Looking at a 2560x1440 Monitor - Help me Choose

I'm getting a 27" 2560x1440 for Christmas and I wanted to find the best one for me.

I'd really like to get an Auria from Microcenter, but I hear varying reports of input lag which may or may not be a deal breaker. (I haven't found any hard numbers yet).

Right now I'm running a Soyo 24" PVA but I can't find any numbers on how much lag it has. It hasn't bothered me though.

I do play FPS games, mostly BF3 and ARMA (DayZ). Do you guys think the Auria is a good choice?

The next cheapest monitor in this category is the Asus PB278Q, but I'm not sure if it's really any better than the Auria.

I had both monitors Auria and the pb27q and imo i like the pb27q better colors brightness contrast is so much better with the asus and Auria just really a Korean monitor just with different name i pay a bit more for a bigger brand then some korean knock off monitor there just not worth it.

I had both monitors Auria and the pb27q and imo i like the pb27q better colors brightness contrast is so much better with the asus and Auria just really a Korean monitor just with different name i pay a bit more for a bigger brand then some korean knock off monitor there just not worth it.

The thing is that it isn't just a bit more, the PB27Q is 70% more expensive, that's quite a bit. I can live with a lower quality overall screen, I don't do any pro graphics any more, but what I really want to know is if the Auria has much more input lag than the PB27Q. I can't find any hard numbers anywhere.

I'm starting to think I'm just going to go with a Qnix QX2700. It's cheaper and from what I can tell, everything under $800 is a crap-shoot anyway.

I'm getting a 27" 2560x1440 for Christmas and I wanted to find the best one for me.

I'd really like to get an Auria from Microcenter, but I hear varying reports of input lag which may or may not be a deal breaker. (I haven't found any hard numbers yet).

Right now I'm running a Soyo 24" PVA but I can't find any numbers on how much lag it has. It hasn't bothered me though.

I do play FPS games, mostly BF3 and ARMA (DayZ). Do you guys think the Auria is a good choice?

The next cheapest monitor in this category is the Asus PB278Q, but I'm not sure if it's really any better than the Auria.
I think input lag on the Auria isn't much higher(an extra frame) than other Korean displays when using DVI-D 2560x1440, I think the other inputs and non-native resolutions introduce the lag.

Last edited:
I think input lag on the Auria isn't much higher(if any?) than other Korean displays when using DVI-D 2560x1440, I think the other inputs and non-native resolutions introduce the lag.

Can anyone confirm this? I've seen it suggested on other threads but no one has actually tested to see if the DVI input actually has less lag than the others. The only advantage the Auria has over the Qnix is that it has color adjustments in the OSD (for my uses). If the Auria has more input lag, I'd rather have the Qnix.

The input lag on the Auria is only "high" compared to the DVI-only korean displays, which have about the lowest possible input lag.

The Auria, then, has no worse lag than any other display with HDMI or Displayport inputs.

However, using the DVI input on the Auria shouldn't improve input lag over using the Displayport or HDMI ports. They should be essentially the same.

The input lag on the Auria is only "high" compared to the DVI-only korean displays, which have about the lowest possible input lag.

The Auria, then, has no worse lag than any other display with HDMI or Displayport inputs.

However, using the DVI input on the Auria shouldn't improve input lag over using the Displayport or HDMI ports. They should be essentially the same.

This is what I was thinking. Because there are those ports there, the signal has to get processed somehow. I'd rather have the fast response of the DVI only Qnix since I'll be playing FPS games on it. I have no real need for HDMI or DP.

Back