Long time lurkers first post!

Mikerocks2112

Limp Gawd
First, I'd like to thank you all for the vast amount of information you all provide here.

Now here is my dilemma. After many hours of lurking these forums, I am now down to these 3 models:

DoubleSight DS-265W 26"

BenQ FP241VW

Sharp AQUOS 32" 1080p LCD HDTV w/Vyper Drive Game Mode

What will I be using the monitor for?
PC games (not much emphasis on FPS games), Xbox 360 HDMI, Movies, and Photoshop.

I just can't make a decision for the life of me.

Suggestions? Thoughts? GTFO?

Lol. I am in the SAME position. I actually just posted in the BenQ thread.

I think that the FP 241VW is the best bet for us. Im afraid that without the Perfect Motion, the ghosting might be noticeable to my sensitive eyes, but we shall see.

-acemonster

guys, use thankyou10 to save extra 10% on BenQ FP241VW. $449 for a good 24" MVA display, you really got nothing to complain!

Thanks, but I think I'm buying from ncixus.com because I hear their dead-pixel policy is much better than BenQ's.

What? That's totally the opposite I heard ...I got my FP241VW $699 2 months ago from BenQ because I was told BenQ store's return policy is 30 day no question asked and I called BenQ to comfirm too.

I heard that BenQ is slow on updating the tracking but never heard anything bad about their return policy which is the only reason I keep on recommending buying directly from BenQ. After all dead pixels can really kill me.

http://store.benq.us/benq-us/service.aspx?section=8&culture=en-US

BENQ’S Online Store is happy to accept returns of purchased items within 30 days of the date of shipment with the exception of Refurbished products. Products that arrived defective or have become defective within 30 days of shipment may be exchanged for a replacement product. All replacements must be an identical product and version.

Ok. I'll reconsider then. I'll call tomorrow to confirm the 30 days without question return. Thanks again for the coupon code.

Lol. I am in the SAME position. I actually just posted in the BenQ thread.

I think that the FP 241VW is the best bet for us. Im afraid that without the Perfect Motion, the ghosting might be noticeable to my sensitive eyes, but we shall see.

-acemonster

I was actually set on the FP 241VW until I came across the 2 other models. My GF and I watch movies on my 22" right now...definitely not cutting it. 24" is a little bigger...but 26" and the gigantic 32" really have me thinking now. Heck, if I got the 32" I would definitely sign up for HDTV from Cox.

But it all boils back to gaming, which is probably 90% of the time I spend on the computer.

I am not a big fan of the Sharp as a tried and true PC gaming monitor. The Vyper drive on the GP1U and GP3U is very effective at lowering input lag, but their weird old style split pixel technology (three dots in a triangle) causes text to look a lot less sharp than the competition.

There are as good or better models from Toshiba and especially Panasonic (with an S-IPS display) 32LZ800/LZ85 from Panasonic is probably a top contender at 32" with 1080p.

For gaming it's a toss up between the BenQ and DS. Both have super low input lag, and good response time, though S-IPS is always more consistent with response time where A-MVA/PVA can be a bit slow from dark to dark. The Perfect motion does help in dark stuff, but you turn it off in bright games because there is very slight flickering at setting 1 and very visible flicker at settings 2 and 3, but it actually does reduce motion blur.

The one advantage with the BenQ is that it will work very well with pretty much any video device you have, whereas the DS may be a bit more hit and miss, unless the new 265W is better in this regard than the 263W was.

I was actually set on the FP 241VW until I came across the 2 other models. My GF and I watch movies on my 22" right now...definitely not cutting it. 24" is a little bigger...but 26" and the gigantic 32" really have me thinking now. Heck, if I got the 32" I would definitely sign up for HDTV from Cox.

But it all boils back to gaming, which is probably 90% of the time I spend on the computer.

God monitor shopping is the WORST. Pulling the trigger on a nice graphic card is too easy compared to picking out the right monitor.

The pre-order really helped because it was just buy and wait for it to be shipped. If you order it from BenQ, the shipping will be fast, but the updating of the tracking is extremely slow. It's $500, after the 10% it's 450. Add shipping and it's back to $500.

They had free shipping July 4th weekend, so maybe they will have a special for labor day....

Back