Looking for 20" glossy widescreen monitor

Superhuman

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm looking to buy a 20" glossy widescreen monitor. I'd like to keep it around $300. And it would be great if it had a height adjustable stand.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I think the NEC 20WMGX2 is the only 20 inch widescreen with a glossy screen. Better get it soon though cuase they are almost all gone if they arent already.

If you really want one I suggest you HURRY over to Newegg (assuming you're in the US) and take advantage of the $399 AR http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824002320 skip the "free keyboard" unless you really need it though...that's a little trick to raise the shipping cost.;)

edit- if the before rebate price seems a little steep then consider that it was nearly $700 when it first came out....also there is no other monitor available with the same features.

If you really want one I suggest you HURRY over to Newegg (assuming you're in the US) and take advantage of the $399 AR http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824002320 skip the "free keyboard" unless you really need it though...that's a little trick to raise the shipping cost.;)

edit- if the before rebate price seems a little steep then consider that it was nearly $700 when it first came out....also there is no other monitor available with the same features.

I always read that the rebates from Newegg never go through though........

I'm using the NEC 20WMGX2 myself. Highly recommended. That's pretty a sweet deal over at Newegg too.

The Acer AL2051W might also be worth a look. From what I understand, it's a 20" widescreen P-MVA monitor with a glossy screen. Haven't seen it personally, though.

I think the NEC 20WMGX2 is the only 20 inch widescreen with a glossy screen. Better get it soon though cuase they are almost all gone if they arent already.

Not the only one, just the best one. To the OP, go buy this monitor now. You will be out 500 cash, get a loan if you must, mortgage something if you must, you will get 100 back later with the rebate.

But you will not find a better 20" on the market, and may not for years to come, the darkness spreads and one of our last and greatest champions, NEC, has fallen to shadow. The Twisted Nematic hordes have all but wiped out the forces of goodness and light. Let us hope, it is all we have left.

Is the speaker bar removable on that NEC? How does it compare to the Dell 2007WFP panel?

Don't hesitate, go for the NEC panel. I just received mine yesterday and I couldn't be happier. As for the speakers, I know you can get the monitor to output audio to a different source, and supposedly the speakers themselves are removable.

I just got it hooked up....and holy Christ!

It's the most gorgeous monitor I've ever seen!

How do you guys think the NEC compares to the HP 2207? And is there a 22" version of the NEC?

500 seems a little steep, and I'm not a fan of the speaker, but if it's the best then it's the best.

How do you guys think the NEC compares to the HP 2207? And is there a 22" version of the NEC?

500 seems a little steep, and I'm not a fan of the speaker, but if it's the best then it's the best.

You can detach the speaker. It takes like 30 seconds to detach it. It's simple.

And trust me, this is honestly the most beautiful monitor I've ever seen.

You can't even compare the two. The NEC 20" is in a completely different league. The HP, as all 22" crap TN monitors is just that: crap compared to a good S-IPS or P-MVA panel.

Good enough for me. I didn't realize the HP was a TN, and are all NECs S-IPS or is it the luck of the draw?

I love this NEC 20" and already got 2.... and a apple 23"(but the apple is way overpriced)
about to get my 3rd NEC to replace my last 19" CRT in the house
get them while it last

Ok, everywhere I'm hearing that NEC is about to pull the 20wmgx2.

Can anybody give me more detailed information?

How much time is there left? Will it still be around at the beginning of next month, or should I buy right now?

What's the original source.

Ok, everywhere I'm hearing that NEC is about to pull the 20wmgx2.

Can anybody give me more detailed information?

How much time is there left? Will it still be around at the beginning of next month, or should I buy right now?

What's the original source.
From what I understand..production stopped a couple months ago so basically the stock that is still in retail is limited. I remember someone here posting that when they sent theirs back to NEC for some issues...they got a refurb and were told that they were out of new ones. That means that NEC has sent all they had left to their vendors..

Joemama is correct. The last of the inventory was bought by newegg some time ago. I think they are all pretty much gone there to so I would buy it if you can find it.

Thank you for the info. I ordered one yesterday. Hope there are no problems with it.

Back