Hi,

I am looking for some help selecting a 24" display upgrade. My requirements:
- Samsung or Dell
- 16:10 format
- DVI plug
- Vesa mountable
- non-shiny display screen

Usage:
- mostly office work, no gaming. However, I do like an above average display quality.

Any input is welcome.

I probably prefer a new monitor. Looks like the Dell u2412 is still sold. Is there a successor of the 245BW?

See if you can find a Sony FW-900. It's only 100lbs. :p Amazing display though, if you don't mind that it's CRT.

See if you can find a Sony FW-900. It's only 100lbs. :p Amazing display though, if you don't mind that it's CRT.

Yes, it was a terrific monitor when brand new. I completely understand that. However, it's 2016. These are becoming harder and harder to service... and quite frankly, I don't think anyone wants to lug around a 100 pound CRT when LCDs have come to the point of being nearly as good.

Don't get me wrong, they're fantastic monitors for what they are, but considering they're becoming almost 15 years old, it's anyone's guess how many technicians are left that can calibrate one of them.

Well maybe my wording was bad but every media went 16:9 and 16:10 is just a hassle to use. But I guess it doesn't matter much outisde of movies/games/youtube etc

It's better for productivity. Also what hassle? All you get are slim black bars on top and bottom and all video players don't require any work

Also, how does the U2415 compare to U2412M?

I heard it compares favorably but I preferred the u2412ms cheaper price. But if I was going for new the 2415 is probably a better bet.

I use my u2412 as a portrait oriented second monitor and it's gorgeous still side by side with my two new ips monitors from 2015.

Back