Lol @ what ASUS RMA sent me... Rampage VI

TrevorR

Gawd
I sent my dead absolute mint Rampage VI motherboard to ASUS and after a week they sent me a different one.

This one had scratches all over and a dented built in IO shield by the BIOS button (You can see in the picture) but eh cosmetic stuff I guess so I went to test and then I went to screw in my wifi dongles and low and behold. They aren't even there.......
27779783547_56dd97371a_b.jpg

What a joke ASUS RMA is..

Did a build for a client and the ASUS board had dead USB ports, did RMA and they were prompt.
However, the RMA morons sent the replacement board to a Frys store instead of the customers home address.
Getting the store to send the unopened UPS package to the correct address is another story.

Did a build for a client and the ASUS board had dead USB ports, did RMA and they were prompt.
However, the RMA morons sent the replacement board to a Frys store instead of the customers home address.
Getting the store to send the unopened UPS package to the correct address is another story.

They sort of did this to me. I was moving and I sent the motherboard from my old address and a few days later moved halfway across the country. On the RMA that I created, I put my new address.

After they received the old motherboard, they sent this one to my old address and I had to forward it through Fedex which required me to pay. I contacted ASUS when I saw that it was being sent to my old address but the ASUS CS said that I shouldn't worry because the new address was the address they had on file. But I told them that's not what the tracking number tells me and then I just ended it there and just paid for the forwarding...

Bunch of morons. They sent the motherboard back to what the shipping label had said and not what the RMA ticket had....

RMA horror stories (and not just asus) have taught me to take many close-up pictures of anything before I send it back.

Damn, if Asus can't get it right, what hope do the lesser brands have, LOL

You know what I do? I actually refuse to buy motherboards anywhere but from Microcenter. If I have any issues, I just return the motherboard to the store and I love that I can do that. It's for this very reason that I do this. I eat the tax and deal with it.

You know what I do? I actually refuse to buy motherboards anywhere but from Microcenter. If I have any issues, I just return the motherboard to the store and I love that I can do that. It's for this very reason that I do this. I eat the tax and deal with it.

Yeah I was thinking about that. Maybe that extended warranty they sell is worth it after all.

Well... I just got an email from ASUS. I literally received the motherboard this morning from Fedex and emailed them about 30 minutes later. They replied back giving me a Fedex label and apologized and is cross shipping me a motherboard and I didn't even need to give CC as collateral.

Good CS I guess, just gotta wait to see how this next motherboard turns out. Its probably the repair department thats shitty not so much the CS.

I've always done advanced rma with my rog boards. Never have to wait and it's only like $20. Almost the price it costs to ship it to them and then include prepaid return label. Luckily I've always gotten good boards back. Advanced rma with intel too.

I RMA'ed a Rampage V Extreme about 3 months ago. They sent back a R5E that was literally brand new (stickers on the heatsinks) within a week.

RMA horror stories (and not just asus) have taught me to take many close-up pictures of anything before I send it back.

the only thing i've learned is that RMA'ing is a waste of time and buying crap based on their supposed "warranty" isn't worth the extra cost.. delt with to much BS from asus, gigabyte, and EVGA and so on to make it worth it.. the last tech company that actually gave a crap about their customers was BFG(R.I.P.).

I RMA'ed a Rampage V Extreme about 3 months ago. They sent back a R5E that was literally brand new (stickers on the heatsinks) within a week.

it basically comes down to what they have on hand.. if there are no refurbs available they'll ship a new one, otherwise always expect a refurb from ASUS.

Well... I just got an email from ASUS. I literally received the motherboard this morning from Fedex and emailed them about 30 minutes later. They replied back giving me a Fedex label and apologized and is cross shipping me a motherboard and I didn't even need to give CC as collateral.

