Longevity of Arctic Silver 5 in syringe

Quartz-1

Supreme [H]ardness
It's time for me to re-apply the thermal paste to my CPU. I have a syringe of Arctic Silver 5 that is some years old. Will it still be good? The syringe is capped and inside a plastic bag.

sacrifice a little to make sure it hasn't separated. if not its good to go. I'm still using a tube from 2012.

I have some that's probably twice that old. Just used some on a Z170 build and it seemed fine.

It seems to have done the job. However, my PC is still running at 40C, a lot better than 60C. I suspect that the issue is the case: the FT05 is much less spacious than the FT02. Or I may have put too much compound on.

I just replaced my tube. It was so thick it was having trouble getting it out.

But that tube I had around since my first build with a 2600 Barton.

Honestly, you're talking about $5-6. If you're at all iffy about your existing tube, just buy a new one and get a smaller cup of coffee at Starschmucks one day...

sacrifice a little to make sure it hasn't separated. if not its good to go. I'm still using a tube from 2012.
i had a 10 year old tube still work lol.

But honestly just buy some ICD and get something good. AS-5 is pretty low end stuff these days. ICD works well and lasts vs AS-5 having to be replaced fairly often depending on your use case.

i had a 10 year old tube still work lol.

But honestly just buy some ICD and get something good. AS-5 is pretty low end stuff these days. ICD works well and lasts vs AS-5 having to be replaced fairly often depending on your use case.
ICD?

I've never had AS5 go bad to the point I needed to reapply it within a build period. But then again, I'm not overclocking or generally using something that would cause rapid degradation.

Back