LoneWolf's WTTF thread (Lots o' stuff)

LoneWolf

2[H]4U

HeatWare under LoneWolf15
Ebay feedback under ln-wolf

Hi Guys,

A lot of this stuff has been sitting around awhile, and it's time I cleared it out. Since some of it is old, but still useful, I decided everyone folding along with me should have first crack. All items are working to the best of my knowledge unless otherwise stated, but I have not used some of them in awhile, so the best I can give you is a no-DOA guarantee.
Trading is my first priority over selling; but I'll entertain offers of money via PM. Since I enjoy tinkering, if you have a parts list, I'll look at it even if none of your items are currently on my want list. Everything is negotiable, and pictures are available upon request. I can supply CPU codes if needed. I will add more as it becomes available, PM me with any questions. Thanks for looking!

Items I'll consider
1GB (2x 512MB) PC-2700 or higher Value RAM level DDR modules (I do NOT need high-end expensive stuff here, value ram will do, but I want a matched pair of 512 meggers)

Items I have

Cooling

Swiftech MCX64-V Socket 939 Heatsink/Fan - This is a high-quality unit with a solid, polished copper base, and a low-noise Delta 80mm fan. I also have the option of putting an unused high-output (read: high-noise) Delta 80mm on this unit instead if you'd like. This unit has one of the easier/better mounting setups I've seen. Replaced it with a Tuniq tower after upgrading my CPU, and no longer need it, but it has worked on CPU's from the basic Athlon 64 3000+ up to reliably cooling my X2 4800+.

Laptop parts

I a few LCD screens from older Toshiba and Sony VAIO laptops (probably 1024x768 displays), will sort them out when I can. Let me know if interested.

Memory

2x 256MB PC2700 CL2.5 DDR modules - matched pair.
256MB Crucial ECC Registered DDR module, PC2100

CPU's and Mainboards

Socket 423
Pentium 4 1.3GHz -Willamette core, pretty simple. If no-one has true need for it, it'll probably end up life as a keychain.

Socket A
AMD Duron 600MHz, Spitfire core -Just got this back from a friend whose system I'm rebuilding. When I had it in my own system prior to that, it ran solid at 1GHz air-cooled (your mileage may vary, but I used a KT7-RAID and an Alpha PAL heatsink/fan), I lowered it to stock for his system. Still unlocked with the pencil trick.
Picture

Socket 370
Intel Celeron 366 - Will likely overclock to 550 if you have the patience and time.
Intel Celeron 800 - Coppermine core, 100MHz FSB

Super 7
Shuttle HOT-599 mATX mainboard w/AMD K6-2 450MHz+HSF
SiS 5595 chipset, onboard video, Yamaha XG onboard sound,
3PCI/1ISA slots, 3 SDR sockets 2 USB ports, PS2/parallel/serial/game
Might be able to get you some RAM for this board as well
Picture

AMD K6-2 266MHz

Slot I
Intel Celeron 300A
Intel Celeron 400A
2 x Intel P2-233MHz w/heatsinks
Intel P2-400MHz, bare, SECC-1
Intel P2-450MHz w/heatsink, SECC-2
Intel P3-450MHz w/ heatsink, SECC-2

Intel AL440LX Atlanta Slot 1 mainboard, will work great with any of the 66MHz FSB Slot 1 processors I have listed. This is the model with onboard audio. NOTE (4/23/06) I have just flashed this to the final Intel BIOS, and tested it with a Slotket and the Celeron 600, as well as with the 300A and 400A Celerons. Works fine. EDIT(4/30/06): I have found a matching ATX backplate for this board as well, and can include two 32MB SDRAM modules if you would need them.
Picture

Socket 3
Pentium Overdrive 63MHz (for all of you still in 486-land)

