Logon Failure Account Currently Disabled "No Icons" ERROR HELP!!!

Chris-R

Limp Gawd
I recently got into a problem. It's my uncles computer he turns it on and an error message pops up saying "Logon Failure Account Currently Disabled" all the icons in START>ALL PROGRAMS are missing. Icons on the desktop are gone, only some remain and the ones that do remain when clicked on have the same error popup. When you go into the control panel all the icons are just paper icons or the icons that are default for "no icon" if you know what i mean by that. I was wondering what i should do. Can anyone help me out if more info is needed ill list more...

Windows XP SP1

Chris R

Well, how does he log into XP usually? Is it the Welcome Screen or the Ctrl+Alt+Del Netlogon screen?

Usually when an account becomes disabled, you can't even get into the desktop, usually due to an account lockout policy when the password is entered a few times incorrectly.

Do you have another account on the machine installed that you can check such as the default Administrator that you can check the locked out account with and reset the setting?

If not, and your uncle's profile is the only one on the machine, you can use ERD Commander's Locksmith to reset the password and access the machine, which usually resets the account lockout option. It's not free but it works. Also BartPE supports the locksmith plugin, and is free.

ERD2002 Locksmith Plugin: http://home.wanadoo.nl/arjan.van.beijnum/pebuilder/plugins/erdc2002/erdc2002.htm

BartPE / PEBuilder
http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder

You'll need to download the PE builder and extract files from a WinXP CD.

Good Luck

There are no other accounts on the system. I will try and see if there are any restrictions on accounts through the Administrator account in safemode. Hopefully something will come up....

If you can get in on safe mode you can create a new admin account. You can't use the same name but it will work.

It is possible that your Administrator account got corrupted. Which is why you shouldn't use your Administrator account and you really should always create another.

Also if you have system restore enabled you can restore a previous restore point to correct the problem.

Back