LOL - Free SimCity with AMD APU's at Newegg!

their own graphs show that the processors are too slow to even run SimCity, barely over 30fps at 720p medium settings

Interesting move by AMD to make their processors even LESS appealing... :p

seriously, what the hell. AMD was once my favourite company but these days they're such a joke.

The thing is that AMD is trying to sell cpu or APU in this way and it does make sense to try this at least :)

Most of you complainers are not even going to buy an APU anyway :) . Let alone enjoying simcity on it :) since that is prolly not your cup of tea.

What's crazy is that this crappy CPU actually uses more wattage than i5 2500K while delivering roughly 2/3 of the performance.

What's crazy is that this crappy CPU actually uses more wattage than i5 2500K while delivering roughly 2/3 of the performance.

It is an APU and it actually _delivers_ DX11 , try that on your I5 .....

For a moment, I was thinking this was Sim City Classic. That would have been quite an original pun on EA Games. :D

Interesting move by AMD to make their processors even LESS appealing... :p

seriously, what the hell. AMD was once my favourite company but these days they're such a joke.
You know your product is shit and/or has a bad image when you can't put clearance pricing on it and your retailers sell it in a combo with something equally shitty just to clear shelf space for better products.

You know your product is shit and/or has a bad image when you can't put clearance pricing on it and your retailers sell it in a combo with something equally shitty just to clear shelf space for better products.

That's not how it works ...

You guys are ridiculous lol

Isn't that what makes life fun? :D

I also made the mistake of pre-ordering SimCity, boy was I disappointed with the launch troubles and the overall lackluster game in general. :( It's not bad, but the launch combined with it being meh just killed it entirely for me.:(

LOL, this thread is [H]. So here is me giving a fuck about it!

APU's have their place, not everyone is in troubling need of an iF'in5 [H].

I am not going to build my dad an intel i5 machine when all he does is browse the internet on it and works with word documents. Are most of you really complaining about something free?

Before you get Core i[H] on me, know that I just built a [H] Core i5-3570k rig to drive my gaming needs.

SimCity is the joke. As is AMD in the processor area. So pretty much the whole thing is a joke. :D

Yes call AMD a joke in the cpu arena..

You will be crying if they ever stop doing cpus (they wont) and intel doubles it price.

Then you can get a intel cpu with 1/2 (of amd) the performance at twice (of amd) the price, as that is all you will be able to afford! lol

^ I think that Intel would have to discontinue everything except their Celeron and Atom lines to even have a CPU that has half the performance of an AMD.

You will be crying if they ever stop doing cpus (they wont) and intel doubles it price.

Then you can get a intel cpu with 1/2 (of amd) the performance at twice (of amd) the price, as that is all you will be able to afford! lol

Oh, I never said I wanted AMD to suck or go out of business...but reality is what it is. :p

Yeah then we get stuck with Nvidia products that are $600 again. We couldn't rely on review sites to continuously call out how bogus that was. They sure haven't done it with the fact that its 10 years later and we still have DX9 games coming out. Competition is definitely good, AMD CPU/APU sales have definitely not been to amazing so it makes me nervous definitely considering buying an AMD graphics card just to keep the competition there even though I am a Nvidia guy. I have a APU in my work laptop and the thing is actually very good. I have the thing turned down to 15% when on battery mode and it still handles whatever I throw at it.

I am not going to build my dad an intel i5 machine when all he does is browse the internet on it and works with word documents. Are most of you really complaining about something free?

Before you get Core i[H] on me, know that I just built a [H] Core i5-3570k rig to drive my gaming needs.

Is the site now doing an incentive program for self-references?

Lol, Just built my Dad an I7 3930 build for mostly the same stuff... :p have fun when you can

Are they really competing, though? It's like a luxury car vs. a basic Kia.

What if an A10-5800K is overclocked to 4.6 and has 2133 MHz DDR3 (at one time it was cheap), vs. the i3-3225?

People shit on these APU's way more than they deserve.

I built an APU system for my mom and it plays BF3 at 1080p on medium settings at a playable framerate

Yeah, there's a bunch of hate going on directed at those poor APUs. My intent with the thread wasn't to shit on AMD's APUs or CPUs at all. In fact, Richland is going to probably be going into another fun build of mine - a mini ITX system. That said, why oh why would they choose to offer SimCity? How much did EA pay them? I mean, if Richland comes out and has this exact deal with the SimCity coupon, I probably wouldn't install it. Because then I'd have to register an Origin account.

I bought SimCity for half off a few days ago... I guess I didn't have to experience the launch problems but so far its an amazing game.

Why are you people hating on a free game being offered as promotion? Yes EA fucked up with the launch, but what game didn't experience problems at launch? Yaddy yadda EA is retarded for making you playing the game online and all that I know but still.

It is rather hilarious seeing "34 fps" though...

I bought SimCity for half off a few days ago... I guess I didn't have to experience the launch problems but so far its an amazing game.

Why are you people hating on a free game being offered as promotion? Yes EA fucked up with the launch, but what game didn't experience problems at launch? Yaddy yadda EA is retarded for making you playing the game online and all that I know but still.

The problem isn't the launch (although it was very bad) the problem is that the simulation is shoddy and even if it wasn't it's pretty bare-bones feature-wise.

Also it's buggier than it should be, but that's the least of its problems.

^ I think that Intel would have to discontinue everything except their Celeron and Atom lines to even have a CPU that has half the performance of an AMD.
Nope, you're forgetting about the server-grade CPUs. People would flock to those instead. Intel will never discontinue or stop making Xeon's because the world depends on it, and if they drive up prices there will be enough incentive for someone go out and kick Intel's arse.

Nope, you're forgetting about the server-grade CPUs. People would flock to those instead. Intel will never discontinue or stop making Xeon's because the world depends on it, and if they drive up prices there will be enough incentive for someone go out and kick Intel's arse.

Not really, cost to enter that market is a big barrier.

The Problem I have with SimCity is that EA has a that game requires Online for Single Player mode. That's just stupid, and I probably would have bought the game were not for the requirement for an always online connection. Now, if EA releases a patch to correct the always online requirement and the game goes down to $10, I'd seriously consider maybe thinking about perhaps contemplating the possibility of maybe considering a possible purchase of this game if I had a Gift Card or some other type of money I didn't work for. Then again I could wait for one of my enemies to give it to me as a gift...I hate them so much...they're great....

I actually like the APU's.

Simpsons ROCK!!

Back