Looking For 21in New Gamming Monitor!

lundrog

[H]ard|Gawd
My sony 19in Monitor just went bad.

With the release of Doom III comming.

I am looking for Good 21in CRT monitor for gamming.

What would you all recommend for brand and model?

Any reviews would be very helpful.

I am going to order this tommorw night, so any input would be great.

Thanks!

No need to post, just scroll back through this forum..you can find opinions on just about every monitor available ;)

Have fun

BillR

I looked throgh the forums, I didn't see many posts on 21in monitors in genral.

if you know of a few good ones or some posts that talks about them, that would be great.

I have to agree on the NEC 2141 that was posted in the above link. The viewable image is 20" which is the same as you'll see on 21" monitors and depth wise its actually shorter than some 21" models. I just bought my NEC 2141 and absolutely love it even after only using it for 2 days. You dont have to touch any of the buttons on the monitor for adjustment since its all controlled via the Naviset software which is free from the NEC website. However the NEC 2141 is an aperature grille monitor and will have the two wires running horizontally across the screen but you only notice them on pure white screens and even then you barely even know they are there after a while.

If you do start to consider the NEC 2141 dont get it at Newegg. Sign up for Dells email deals and every once and awhile they will send 15-20% off coupons.I myself am lucky since I got a 25% off coupon sent to me by email and it saved me $165 off the NEC 2141 which is listed for $660 on Dells site. They also had free shipping which while listed as free ground service sent it to me by 2 day air.

Well. I would like to spend between $400 and $500 if possible.

And my sony had those lines, I am not sure i want those again.

Thanks for the input!

I have an older P815 that is going on 4 years now.... I have nothing but good to say...

Whether you are talking about today or 12yrs ago it doesn't really matter. The book on the Viewsonic 21" is that they have never matched the image quality of the top display of the day, but they got you close for a lot less money and are as reliable as a hammer. I've still got my original 21PS on my desk after 11yrs of 10hrs a day. It's finally starting a slow death spiral, but still has crisp text and black blacks after all these years. The aperture grill tube will never give you the color saturation of the best trinitron tubes, but unless you park them side by side you probably won't notice the difference.

That said, if I were buying one today I would get the NEC 2141. It's the last of the really high end 21" CRT's that we will see on the market, and it's a bargain.

BTW, Newegg is a great place for things like boards and chips, but I wouldn't buy a large monitor from them. You might want to go to someone like Monitor Outlet, Monitors Direct or Dell. All large displays are not created equal, and a no questions return policy is always a good thing. Saving $50 but having to look at a glaring flaw for the next few years isn't much of a bargain.

oc

oddlycalm

have you bought from Monitor Outlet?

And if you had 450-500 to spend on a crt, for gamming, what would you get?

I just ordered the g220fb viewsonic monitor

thanks for everyones help

Back