Looking for a 5ghz WAP

Rockferd

Feelz
Just moved into a new apartment and my Belkin router isn't cutting it to get wireless to the other end of the apartment. Looked via my phone and it seems 2.4 ghz is oversaturated in my building, so looking to go 5ghz. I was thinking it'd be easier to just add a new WAP than an entire new router, but I'm open to suggestions. Hoping to keep the price around $100.

Thanks!

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Not really sure how it's nicer since he's going to use one and they are all based on Atheros hardware as far as I know.
//Danne

Have you looked into changing the channel that your router is broadcasting on? You should be able change the G connection to different channel. I just looked at all the routers in my area and they broadcast on channel 1. So if you change channels you should see a big change in your performance and not have to buy any hardware at all.

Have you looked into changing the channel that your router is broadcasting on? You should be able change the G connection to different channel. I just looked at all the routers in my area and they broadcast on channel 1. So if you change channels you should see a big change in your performance and not have to buy any hardware at all.

I did. Every channel is over saturated.

I looked at the Ubiquiti ones before, but the price for the dual band is more than I want to spend. I'll take a look at the other two. To connect them, I was just going to place the new AP near the existing router and just run ethernet.

There was someone trying to sell the ASUS RT-N56U for like 75$ shipped in the buy sell trady section. Was brand new. Would work great for you since it has the 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ.

Back