Look at this $1900 monster...

GoodBoy

2[H]4U
Last edited:
If spending this much money, why wouldn't you just build a custom loop? Special binning maybe?

My highly overclocked Pascal Titan X can sit at 24C full load if I crank the fans up on a cool day. More typically I have the fans on auto to keep load temp under 40C so it doesn't get too loud.

Thing is, at $1900, you aren't that far off from an RTX Titan...

This seems like the stuff bad decisions are made of.

What about this one?

upload_2019-8-6_17-29-35.png

If spending this much money, why wouldn't you just build a custom loop? Special binning maybe?

My highly overclocked Pascal Titan X can sit at 24C full load if I crank the fans up on a cool day. More typically I have the fans on auto to keep load temp under 40C so it doesn't get too loud.

Thing is, at $1900, you aren't that far off from an RTX Titan...

This seems like the stuff bad decisions are made of.

PCB design is different. That will have probably more PCB layers and definitely has a much stronger VRM design than the reference cards. I don't know if the silicon is binned or not, but its reasonable to assume it probably is. I think this is for the AIO crowd that likes factory overclocked stuff and decent cooling, but doesn't want to get their hands dirty with a custom cooling loop. As for myself, I'd rather buy another overclocked AIB card and a water block from EK and add it to a custom loop. Even at the $1,250 it costs for my GIGABYTE RTX 2080 Ti Aorus Xtreme 11G plus a 360 radiator and water block, I'm still well under the cost of that thing. Even if that thing is binned better, or the PCB design is somehow better, I doubt that it would make much difference over a custom setup on any other AIB with a custom cooling block on it.

I guess if you have the money and don't wanna do it yourself.
Still, you have to know that this card (and basically all others like it) will be bested by a mainstream card in a less than a year. It's tough enough to justify a normal 2080Ti (and I have one), but a variant that costs nearly a grand more?

Keep paging down. The specs are there under SPECS
1770 1400
3 8pin or 6+2

To be kingpin for day!

Goddamn.

So... I'm just thinking out loud here so I could be wrong but...

...couldn't you just get a 2080TI founders edition, slap an EK full coverage block on there with a good cooling loop and achieve the same results for a lot less money?

EDIT: AAAAaaand I should read the whole thread. :D

If i rememder correctly these cards are what kingpin uses with ln2 to break pretty much all gpu records. I think he sells pots and everything else needed to run sub zero. I think he works with or for evga and helps build them out.

Could build my whole system I have for less then that thing costs, just see no point at that price point.

Am i missing something? This card has been out for a while now.

PCB design is different. That will have probably more PCB layers and definitely has a much stronger VRM design than the reference cards. I don't know if the silicon is binned or not, but its reasonable to assume it probably is. I think this is for the AIO crowd that likes factory overclocked stuff and decent cooling, but doesn't want to get their hands dirty with a custom cooling loop. As for myself, I'd rather buy another overclocked AIB card and a water block from EK and add it to a custom loop. Even at the $1,250 it costs for my GIGABYTE RTX 2080 Ti Aorus Xtreme 11G plus a 360 radiator and water block, I'm still well under the cost of that thing. Even if that thing is binned better, or the PCB design is somehow better, I doubt that it would make much difference over a custom setup on any other AIB with a custom cooling block on it.

To expand on this. The PCB is different like Dan said. Its thicker with more layers. The whole power distribution side of the card is custom made by TiN and Kingpin at EVGA and will take the GPU to its absolute limits. They are also 100% binned as well. They are certed by Kingping to do a specific overclock. This card isnt for the AIO crowd. It has a liquid cooler because it requires it and if the average joe buys one then it will keep cool out of the box. This card was designed to be a legendary overclocking production gpu. Its designed for LN2 and as such the cooler and heatsink is modular to retain VRM heatsinks and just the AIO and GPU portion comes off so you can put a LN2 pot on. The display on the card gives you the readouts, it has a ProbeIt breakout connector for reading voltages with a voltmeter. There is a reason the GPU benchmark records are held by 2080tis and not RTX Titans to be honest. If you want a 2080ti and are going to put a waterblock on it then get a normal one and put a block on it cause this thing is for the 1% and that is why all of the limiters can be turned off on this card.

