lookinf for an ultra small gaming pc case

Shaav

Limp Gawd
Hey Guys,

I myself own a Z77E-ITX, 3570k and a ASUS GTX 970 Mini which currently "live" in a Cooltek U2 / Jonsbo U2. This case is ~15L big and I am looking for a smaller case that fits my hardware. 7,5 liters would be perfect.

I highly prefer cases that are narrow, short and tall, just like the U2.
I am neither interested in the DAN A4, nor in the nCASE M1.

Do you know any cases that have dimensions such as 15*20*25 (w*d*h) and can handle this hardware?

How about the Cougar QBX?

Silverstone have a number of cases that might suit but Google is reporting that they've got malware problems.

For Mini-GPUs I'm a huge fan of the Lian Li PC-Q33, but that case is too large for your taste and requirements. Maybe you change mind if you think about the build comfort and the cooling options this case offers.

Hey Guys,

I myself own a Z77E-ITX, 3570k and a ASUS GTX 970 Mini which currently "live" in a Cooltek U2 / Jonsbo U2. This case is ~15L big and I am looking for a smaller case that fits my hardware. 7,5 liters would be perfect.

Do you know any cases that have dimensions such as 15*20*25 (w*d*h) and can handle this hardware?

Narrow, short, and tall? How about the Brevis S? It's not yet finished, but I'm searching for ways of manufacturing the first prototype ATM, and it's just 5L large.

Narrow, short, and tall? How about the Brevis S? It's not yet finished, but I'm searching for ways of manufacturing the first prototype ATM, and it's just 5L large.

I suggested the Sentry, slightly larger, but the same style, he's looking for a smaller cube case.

You could look for those cases:
1. Lian Li PC-Q21 (has exactly the form factor you want and aluminium like U2) ~15*25*20 , 8L
2. Osmi (inofficial thread: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1843894&page=18) ~20*20*20
3. maybe you also like Lian Li PC-Q04, it's a bit larger than Q21 but has no ODD

Edit: Whats your PSU and CPU cooler? if its ATX the first two ones are out and if your cooler is taller than 70mm you can forget all of those...

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

I think that there's actually no such case with those dimensions. theGryphon made a concept of such case here:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1849449

But it doesn't look like he's going to make it.

Deepcool did a prototype of such thing though:

ces-2015-boitier-deepcool-itx-noname.jpg
ces-2015-boitier-deepcool-itx-noname-1.JPG

ces-2015-boitier-deepcool-itx-noname-2.JPG
ces-2015-boitier-deepcool-itx-noname-3.JPG

Glad to hear the support from you QinX, BUT:

ASUS GTX 970 Mini

doesn't actually fit in the Sentry since it's PCB is oversized and PEG connectors won't fit unless you use a angled/modded one.

too long. I dont want a pizza. I want a cube :)

That actually made my day :)

Thank you for all the suggestions. The Lian Li Q21 looks great! :)

Yeah. Lian Li makes awesome cases, but none of them is perfect. :(

I remember your PC-Q02 to be quite an abomination with the modded GPU slots, TFX PSU and cardboard CPU heatsink wrapping :D
Q21 is far better than both Q02 and Q20. If you haven't seen my separate thread take a look at the PC-Q04 which is basically a Q07 w/o an ODD slot and space for SDDs and HDDs alike.

Oh yeah that thing was ugly after my try to do a casemod. I was so bad at it :D

I will take a look at your thread!

Yeah. Lian Li makes awesome cases, but none of them is perfect.

The story of my PC-builder life. I must have seen hundreds of Lian-Li cases in over 15 years, and they all were beautiful. But I can't remember a single one of which I could say "That's perfect! There is nothing about this case that will constantly bug me!". There is always an unnecessary drive bay in the way or a helfpul fan mount missing.

Or bad cooling for either graphics card or processor.

And often it would be totally preventable with an additional fan or a better internal layout - which usually would be absolutely doable. Luckily these days the enthusiasts can just design, fund and manufacture their cases themselves. Anyway, good look with your search.

Yeah. <insert manufacturer here> makes awesome cases, but none of them is perfect. :(

Fixed. I can sorta imagine the perfect case in my mind, but realistically know that it won't be perfect for most other people. Also, my tastes and requirements in cases has changed over time (as have most people, I'd wager) and a case that is perfect for me today probably was not perfect a few years ago, and probably won't be perfect in a few years.

Back