Lone Industries L2: Dual slot version of L1 anyone?

Finish looks aweome!

I sent you a PM about the blemished cases.

Thanks! Another option is that I just send the two back to be refinished. I just have to pay for shipping. So I hope nobody feels like they have to accept a blemished case.

Last edited:
Got word back from the powder coater. They expressed disappointment that they sent the two parts in that condition. They're willing to fix them at their expense. This may be the best option, but would delay things for a couple people. Anyone not in a hurry and willing to wait another week or so for their black L2?

At this point, I have all the black cases all assembled. Need to figure out how to best package the accessories now.

really like this new style case , wish i had known of galaxy 750ti card before ordering something else.

Jen

Unfortunately you're all out of stock for the L2 cases. I'll be waiting if you ever decide to produce these again. Actually are there any alternatives similar to the L2? I'd prefer one that allows the ability to use a pico psu.

Unfortunately you're all out of stock for the L2 cases. I'll be waiting if you ever decide to produce these again. Actually are there any alternatives similar to the L2? I'd prefer one that allows the ability to use a pico psu.

Sorry about that, I should've had a few more made. I'll consider doing another pre-order production run. Just need 20 people willing to pre-order. You could always go for an NCASE M1? I can't really think of an alternative to the L2, assuming you want the dual expansion slots and geared for PicoPSU? Perhaps someone else has a suggestion.

Well if you ever do a pre order, you can sign me up. So there's one! :)

Edit: I totally understand as to why you didn't manufacture more than 20 units. After all, you're not a big time manufacturer with a lot of resources so it's understandable. Though I do have a question, do you design these cases, in software like CAD, and then ship them out to have them built by others? If so, whenever you eventually decide to stop pursuing this endeavor, maybe you can release the source of your designs? This way others can pick up where you left off. Though this only applies if you want to release your designs and if/when you ever decide to stop manufacturing these cases. I appreciate all the work you put into this. It's nice to have some diversity in min itx cases. A lot of them are not optimized for pico psus, and if they are, they're mostly single slot.

Last edited:
Well if you ever do a pre order, you can sign me up. So there's one! :)

Edit: I totally understand as to why you didn't manufacture more than 20 units. After all, you're not a big time manufacturer with a lot of resources so it's understandable. Though I do have a question, do you design these cases, in software like CAD, and then ship them out to have them built by others? If so, whenever you eventually decide to stop pursuing this endeavor, maybe you can release the source of your designs? This way others can pick up where you left off. Though this only applies if you want to release your designs and if/when you ever decide to stop manufacturing these cases. I appreciate all the work you put into this. It's nice to have some diversity in min itx cases. A lot of them are not optimized for pico psus, and if they are, they're mostly single slot.

Thanks! I do design them with CAD software and have someone else make the parts, and another place powder coat them. Even having someone else make the parts, it is very time consuming just getting one case out the door. If I produce more, I need to look at ways to speed things up. There's no way I could do this if it wasn't for my employers support.

If I decide to stop producing the cases, I would consider releasing the designs to the public.

Just got my confirmation E-mail with the Purlator tracking, Thanks James!

Hopefully it's not too long of a wait for it to get to New England. Anxious to build.

Just got my confirmation E-mail with the Purlator tracking, Thanks James!

Hopefully it's not too long of a wait for it to get to New England. Anxious to build.

I'm located in Connecticut, and Purolator tracking gives me an estimated delivery by 6/17/14. Perhaps your date will be similar? Glad to see there will be at least two L2 cases on the East Coast. I'm getting pretty excited!

I'm located in FL, and I get the same ship date. I'm assuming it gives a general date and it will vary as I'm sure once it gets to the U.S. it transfers to probably the USPS. With them you're talking 3-4 days max across country.

Purolator links up with UPS in the states. Looks like some will see their case on June 16, others the 17th depending on your location and assuming no delays. I'm planning to get the remainder of the cases out today (which won't actually start moving until June 9th).

getting excited to see my white L2 with vented panel arriving here in Victoria, Australia. I believe there will be just 2 of these babies arriving down under - doesnt get more exclusive than that ;)

also what PicoPSU + brick combo are people using for say an i3 +750Ti combo - the mini-box 160XT +192W brick seem to be the best bet. seem better quality and better on the 12V rail than the pico box psu's away.

can anyone speak from experience?

Last edited:
getting excited to see my white L2 with vented panel arriving here in Victoria, Australia. I believe there will be just 2 of these babies arriving down under - doesnt get more exclusive than that ;)

also what PicoPSU + brick combo are people using for say an i3 +750Ti combo - the mini-box 160XT +192W brick seem to be the best bet. seem better quality and better on the 12V rail than the pico box psu's away.

can anyone speak from experience?

