looking for a 2.5 laptop hard drive ide interface

I am needing a ide laptop hard drive I prefer a 5600 rpm speed. I would like 80 gig but a smaller one wouldn't be rejected. I hate to buy from ebay unless I have to.

Last edited:
I prefer 80 gig or larger I have a powerbook g4 needing a hard drive and I think anything smaller would be cramped but I may be interested in a smaller one if that's what someone has.

OK. I just found a 40GB in an old Dell laptop that I had laying around but I should have an external enclosure somewhere around here with a 120-160GB in it. Just gotta find it...

Found my enclosure last night and I had already removed the drive. :( Sorry man. I *may* have something at work, but I think they're all SATA (will double check tomorrow).

Bump for you. Did you post in the Freebies thread? Good chance there's someone with an old drive sitting around that would send it your way cheap.

I have 80GB & 320GB laptop ATA drives both in external enclosures that I use for various backups.
The 320GB drive is a WD Scorpio model. Not sure what brand the 80GB one is right now.

PM me an offer if you like.

Back