Looking at the ViaAqua 1300 Pump (370GPH)

There have been people that have had serious problems with this pump.. you should research it carefully.

And if you're going to be running a large watercooling system (ie lots of components) you should probably look at a pump with a bigger head than 6'. The GPH it puts out at higher head distances is going to be much lower than 300.

The only components that I will include will be a radiator or heatercore, a res, the pump, a CPU block, and GPU block. I will definetly use 1/2'' ID tubing. Would an eheim 1250 do the job? Or what about a Dannon Mag 3?

I had a ViaAqua 1300, and it did a fairly good job for me, until it started to make tons of noise all of a sudden. I applied the glue fix that can be found on the net but it didn't help. SO I got a Swiftech 600 pump. Really nice, and much more powerful, especially with high flow constriction parts. The ViaAqua is cheap, and it usually works fine for most people as far as I've heard, but it started to fail for me after about 2 years of use.

Hmm, whats a high performing pump that is affordable, then? I might be able to get a used MCP600 pump (only couple months old) for like 50 shipped. Or would an eheim 1250 be a better choice? I'm not really looking at the danner mag 3 much because ive heard of leaking issues. Any first-hand advice?

I'll only have 2 blocks, a rad, and a res in my system, but i want a decent pump. I dont want to get something too weak, but then again, i dont want to pay a ton of money for a pump.

Also, if i can get one of these black ice extreme radiators used (only 2 months old, also) at $40 shipped: http://www.vibecomputers.com/index.cfm?loc=iview&if=n&vID=190688 would that be a good choice? Thanks.

I don't have one, but I am beginning to think that the 600 is one of the best pumps out there for performance. I have continued to look at the stats on it and with the fact that it plugs directly into your pc, it really seems like a great pump!

I have a Via Aqua 1300, it seems to work pretty good. After reading about people having problems with leaking and such I just sealed all the connections with silicone. I also did the super glue fix. It's been going strong for 2 or 3 months now.

I got it from here for 14.99 shipped awhile back. They have it now for $17.99

Back