I have that same setup(160xt +192w) running an i3 2120 and a Galaxy 750ti. No problems here. Anything in particular you are looking to hear?

Alright, so I plan on running a i5-3570k, with a 750ti slim do you think I should get the mini-box setup or I'm trying to see if the HDPlex would be a better option :p. I'm kind of waiting to see what the HDPlex looks like inside of the L2, I just want to make sure I have enough power whilst gaming to not force shut downs.

Alright, so I plan on running a i5-3570k, with a 750ti slim do you think I should get the mini-box setup or I'm trying to see if the HDPlex would be a better option :p. I'm kind of waiting to see what the HDPlex looks like inside of the L2, I just want to make sure I have enough power whilst gaming to not force shut downs.

You may run into power issues at full load with the picoPSU, but hard to know for sure.

I have that same setup(160xt +192w) running an i3 2120 and a Galaxy 750ti. No problems here. Anything in particular you are looking to hear?

sounds pretty good to me. have to run any kill-a-watt testing to check what youre pulling from the wall. nice to know someone else has tested it. im pretty sure its a safe bet, as im running a 54W G series Pentium and a 7750 LP off my ISK 300's 150W, which is pretty inefficient and produces a lot of heat.

For all of those asking questions about the PicoPSU's ability to supply enough power for the GTX 750 Ti and an i5 or i7, I have the following (anecdotal) evidence. Using the hardware listed below, I can confirm the PicoPSU is quite a bit more powerful than I initially believed.

i5 4590S (65W TDP)
16Gb RAM (Low Voltage, 1.35V)
GTX 750 Ti
(2) 2.5" SSDs
(1) 2.5" 7200rpm HDD
(2) 80mm fans
PicoPSU 160-XT w/ 150W (12V 12.5A) adapter

I've only had the system running for a day or so, but through 1080p gaming or benchmarking, it has been flawless so far! Hope this might help some.

For all of those asking questions about the PicoPSU's ability to supply enough power for the GTX 750 Ti and an i5 or i7, I have the following (anecdotal) evidence. Using the hardware listed below, I can confirm the PicoPSU is quite a bit more powerful than I initially believed.

i5 4590S (65W TDP)
GTX 750 Ti
(2) 2.5" SSDs
(1) 2.5" 7200rpm HDD
(2) 80mm fans

I've only had the system running for a day or so, but through 1080p gaming or benchmarking, it has been flawless so far! Hope this might help some.

can you do the occt power supply test? This basically maxes out the GPU and CPU at the same time to stress out the power delivery of the PSU to ensure the PSU has adequate power delivery to the system.

i5 4590S (65W TDP)
GTX 750 Ti
(2) 2.5" SSDs
(1) 2.5" 7200rpm HDD
(2) 80mm fans

Could you please post your 12v rail readings at idle and at full load? I ran a similar setup, and it sagged down to under 11 volts - didn't crash though. Thanks so much!

Could you please post your 12v rail readings at idle and at full load? I ran a similar setup, and it sagged down to under 11 volts - didn't crash though. Thanks so much!

You had an 80W TDP i5 right? I may be able to do some of these things also. I'm going to build an Xeon E3-1231 (80W TDP) based server. Just waiting on the PicoPSU-160-XT to arrive.

You had an 80W TDP i5 right? I may be able to do some of these things also. I'm going to build an Xeon E3-1231 (80W TDP) based server. Just waiting on the PicoPSU-160-XT to arrive.

Yep, I had an 77 watt TDP chip - I did disable 1 of the cores and undervolted to an offset of -.02.

can you do the occt power supply test? This basically maxes out the GPU and CPU at the same time to stress out the power delivery of the PSU to ensure the PSU has adequate power delivery to the system.

Ran OCCT PSU test for a few hours, and everything appeared to work great! I had never used the program before, but I think I set it up correctly. Are there certain settings you recommend I test with?

Not 100% sure how to go about doing this. Should I just run some stressing software and monitor voltages using HWMonitor? I know what to look for, just want to make sure I provide you with exactly what you're asking for! :)

Not 100% sure how to go about doing this. Should I just run some stressing software and monitor voltages using HWMonitor? I know what to look for, just want to make sure I provide you with exactly what you're asking for! :)

Yep - you can monitor it via software. HWMonitor isn't accurate sometimes though. Often times, the mobo manufacturer will provide a good piece of monitoring software for you to check out voltages in real time. What type of mobo do you have?

Last edited:
Back