Looking for 36-42" 4K monitor

M76

[H]F Junkie
I'm looking for a monitor where 4k is actually a possibility without scaling the desktop.

I've only found the Philips BDM4065UC/00 as an option. But I'm weary of the PWM backlight.
Do I have any other option even if it's a TV?

I'm not a fan of ordering from Korea, because of warranty. And since I'm in Europe import taxes raise the price about 35-40%.

Sorry I should have said so that it needs to be available in the EU. Since if I order from inside the EU, there are no additional fees or taxes.

No choice but to get the Korean ones if you want a PWM free display. The Phillips, Seiki, and Samsung 4k TVs all use PWM. Or you can go just a little bit smaller and get a 32 inch monitor.

M76, I've had a Wasabi Mango UHD 420 for about a week now, and at least so far, I have been extremely impressed. 4K 60 Hz, no PWM, IPS, and adaptive sync (FreeSync). I purchased mine from green-sum on Ebay, and if the skimpy Ebay warranty worries you, you can augment it with third-party warranties that will vary depending on where you live. For example, if you live in the US or UK, you can purchase a SquareTrade warranty for a reasonable price and extend the coverage for up to 4 years.

At the moment, the cheapest listing I can find is about 700 USD, but sales seem to come around often. My "pixel perfect" model was the equivalent of 666 USD when I bought it two weeks ago. I'm quite pleased with that price.

I'm looking for a monitor where 4k is actually a possibility without scaling the desktop.

I've only found the Philips BDM4065UC/00 as an option. But I'm weary of the PWM backlight.
Do I have any other option even if it's a TV?

There's also Iiyama 40" display but it suspiciously looks like same panel as Philips

http://pclab.pl/news65015.html

I've got no info if this one uses PWM.

edit: found english source

http://www.iiyama.com/gb_en/products/prolite-le4041uhs-b1/

Well it looks like the Sony 4k X830C TV's received a firmware update that now allows 4:4:4 chroma at 60Hz. The smallest size is 43 inches and it's PWM free so if you don't want to buy a Korean brand off ebay then there's your option. Input lag is kinda meh though.

36ms lag. Not the best but it definitely isn't that bad either. I use a Samsung 4k monitor with 35ms lag and to me that amount of lag is noticeable but not a deal breaker. Could be better though.

You won't be able to tell a difference between 36ms and 20ms. I can't even do it with a fast TN monitor...

Well it looks like the Sony 4k X830C TV's received a firmware update that now allows 4:4:4 chroma at 60Hz. The smallest size is 43 inches and it's PWM free so if you don't want to buy a Korean brand off ebay then there's your option. Input lag is kinda meh though.

rtings have that confirmed

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by-brand/sony/x830c

Korean displays are bad choice in EU - because you usually have to pay VAT tax on top of buying price which adds 20-25% to the cost and you end with price comparable to normal products but without any warranty.

I would say crossover 434k or wasabi mango uhd420 so you can use freesync

Hi guys, thinking about getting the Phillips. Is it too big for csgo? And is the lag ok for csgo? I've got a gtx970. Currently have a dell 24" IPS 60hz ultra sharp u2412m and I'm happy with the Cs go performance..

Hi guys, thinking about getting the Phillips. Is it too big for csgo? And is the lag ok for csgo? I've got a gtx970. Currently have a dell 24" IPS 60hz ultra sharp u2412m and I'm happy with the Cs go performance..

IMO, for $800 instead of the Phillips you can get far better monitors if we're talking CS:GO. The Asus ROG Swift is under $600 right now on Amazon. Don't want a TN panel? Then still for under $600 minus gsync you could get the Asus MG279Q.

Thanks for the info. I'm not a huge CS go player. Like 2 hours a day type player and casual, comp type. Not pro by any means. And want to watch movies etc on it. Does 480p, 720p and 1080p videos look crap on the Phillips? If someone can tell me if the Philips is as good as my dell ultra sharp u2412m in gaming then I am happy to buy the Phillips....

Back