Drives
IBM Ultrastar 9.1GB 7200rpm UW SCSI hard disk, tested, no bad sectors
Western Digital Enterprise 2.17GB 7200rpm UW SCSI hard disk, tested, no bad sectors
Plextor UltraPlex Wide 40x UW SCSI CD-ROM (black faceplate painted beige,
picture available, looks good enough that I bought it new without knowing)
Yamaha 4x4x16 SCSI CD writer
Toshiba SD-M1102 IDE DVD-ROM (teeny plastic piece on faceplate over LED missing, drive works)
Creative Labs CD820E 8x IDE CD-ROM drive
Western Digital Caviar 14300 4.3GB IDE HDD, tested, no bad sectors
Maxtor 4.3-GB DiamondMax 2160 (84320D4) IDE HDD, tested, no bad sectors
Quantum Fireball TM 2.5GB IDE HDD, tested, no bad sectors
Several slim-line CD-ROM drives from notebooks, to be announced

Cards
Promise Ultra66 PCI EIDE controller, PCI, supports up to 4 IDE devices
2x Diamond Fireport 40 UW SCSI card, PCI
Quadrant MPEG-2 decoder card, PCI
STB TV-PCI TV tuner board (support under Win95/98/Me only, possible support of other OSes through open-source or Conexant Bt848 drivers)
Diamond Monster3D Voodoo I with VGA cable
SoundBlaster 16 ISA
Various US Robotics ISA modems, mostly 33.6kbps (some may need to be tested, if you are interested, I will test them)

I may be interested in one of those slim-line CD-ROM drives, do you have the adapters to use them with a reg IDE cable?

[H]ella|[H]ard said:
I may be interested in one of those slim-line CD-ROM drives, do you have the adapters to use them with a reg IDE cable?

Nope, they're just as they came out of the laptops, in their housings. Let me know if you want their make/model numbers.

Bump for updates; will be adding more soon. If I don't hear too much interest, I will cross-post some items to the regular FS/FT forums.

bump for you :)
PM me if you're still interested ;)

EDIT whoops didn't realize you were in the DC thread, sorry

The slot 1 1GHz P3 looks interesting, but I have nothing that you need for trade. I do have a 1.13 Tualatin if it's of any value to you.

Bump, added more RAM and hard disks. Added some links to pictures.

Note: Very shortly some of the items in this thread will be going up in a regular FS/FT thread. I'm giving Folders first-crack, but I need to get rid of some of this stuff.

Bump, cleaned out some items, added a few optical drives, added the need for a 256MB SDRAM module. Two, actually, now that I think about it. Also upgraded the CPU on the Shuttle HOT-599 mainboard to a K6-2 450

I am not familiar with SCSI drives to tell what will work with my server. I have a Compaq DL360 Gen1 server and have the drive trays but no drives. Which of your drives will likely work with it?

If you can show me a picture of the connectors or cables the drives are supposed to fit, I can probably tell you; I can also provide pictures of the connectors on the drives I have. The drives I have are 68-pin. From what I have managed to find, assuming you have either the 64-bit/66MHz single or dual-channel SCSI controller, it appears you need 68-pin drives like the two I have. Here is the link I found:

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/10530_na/10530_na.html

I won't guarrantee compatibility for you, but I'd say it is very likely.

That is the system. I don't have a way of getting pictures but I will try and describe it. It dosen't have pins in the connection. If you have ever seen a network card for a laptop, the connection looks like the dongle adapter connection. seems to be a female style connection.

Ice,

For a sample picture of what the drive interfaces look like, click HERE .

