Lone Industries L2: Dual slot version of L1 anyone?

Interesting! Thanks!

So are most HD audio panels that are included in cases or the Silverstone panel I posted built to that specification? If so, that Silverstone panel would probably be the best option for me as that seems a bit out my capability.

I'll do some more searching around for places to buy an HD audio panel. I'll share if I find anything.

No, they aren't, as far as I know. The only thing on those front I/O panels that is build to spec in terms of EMI are the USB3.0 ports, and that's because if they weren't, the manufacturer wouldn't be allowed to call them USB3.0 ports.

It seems to quite hard to find front I/O panels that actually employ this EMI filter correctly.

Okay - thank you very much for your help.

I'm actually glad to hear that though as I've never had interference problems with the asrock z97e-itx in the few different cases I've had. Even with my IEMs at 100% I can't hear any noise or interference so maybe it won't be an issue.

Just bought a cheap 4670k used and put it in my L2 v2 (side panel without vents)

It gets crazy toasty. But my CPU cooler isn't the best out there, either. Cheapo Artic Alpine 11GT.

By undervolting it I've managed to keep it at 85c at load.

I have two Noctua fans sucking air in through filters. Maybe the filters are overkill though, and I wonder if they hurt my already bad airflow.

Just bought a cheap 4670k used and put it in my L2 v2 (side panel without vents)

It gets crazy toasty. But my CPU cooler isn't the best out there, either. Cheapo Artic Alpine 11GT.

By undervolting it I've managed to keep it at 85c at load.

I have two Noctua fans sucking air in through filters. Maybe the filters are overkill though, and I wonder if they hurt my already bad airflow.

Filters will impact airflow to some degree. Just try without, and see what happens. The vented side panel is the way to go... if only I had one to give you.

Did the improved mounting bracket ever get produced?

Thanks for the PM Siba. I haven't been getting email notifications on new posts to this thread. As mentioned in the PM, the mounting bracket for the HDPLEX was never produced. I have been very busy with work and life in general, and also decided I needed to find a new manufacturer before doing anything more. I've found a new manufacturer, and am hoping to produce something this year. Whether a mounting bracket for HDPLEX will ever be produced is still unknown, but not off the table.

Does anyone know if the AsRock Z97e itx and Cryorig C1 will fit in this case? I currently have the impact vi and C1 in this case that fits fine but I'm considering switching to the AsRock Motherboard

Does anyone know if the AsRock Z97e itx and Cryorig C1 will fit in this case? I currently have the impact vi and C1 in this case that fits fine but I'm considering switching to the AsRock Motherboard

The ASRock's CPU socket is positioned further towards the top edge of the motherboard (about 1 cm if I were to guess). How much room do you have between the C1 and the top flange of the L3?

Bought an L2 ages ago, finally getting around to actually building in it. My current rig's CPU+RAM+SSD are going to move in, together with some random intel mITX board (old CPU is i7-3770K, finding LGA1155 stuff is getting hard) and a Gigabyte 750Ti.
I'm finally going to put that stupid stock cooler that came with my CPU to some use, too (assuming it fits? Not sure if anybody has ever tried that).
The 750Ti + LP bracket cost me $125, board was another $100 after shipping/import/etc. Last to thing to shop for now is the power supply :)

EDIT: Old vs New http://imgur.com/a/yHB0l

Last edited:
Back