Looking at a 5700XT or Nvidia equivalent: is now the time to buy?

• Thread starter Deleted member 82943
  • Start date
Honestly with drops just down into the 40s you might want to simply go through and adjust a few settings to see what you can live without if you are budget limited. That and overclocking might get you some distance but you seem to have some lower FPS than the above list of GPUs places you at. Do you have power saving or up scaling enabled? What does the rest of your system look like? You may be bottlenecked somewhere else. Otherwise I would probably go with a 2060S. Ive been messing about with my vega64 and 5700xts and although they are getting better I am still very salty at the moment. But on a different note I much prefer NVIDIAs interface I hate how I have to bounce through windows and categories to find the settings I’m looking for like frame capping(under AMD chill wtf). NVIDIAs is much older but I would say way more straightforward. 5700xts can run hot also so if you go that route pay attention to the model you buy. I don’t have a 2060S so also keep noise levels in mind for that as well probably

Honestly with drops just down into the 40s you might want to simply go through and adjust a few settings to see what you can live without if you are budget limited. That and overclocking might get you some distance but you seem to have some lower FPS than the above list of GPUs places you at. Do you have power saving or up scaling enabled? What does the rest of your system look like? You may be bottlenecked somewhere else. Otherwise I would probably go with a 2060S. Ive been messing about with my vega64 and 5700xts and although they are getting better I am still very salty at the moment. But on a different note I much prefer NVIDIAs interface I hate how I have to bounce through windows and categories to find the settings I’m looking for like frame capping(under AMD chill wtf). NVIDIAs is much older but I would say way more straightforward. 5700xts can run hot also so if you go that route pay attention to the model you buy. I don’t have a 2060S so also keep noise levels in mind for that as well probably
Yeah I figured as much. From a few posts back:

“Won’t be buying anything for the time being. I disabled the cinematic nonsense and turned off adaptive vsync and was running the game in high settings at 1080p at about 200fps it’s crazy”

This video was about the cpu but why not show it , It was my first Ryzen 3000 ( Aug 2019) switch of existing 1600 AE and today I decided to fresh install windows on the M2 drive with the Gigabyte AB350DM - DS3H and normal RX 5700 on 20.3.1

Don't me wrong as I would like to try Nvidia because I had plans for the 2060 8Gb model when it was cheaper for the overhead of texture packs but $400 is to much when RX 5700 exist

Last edited:
Back