Good CS I guess, just gotta wait to see how this next motherboard turns out. Its probably the repair department thats shitty not so much the CS.

the one thing i never do is blame CS reps for any company, most of them are stupidly underpaid for the amount of bs they have to deal with on a daily basis. all they can do is answer calls and fill out paperwork, it's the other idiots that receive the paperwork that are the problem.

after getting hosed on a few RMA’s years back I stopped using Asus products in my builds, I stopped selling them in the retail store I was at for a few years and the last 15 years in an IT admin role I wont use their stuff in the office computers either. I did buy a z370i this go around for myself but Ill assume if I need to warranty it ill just buy something else while they take their time to send me a beat up refurb, or send it back with their famous “physical damage” claims and exchange it a few times

Good CS after having terrible CS? Oh and after you put it on a often read public PC forum?

That's not good cs.

Actually I appreciate these posts. I haven't bought any Asus products in years now because of all these issues.

Heh.... So they sent me a Fedex label to ship the motherboard back which I did, I literally dropped off the Fedex package to a Fedex store this morning....

I get back home 15 minutes ago and there's a package on the porch waiting for me from ASUS. Too tiny to be a motherboard, so I open it, and its the wifi thing that plugs into the motherboard........

I guess they expect me to take apart the IO and install the thing.

Morons at ASUS I tell you....

Heh.... So they sent me a Fedex label to ship the motherboard back which I did, I literally dropped off the Fedex package to a Fedex store this morning....

I get back home 15 minutes ago and there's a package on the porch waiting for me from ASUS. Too tiny to be a motherboard, so I open it, and its the wifi thing that plugs into the motherboard........

I'm still laughing they had another person join and claim be a rep. Asus had an official rep here for years. But I wouldn't want his job.

You sure they are shipping you another motherboard at this point? You may have just traded a motherboard that was missing the Wifi dongle for a Wifi dongle.

Of the big mess here, I’d be most concerned at the piece of possible metal in the USB C connector. That’s likely a good way to fry a component and the motherboard in one shot.

You sure they are shipping you another motherboard at this point? You may have just traded a motherboard that was missing the Wifi dongle for a Wifi dongle.

I didn't think about that......... Well shit! Gonna have to contact the rep that posted in this thread lol!

Of the big mess here, I’d be most concerned at the piece of possible metal in the USB C connector. That’s likely a good way to fry a component and the motherboard in one shot.

It was actually just a piece of plastic wrapping from the static bag.

D789A5E1-5F90-436F-A61B-2C02103E5FDE.jpeg
Yep, I sent it in last Saturday and it got to their warehouse that Monday since I live a few hours away from them. I just got it today and it’s a brand new Board with plastic on heat sink IO and everywhere else. No scratch anywhere. Satisfied this time other than that it took a while....

Had a 6990 back in the day from ASUS that started artifacting pretty hard. So I shipped it back to them, but not before putting a tiny permanent marker inscription somewhere they'd never find it. I get my replacement - it's the same card - still artifacts. So I ripped them a new one and told them that I would absolutely know if they sent me the same card back. Second time was a brand new card (or so it appeared).

I love Asus boards and that's about all I use in builds.... That said, if one ever died on me I think I'd just buy a new one rather than try to navigate their gawdawful customer service.

Last edited:
View attachment 82790 Yep, I sent it in last Saturday and it got to their warehouse that Monday since I live a few hours away from them. I just got it today and it’s a brand new Board with plastic on heat sink IO and everywhere else. No scratch anywhere. Satisfied this time other than that it took a while....

that's great and all, but they should've got it right the first time around.

Fingers crossed here... I just RMA'd a Prime B350-Plus where the VRM appears to be bad. changing the multiplier from anything but default overvolts the CPU to 1.5v. updating bios and resetting bios didn't fix it, and swapiing cpus between this and my other Prime B350-Plus mainboard resulted in the same problem with both cpus on the same board. My worry is that the USB 3.0 header was damaged in the removal of the board from the case. I noted it in the RMA as to how that happened, but you know...

God I hate those USB 3.0 plugs. You literally need to pry the damn things loose with a small screwdriver.

Back