Look What I Found =)

Benny Blanco

2[H]4U
OK i didn't find it myself, but I have a friend here in the bronx that is always out and about, keeping his eyes open, and he found 2 (TWO) of these (cd duplicators)...

Specs: PIII 750 socket 370
EPoX EP-3VCA (apollo kt133a)
64mb PC100
20gb Quantum Fireball Plus
2 power supplies, 1 ATX and 1 AT
4 ultraSCSI cards
12 SCSI CD-RW's (12x10x32X)
1 ISA controller card
4 sunon fans :cool:

Seems to work but I haven't bothered to test it yet

dup1.jpg
dup2.jpg

dup3.jpg
dup4.jpg

(ph34r the santa clause mug)

Here's the chip, I guess it's just a 750E? It says:

750/256/100/1.7V
7040B131-0770 SL4CF

piii750.jpg

I wonder if it can overclock at all, as the motherboard has dip switches on it :)

OK the hard drive is a 20.5GB Quantum AT Fireball Plus...

I think it's dead, cuz it says something like "HDD failure, format HDD?" and when i say yes, it says hdd fail... So figure if I put my old 40gb western digital in there, I could be in business (no pun intended) :eek:

badass case, i'd personally flip it over so the PSU's are exhausting hot air, and the sunons are intaking cold.

Just a thought, but a badass case for sure :D

That would require some serious modding. I have no plans on using these cases except for the one that I plan on fixing for it's intended purpose (a cd duplicator).

The backplate covers all the PCI slots and also all the atx backplate except for a single serial port, as can be seen in the pic above. I guess I could take care of that with some dremelling though...

Anyway I'll try to fix the one and part out the other. I have a friend that could use the p3 750 (up from his p266/ALi shit chipset). It was his uncle that found them and turned them over to me. I'll probably hook him up with a total of 3 cd burners just for the hell of it, since they are all scsi and each scsi card has 3 burners connected to it :cool:

It works out nice because they both are in need (want?) of a cd burner, and they found a total of 24 LOL

Sweet! If you still can't get it working, I bet it would make a good boat anchor. That thing looks pretty damn heavy :)

Yea it's heavy as hell :(

I just took a closer look and the ATX backplate cover is easily removable :)

So all I'd have to do is cut a hole for the PCI slots and this could be the mother of all cases (well, in my own history that is)...

Hmmm... this could be very interesting.... :p

EDIT!! I just looked at the power supplies, one is ATX and the other is AT... could be the perfect combination for a hellaciously watercooled rig :eek:

(especially if I can configure that front display for my own evil bidding hehehe)

OK looks like it needs both power supplies plugged in in order to function correctly, as I was finally able to get this thing to boot up correctly! Looks like it's completely functional, and can copy/store cd's to the 20gb hard drive which DOES work now :)

I just wish I had a need for a cd duplicator :(

Originally posted by Benny Blanco
I just wish I had a need for a cd duplicator :(

Well you could always build a time machine and go back to about 10 years ago. Then you could profit from being able to mass duplicate CD's.

Originally posted by MasterShredder
Well you could always build a time machine and go back to about 10 years ago. Then you could profit from being able to mass duplicate CD's.
Hmm...

*goes into basement and finds time machine which, until now, also had no use* :p

You can still make a profit in the music industry...

BTW, what's going to happen to the second?

I do believe the second is fully functional, since the first one is... but I'm gonna strip it.

The motherboard, processor and RAM will go to the guys nephew, upgrade from his p266. I'll also put in a scsi card and probably 3 burners just for shits and giggles.

I'll take another scsi card and burner and put it in the computer of the guy that found it. He had no idea what it was, or that any of the cdroms were burners, when in fact they ALL were burners... Since he's been wanting a burner for a while, this works out perfect. 12X with burnproof technology isn't bad at all for him.

As for the rest of the second one, I'll probably hold on to it, build it into something, probably mod the hell out of it. Why, you interested?

I need a CD Duplicator!

Can I get an SCSI Card and however many burners fit on a card? With cables?

