seems too much like a string on a balloon. The low contrast/washed out look of the blacks in the starfield pull focus away from the main elements. The impact area could use some work to give it more motion.

The thing that I think would improve your pic is seeing the sperm travel upwards to it's 'destination' - not down. It would appear more natural and all the guys that see it would be rooting for that bad boy to reach 'home'! :)

Space doesn't really have direction. ;)

Isn't it that if you do it standing up, you get a boy or somethin'?

Space doesn't really have direction. ;)

But composition does.

The earth being dead center of the image... ugh. I mean, I know you want it to be the focus, but don't put it in the center. And the stars, either make them accurate to what the stars are around earth, or arrange them so it makes sense aesthetically. Right now they're very distracting; they look like something from a Greg Martin tutorial.

The sperm coming from the bottom I think would look really nice, especially if the earth was about 1/3 from the top of the edge.

The sperm's tail seems to be missing texture, or it's not shaded. Can't quite place it.

I agree. Those are first things that came into my mind.

I love how the impact resembles a meteor strike. It would be great if the impact was more realistic.

I don't know if its because the pic has been resized fromt he orig or something, but the stars look very.....square, not just a dot in the sky, but like a box. every single one of the brighter ones...

The Earth needs an atmosphere, i think the stars could do with some work too. Have you looked at Greg Martins Planet and Star tutorials? If not google them.

With the Sperm, try to make the tail get thinner, use the 'fade' in brush presets if you're using Photoshop.

Select the star layer and add some sort of blurring , maybe radial to get them to stop looking so square. Also merge the round parts of the sperm thingy together to make it appear more smoother, try using the smudge tool.

Back