Long Stored Wii U Consoles Bricked

Voultar shows off existing Wii U hacking tools able to fix to Wii U brick issues.

Last edited:
Stuff just isn't made to last after initial shelf selling point. Playstation seems to last forever I replaced the teeth in my NES with gold plated teeth but I don't have a Crt TV to test it.

Stuff just isn't made to last after initial shelf selling point. Playstation seems to last forever I replaced the teeth in my NES with gold plated teeth but I don't have a Crt TV to test it.
Playstation have not had a history of reliable consoles. I don't know anyone that didn't have to replace their PS1 and 2 with in the console life cycle. My PS3 still kicking but I haven't used it for like 15 years. I still had to replace the Lazer in it after 3 years. It was also famous for the YLoD. The PS4 seems to be solid but I didn't keep them long since I upgraded to the Pro. The PS5 is still too new to determine its reliability.

Playstation have not had a history of reliable consoles. I don't know anyone that didn't have to replace their PS1 and 2 with in the console life cycle. My PS3 still kicking but I haven't used it for like 15 years. I still had to replace the Lazer in it after 3 years. It was also famous for the YLoD. The PS4 seems to be solid but I didn't keep them long since I upgraded to the Pro. The PS5 is still too new to determine its reliability.
Yeah, I went through 4 PSX, 3 PS2, and 4 PS3.

All the PSX had the CD drives die. The last one that worked is in storage. I haven't used an original PSX in 20 years at this point.

My original PS2 lasted longer than others seemed to before the DVD drive died. The second one was a first gen slim model with power issues. The super slim is still going strong.

Original 60GB PS3 got the YLOD. Replaced the PSU and it happened again, so I bought a first gen 120GB slim model to replace it instead of dealing with scavenged PSUs constantly. That console literally blew up, though not that dramatically (caps and/or transistors failed and popped violently while I was using it one day). Sony replaced it under warranty with a second revision 120GB slim model, whose power supply died. At that point scavenged power supplies for the original slim were more expensive than the new super slim model, so I just replaced it with a new 500GB super slim model that still works today.

My original PS5 stopped reading discs shortly after the warranty ran out, which is typical of Sony. Sony replaced the console for a $120 service fee. So I'm already on my second PS5.

The only PlayStation console that I have not had issues with was the PS4. Both my launch day PS4 and PS4 Pro still work.

The Xbox 360 is more notorious for the RROD, but I only had to have mine replaced twice. It was a much smoother process and experience than dealing with Sony consoles over the years. I have never had an issue with any other Microsoft console.

Back