Buildzoid Analysis

Gamers Nexus review

Gamers nexus overclocking on water

Gamers nexus teardown with Kingpin and TiN

Gamers Nexus LN2 with Steponz

JayzTwoCents vs Gamers Nexus with Kingpin full live stream

Jayz Condensed version of the above video

Steponz has a live series where he has been trying to beat Jay, GN, went after Vince and is trying to go for higher on his channel.

Steponz channel to see the others and more upcoming streams this week overclocking this card.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHcGSnu7Izq231nAS5zFmsw

Last edited:
There's a video at the bottom of the page (click the image in first post) and he says he has it running at 2220Mhz pretty sure.

And yeah, the card has apparently been out since March, but it's the first I have seen of it. :)

They are basically "to order".
Vince is a good engineer and he's good at spitballing ideas and working on different principals/theories. This Water solution is obvious overkill... but that is what KINGPIN is all about.

Back when him & Shimano were tearing it up in the OC world, he was already tied at the hip to EVGA. I really hope EVGA thinks about making AMD cards soon... as I have been buying EVGA for 15 years now.

Seems we go through the same song and dance every time this product get's released... this isn't a card for the masses in any capacity.

This card isn't even for high end system builders. This card is for the .01% (probably even lower) of folks going for benchmark records/top scores and the likes. It's meant to be used for LN2 runs by extreme overclockers, German Muscle covered what makes it special very well. MUCH more beefed up power delivery system, binning does occur (would have to dig to find my source on that, but I mentioned it last time around with the 1080Ti KingPin); the card is meant to do one thing: OC to the moon.

It's a crazy cool card we can all drool over and would buy if we won the lottery, not much more :D

Water cooled card....still has a fan on the card. Come on now.

Every bit of that card is engineered. If you look at the exploded view, you can see how great this design is... because those VRMs all have thick copper plates on them, while the GPU is under water...!

Ok... where's the $2500 oil bath GPU with circulating pump? (step up your game!)

The only criticism of this card I have is that they don't let that beautiful copper heatsink show more.

Water-cooled 2080Ti.. : https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=11G-P4-2589-KR

View attachment 179053

Does have some cool features.
Fans can be externally controlled, if that's what the PWM Fan connector does, the fan on the card.
Built-in customizable lcd display, can show stats, etc.

Takes 3 8-pin power connectors..

Halo product for sure.

Edit: Expanded view of it on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/embed/L30Kx...estbranding=1&playlist=_dEyoRWDMuE&showinfo=0
Breaking news, only 4 months late!

https://hardforum.com/threads/evga-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-k-ngp-n.1979942/

Honestly, if I was buying that card I'd grab a water block for it. Screw the AIO. However, as awesome as that is, I don't see it as being worth $400 or $500 more than the average AIB custom PCB cards like the ones from ASUS, MSI and GIGABYTE. I can slap a water block on them and probably get within a stones throw of that card, or even exceed it in its stock configuration. No doubt under water, that's probably the best card money can buy, but even I won't pay $400-$500 for what probably amounts to less than 5% improvement over other options.

I actually found that EK makes a water block for my GIGABYTE RTX 2080 Ti Aorus Xtreme 11G. I want to get that, but if I do I'll need to add another radiator to my loop.

The waterblock for the Kingpin is specific due to the design. I was gonna pick up a 1080ti kingpin and put it on water but they also use a specific water block and they are impossible to source.

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=400-HC-1589-B1

That one you linked is available, but $349 for a waterblock? I haven't done any watercooling yet, but that sounds out there price wise. Of course the card its for is also out there lol.

That one you linked is available, but $349 for a waterblock? I haven't done any watercooling yet, but that sounds out there price wise. Of course the card its for is also out there lol.
the one i posted was for the 2080 ti kingpin.

the one for the 1080ti kingpin isnt available anymore and cannot be found second hand.

Be advised you can still get a dud chip with one of these as I did (reference the JayzTwoCents and GN OC'ing video where Vince says one of the kingpin cards isn't so good) Costly return for sure with the restocking fee, but no way I was hanging onto a $1900 card that couldn't even get past 2130 stable.

My 2080 ti XC Ultra can hit 2160 with the underequipped 120mm rad hybrid kit from EVGA and costs a heck of a lot less. Haven't flashed the GALAX bios either.

Machines with custom water cooling in them still have fans on their radiators. What's your point?
I like having only fans on the radiators and in the PSU. Generally I find those fans are quieter.

Back