Look at what someone did to a G5 :(

mpeg4v3

Gawd
Got this from the [M]:
http://www.overclockers.com/tips1133/index02.asp

Now, I understand if he likes PCs better. But the very, very least he could have done is sell the internal parts and not do such ugly mods to the G5. Not only that, he replaced all of the parts with WAY slower PC parts, hell there isn't even an AGP slot on the motherboard.

Originally posted by corrosive23
yeah i saw that and i want to smack the fucking brat. He wanted a dell over an apple? :confused:
Those fans are nice though but the mod sucks. This was a much better mod.
But I'm glad that his "desecration" would do some good.
I put all the parts from the G5 into a box and gave it to my friend. He was rather happy. I think he is going to try to install them into his G3 - I hope he's successful

If I wasn't at work right now, I'd be crying.....

I may anyways.....

At least he knows it's a well made case. Or it was a well made case.

He didn't sell it and just buy a Dell cause he didn't want to upset mommy and daddy. Guess they don't know what the back of a PC looks like either.

Anyone got "Taps" on AIFF or MP3 handy?

Stupidest thing I've seen lately. He could have sold that G5 On ebay and gotten enough parts for 5 PC's for what he would have gotten for it.

Not only does he destroy a quality machine, the shit he replaces it with is garbage. The G5 is a great computer - if you dont like Apple, whatever, but destroying one to stick a god damned BIOSTAR in there without a AGP slot......he should be killed before he can grow up and breed.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

What a dumbass, that was a nice machine.

Even if the G5 isn't the fastest processor, its still faster than what he replaced it with...

What an idiot...

Taps plays in the background...

We gather here today to mourn the loss of a good friend, Model 23y54335fn-G5

So he stripped out 1,800 dollars of hardware and put 500 dollars in? Who in the fuck has such backwards ass thinking?

Plus, super leetzor guy there wanted a dell to begin with, was he gonna put geen lights in that also? :rolleyes:

That's like getting a Honda Accord and bitching you didn't get a Hyundai Elantra instead so you rip out the Accord's interior, engine, etc... and replace it with the Elantra's, what a freaking dipshit.

This shouls put it in perspective as well, he could have....
Bought a replacement G5 chassis, bought a decent CPU, motherboard, video card, RAM, HDs, and optical for what he could've sold it for and probably had some change if he would've spent it right. But then that's assuming intelligence and he already disproved that one.

You know usually Apple=> mods are kind of cool but to put such shitty parts in a great case is a crime against nature or something, you know I think I'm going to post this in the "Cool Case" forum to see what they think.

Seriously guys, when I saw the pics, I thought, "That's cool, he got a G5 case and just threw in some PC parts", then I started reading and noticed that he actually ripped the internal parts of the G5 and that was when my heart stopped. WTF!!

You know what tho? It would be nice to be his friend, the one that got all of the G5 parts, lol.

Alex

G5cube.jpg
G5cubeside.jpg

Yes, that Cube mod^ is probably the best Mac mod I have ever seen.

Godbless the Japanese and their insane attention to detail...

Originally posted by Chelica
You know what tho? It would be nice to be his friend, the one that got all of the G5 parts, lol.

Only problems is, all that new thermal management stuff in the G5 is designed to work with THAT case. Would the guts of a G5 work in another case? Don't know.

Originally posted by Centauri
Yes, that Cube mod is probably the best Mac mod I have ever seen.

Godbless the Japanese and their insane attention to detail...

Ditto... not bad for formed plastic and spray paint...

Originally posted by ProphetSix
Only problems is, all that new thermal management stuff in the G5 is designed to work with THAT case. Would the guts of a G5 work in another case? Don't know.

It should work fine, the thermal management in the G5 isn't that exciting. Just some directed airflow, can be mimicked or you could just set up a case for good airflow front to back.

Even if it does not work on a different case, or if it is hard to figure out, I would sell it on Ebay or something for profit. That is basically receiving money in a form of Apple parts, and we all know that Apple parts makes money. What would be funny is this: The friend that got the Apple parts sells the parts on Ebay, makes enough money to build a nice ass PC. When the dumbass sees it, he is going to be so played.

Originally posted by Chelica
Even if it does not work on a different case, or if it is hard to figure out, I would sell it on Ebay or something for profit. That is basically receiving money in a form of Apple parts, and we all know that Apple parts makes money. What would be funny is this: The friend that got the Apple parts sells the parts on Ebay, makes enough money to build a nice ass PC. When the dumbass sees it, he is going to be so played.

I smell Opteron or Athlon 64. :)

From the sound of it he ripped apart his PARENTS G5 that they spent probably 2K on. Or he is full of shit about the G5 and just got the case and made the story up. In either case, what a moron!

Cheers,

Actually that's kind of good, but not a real mod. I would like to see more shots of the case though. Who would have thought putting an xbox in a G5 case would make for a smaller xbox.;)

I think its cool how the xbox fits almost perfectly.

the author was obviously aiming at pissing mac people off.

Nah, I was just pissed because that was my second g5 to fail in 3 days. Guess there is a reason Apple has been through 5 PSU revisions since the g5's release.

Originally posted by mistaT
Nah, I was just pissed because that was my second g5 to fail in 3 days. Guess there is a reason Apple has been through 5 PSU revisions since the g5's release.
You did the xbox mod? If so how bout putting up a few more pics.

Back