Lone Industries L2: Dual slot version of L1 anyone?

I'd like a matte black. A thick texture to it could look nice though. Something like this:
structural-paint-1091572.jpg

Regular matte by itself would be great too though.

I'd like a matte black. A thick texture to it could look nice though. Something like this:

Regular matte by itself would be great too though.

I'd consider a fine texture. It's definitely be more durable than matte black. I even have a fine white texture. Only thing is I'd be a little concerned that it would mess up tolerances a little. It seems the texture is a little thicker than non-texture. Would have to confirm though.

If charocal grey or any variation there of, isn't possible I'm going to go with Matte white for my L2 :) How much more would you need to order if you'd need to go for reduced prices...?

I'm already in the process of building my APU rig so this should be an icing on top of it all. When will production begin? :)

Here are some of the white samples I have:

From left to right: Pompano matte white, matte white, apollo white (used on original L1), white sandtex.

Last edited:
If charocal grey or any variation there of, isn't possible I'm going to go with Matte white for my L2 :) How much more would you need to order if you'd need to go for reduced prices...?

I'm already in the process of building my APU rig so this should be an icing on top of it all. When will production begin? :)

Just to clarify, there will only be one white, and black option for everyone. That's why unless everyone agrees on something different than what I recommend, I'll just go with my colour choices. :) In terms of reducing the price, basically the more I order, the lower the price. I'm already ordering more than necessary, so I don't know that things will change. I'll probably wait until next week to submit my purchase order. If the pre-orders don't come in that fast, then I may wait longer.

Order Placed.

Thank you!

A fine black matte(almost a krinkle) finsh like on my Node would be good, doesn't show paw prints etc so much

IMG_2540_zpsfa4dce1e.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for the pre-orders. I'm a little worried about the number of pre-orders, or lack thereof.

Here's some black fine textures next to the L1 matte black. I picked the L1 matte black because of it's very flat/matte appearance, and because it resisted finger prints more than any other smooth matte black. The fine textures would definitely hide finger prints more, but not completely:

More black. Fine textures are the two far left. The rest are smooth. Notice how the semi-gloss black sticks out. The matte blacks do look darker under different lighting.

Last edited:
Might be better to setup a dedicated "For Sale" thread.

I think maybe that second from the left textured powder looks good, hard to tell though maybe a macro shot would be good.

I feel like I'm already too loud on this forum. ;)

I think maybe that second from the left textured powder looks good, hard to tell though maybe a macro shot would be good.

They're both very similar, but that one is noticeably more rough and thicker. Not sure it'd be an option. The fine texture rectangle sample measures thin enough.

If everyone had the option between:
1. matte black
2. gloss black

Which would you choose? These are the choices I'm leaning more towards, or would feel more comfortable recommending.

I feel like I'm already too loud on this forum. ;)

They're both very similar, but that one is noticeably more rough and thicker. Not sure it'd be an option. The fine texture rectangle sample measures thin enough.

If everyone had the option between:
1. matte black
2. gloss black

Which would you choose? These are the choices I'm leaning more towards, or would feel more comfortable recommending.

Yeah, wasn't sure what the rules were here, maybe hit more forums also.

I thought the one I was looking at was the less rough, goes to show how light can screw with things. I'd go for the matte again.

Thank you for the pre-orders. I'm a little worried about the number of pre-orders, or lack thereof.

Well if you had more who said they were interested I don't think a PM to ask them if they're still interested is out of line. Some may have not checked the thread recently.

Yeah, wasn't sure what the rules were here, maybe hit more forums also.

I thought the one I was looking at was the less rough, goes to show how light can screw with things. I'd go for the matte again.

Ya, it sure can! Without something to compare against, they all look pretty much the same (except the gloss black).

Well if you had more who said they were interested I don't think a PM to ask them if they're still interested is out of line. Some may have not checked the thread recently.

I sent some PM's, and some have replied and have just been busy with life, which is understandable. I'll plan on getting things going beginning of next week. I think I'll just go with 15 instead of 20. Not a big enough difference in price for me to worry about. Most of you guys have already bought an L1. :)

I'd prefer matte black.

Thank you. I think this is the way we'll be going. Most people I show the samples to prefer the smooth matte black.

Getting an error 500 trying to pre-order which shows up as "Out of Stock" ?