To quote from the link that I posted above (I have bolded the relevant spots):

64-bit/66-MHz Single Channel Wide Ultra3 SCSI Adapter Drives Supported Up to 14 SCSI devices
Storage Capacity 254.8 GB
Data Transfer Method 64-bit/66-MHz PCI bus-master
(The Compaq ProLiant DL360 PCI bus operates at 33 MHz.)
Maximum SCSI Channel Transfer Rate 160 MB/s per channel
Maximum Transfer Rate per PCI Bus (peak) 532 MB/s per channel
SCSI Protocols Wide Ultra3 SCSI
Wide Ultra2 SCSI
Wide-Ultra SCSI-3
Fast-Wide SCSI-2
Fast SCSI-2
Electrical Protocol Low Voltage Differential (LVD)
SCSI Termination Active Termination
External SCSI Connectors One 68-Pin Wide Ultra SCSI-3 connector
Internal SCSI Connectors Two 68-Pin Wide Ultra SCSI-3 connectors (one LVD and one SE)
One 50-Pin Narrow Ultra connector

64-bit/66-MHz Dual Channel Wide Ultra3 SCSI Adapter Drives Supported Up to 28 SCSI devices (14 per channel)
Storage Capacity 509.6 GB
Data Transfer Method 64-bit/66-MHz PCI bus-master
(The Compaq ProLiant DL360 PCI bus operates at 33 MHz.)
Maximum SCSI Channel Transfer Rate 160 MB/s per channel
Maximum Transfer Rate per PCI Bus (peak) 532 MB/s per channel
SCSI Protocols Wide Ultra3 SCSI
Wide Ultra2 SCSI
Wide-Ultra SCSI-3
Fast SCSI-2
Electrical Protocol Low Voltage Differential (LVD)
SCSI Termination Active Termination
External SCSI Connectors Two 68-Pin VHDCI connectors
Internal SCSI Connectors Two 68-Pin Wide Ultra SCSI-3 connectors
One 50-Pin Narrow Ultra connector

This indicates to me that it is extremely likely both drives are compatible, but I don't know what the Compaq drive racks look like, so that's still the best I can tell you.

The SCSI backplane from the server.
SCSIBackplane.jpg

The drive tray top.
SCSITraytop.jpg

The Drive tray bottom.
SCSITraybottom.jpg

Your backplane appears to use 80-pin SCA connectors, as described here:

http://www.laluna.co.uk/scsi_info.php

If the drive cages do not have an integrated cable connector/adapter of their own (that is, the drive is supposed to plug in directly to the backplane) you'd need an adapter from HD68-pin to SCA to do so.

I don't have any adapters. Gonna have to look for another drive then. Thanks for all your help though.

Hi All,

I have four (two matched pairs) of basic DDR (I believe one pair is PC2700 Samsung, the other is PC3200 Infineon). Problem is, I have a system with only two DDR sockets. I'd very much like to get 1GB of RAM in this system. If anyone is willing to trade, please contact me. I am perfectly fine with PC2700 Value RAM, I don't need anything special, it just has to work with Socket 478 533FSB CPU's. If necessary, I might be able to sweeten the deal with something from my DC FS/FT thread, located here:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1014604

Thanks all, and keep on folding. (I'd post my score, but there's a database issue right now)

Lone Wolf, I merged your threads. Same rules as the normal FS/FT area apply here.

Thanks

I might have that quantum fireball your looking for. I'll get back with you later today.

AtomicMoose said:
Lone Wolf, I merged your threads. Same rules as the normal FS/FT area apply here.

Thanks

From the FS/FT Rules:

(4) CONSOLIDATE Threads. Do not post multiple threads, keep all your FS/FT deals in one thread, and all WTB/WTTF deals in a different thread. You should only have one FS/FT and one WTB/WTTF thread active at any one time. When making a new thread, include items from the old thread.

I thought this was what I was doing in keeping two threads, but I also looked at the DC FS/FT thread rules and they appear to be worded a little differently. So, my bad if that's not how it works. :)

Bumpage, culled the list of sold items. Still need that 1GB (2x512MB) of Value RAM.

PM replied to (actually several days ago). I'll probably be tacking on a hard disk or two to this thread in a few days, once my upgraded ReplayTV has passed its burn-in tests. Also, you should see an Intel P4 mATX board coming up soon.

Back