I'll love you forever :)

Yea, been looking for a base sort of thing that I could work off of, maybe transform it into a DVD duplicator

You might be able to make some money from local bands using that thing. Never seen something like that before hehe..cool

There is not enough ass in the world for that thing to kick... :eek:

But seriously, I'm sure you could make some good money off of that. Like Wixard said, I'm sure local bands would love to use it if you gave them a "good deal". :D

These quality cd duplicators employ the number one, and ONLY name in scsi.... INITIO

:mad:

"INIC-940 PCI-UltraSCSI Single Chip Bus Master Host Adapter"

Here's a pdf link from initio.com, which also said that drivers are included in windows 2000 and XP:

http://www.initio.com/pdfs/inic_940.pdf

And pics:
initio1.jpg

initio2.jpg

See it passed QC with a score of 4... That's great.

Dam, you made out like a bandit. You ought to include this in the dumpster diving sticky in [Hot] deals.

You know what i've heard many many times? That the Bronx, Brooklyn and Queens are the CD copying/warez capital of the USA :D which totally worked out to your benefit ;)

I just put it in that thread, damn that's a long thread!!!

I think you are right about the copying/warez thing... I just hope this thing doesn't bring me bad karma.

Is that toilet paper in that picture?? I know you had problems finding a use for them, but dude, come on :eek:

Shit.. nice find heh

I definitly think that burning CD's for a local band would be pretty nice.. damn thats so sick..

hmm.. have you actually TESTED any of the cd burners out yet? :p. And who the hell would throw those out.. jeez..

Originally posted by Seros
Shit.. nice find heh

I definitly think that burning CD's for a local band would be pretty nice.. damn thats so sick..

hmm.. have you actually TESTED any of the cd burners out yet? :p. And who the hell would throw those out.. jeez..

They threw it out cause the HDD died most likely, so they just got rid of both of them and got something faster, that is my guess anyways.

/IoWnZa

Geeze........:eek:
I know a guy in a bad that would love it! Right now he spends his moola at a studio paying someone to make his cd's.

I think whoever threw it out was cleaning up after the dirtbags that probably didn't pay the rent and just moved out, or got evicted... SURELY whoever owned or paid for the machines would not have thrown them out, because these things cost a LOT (unless they stole them to begin with).

The entire system works now. The hard drive didn't work initially because I didn't plug in both power supplies (didn't know I had to)... The ATX power supply controls the motherboard, 7 of the burners, and the display... the AT power supply controls the the other 5 burners and the hard drive.

I have not tested it out as I don't care to waste any cd-r's, but after playing around with it, going thru the menu, setup options, etc, it appears that it is fully functional. The error messages I got at first went away after plugging in both power supplies. I'll find a cd I want to copy and test it out soon though.

just out of curiosity, try (after removing the backplace) to hook up a monitor and see what you get, I'd be cuious to see if there was any gui other than the LCD.

Originally posted by EnderW
How much for 2 burners and 1 SCSI card?
Actually I think I will refrain from parting anything out, as I know a few people that could use them... Sorry!
Originally posted by TekieB
just out of curiosity, try (after removing the backplace) to hook up a monitor and see what you get, I'd be cuious to see if there was any gui other than the LCD.
There's no video card! It's completely self sufficient! See the little backlit display?

I hope I can find a way to use that in a way similar to those VFD's... :)

She's ALIVE!!!! :)

One 79 minute cd takes up 835mb of space on the hard drive, and took only 6 minutes to rip!! I figure the hdd will hold about 24 cd's if they are all 79 minutes long.

It does not appear that they can be named though, so I guess one would have to keep track with a list or something.
01.jpg

I only burned 3 discs to test it. I actually put in 4 cd's, but one of them was not recognized for some reason. I will assume for now that the burner in question is failed, or maybe even the scsi card... in which case I will just swap a good one in from the other box.

Burner 4 is also faulty, the drive door wouldn't close so I slammed it in and now it won't open up again..... ha-ha!

As shown below, it took under 8 minutes to burn a full 79 minute cd to three blank cd-r's.... That's pretty good I think!!! In fact, it's much faster than I expected.

10.jpg

Anyway, here's some more boring pics of the GUI
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1l3bm/duplicator/02.jpg
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1l3bm/duplicator/03.jpg
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1l3bm/duplicator/04.jpg
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1l3bm/duplicator/05.jpg
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1l3bm/duplicator/06.jpg
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1l3bm/duplicator/07.jpg
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1l3bm/duplicator/08.jpg
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1l3bm/duplicator/09.jpg

What connectors do the burners have? 50 pin? 68 pin? From the SCSI card it looks like 50 pin

Back