Last edited:

I like the fine textured ones the best too. If it'd be allowed, I think a dedicated FS thread would be a great idea.

Silent PC Review forum would be all over this lone.. make a post.
I agree. This case needs more exposure.

I sent some PM's, and some have replied and have just been busy with life, which is understandable. I'll plan on getting things going beginning of next week. I think I'll just go with 15 instead of 20. Not a big enough difference in price for me to worry about. Most of you guys have already bought an L1. :)
Assuming it didn't cost too much to get my finger put back together, I'll most likely be good to go Friday. :p

Quick question, what is this distance from the bottom of the PCI-E slot to the base of the case?
b9DK7Hv.png

Last edited:
Quick question, what is this distance from the bottom of the PCI-E slot to the base of the case?
b9DK7Hv.png

That measurement is 7 mm. But, that particular measurement may not be the most useful measurement, because the opening varies from case to case. What are you trying to figure out? The measurement from the backside of the GPU PCB mounted in the first slot to the bottom of the case is 41.7 mm.

Last edited:
Okay, whoever has already ordered (or not), I need to know your preference for your selected colour. This doesn't mean you'll necessarily get what your preference, but might help me choose what most people want.

1. Fine texture
2. Smooth matte
3. Smooth gloss/semi-gloss
4. Too many choices, please choose for me! :)

Last edited:
All options are for white or black?

I think I prefer the original glossy white. I like the unevenness in the texture of it.

Okay, whoever has already ordered (or not), I need to know your preference for your selected colour. This doesn't mean you'll necessarily get what your preference, but might help me choose what most people want.

1. Fine texture
2. Smooth matte
3. Smooth gloss/semi-gloss
4. Too many choices, please choose for me! :)

Black with the smooth matte, please.

White smooth matte here :)

On a secondary note,I hope this isn't off topic;
Currently I plan on having my Asrock A85x-itx + A10-6800K build go inside the L2. I'm seeing quite a few people have used aftermarket coolers on their mitx builds with the L1's outing but I'm curious, what sort of coolers can I look for to for my APU build that I currently have running atop my desk alongside Mushkin Blackline Ridgebacks 996991?

I'm assuming the Ridgeback heatsink will interfere with low profile coolers...

Last edited:
*snip*
I'm assuming the Ridgeback heatsink will interfere with low profile coolers...
I am fairly certain the AXP 100(w/ slim fan) or the Noctua NH-L9a will fit the bill well. If you aren't afraid to do so, you could always take the heatsink off.

Thanks for the info Ryleh. I've been busy sifting through coolers and the two you've mentioned in hopes of finding a compatible cooler for my mobo and the accompanying ram kit I've used. The issue with the AXP100 is that the ram sinks will conflict with the fins and the Noctua NH L9a will be overwhelmed with my 100W TDP A10...bummer! :(

Atm, looking into the zalman range of coolers.

Edit:
I think I've nailed it with this :D
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118142

Now, I'd need to settle on a Pico PSU link :p

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Ryleh. I've been busy sifting through coolers and the two you've mentioned in hopes of finding a compatible cooler for my mobo and the accompanying ram kit I've used. The issue with the AXP100 is that the ram sinks will conflict with the fins and the Noctua NH L9a will be overwhelmed with my 100W TDP A10...bummer! :(

Atm, looking into the zalman range of coolers.

Edit:
I think I've nailed it with this :D
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118142

Now, I'd need to settle on a Pico PSU link :p

So I have the A88 version of your motherboard with a 7850k in there which is a 95W TDP apu. I recommend against that specific zalman, as it will not adequately cool your processor. I used the zalman 7500 cu but i also had to deshield my ram sticks. They dont need those things anyway and really do more hurt than good. Check out my thread with that cooler.

I've discovered that when it comes to this case and itx mobos you can have -- Adequate cooling, Strong Processor, Tall Ram sticks.....you can only pick two though.

If you have the stomach for it, pop the heat shield off and go with a scythe, axp-1xx or the zalman i suggested. (im partial to the zalman)

http://www.frostytech.com/top5_lowprofile_heatsinks.cfm

The zalman 8900 and 8700 each block a ram slot and you'd be seriously crippling an A10 with only a single stick, no matter how big or fast it is.

Last edited:
Back