Logitech Z2300 to Z623 thoughts

ochadd

[H]ard|Gawd
Due to an unfortunate run in with feline last week I had to replace my 11 year old Z2300 speakers.

I've installed them in exactly the same positions and thought I'd give my quick thoughts. The new speakers are tiny in comparison. The Z623 subwoofer must weigh 2/3 or less of the originals and is about 2/3 the length. The speakers seem to be a bit more tinny but crisper. I ran the old speakers at the 50% "knob" mark for volume and bass right at the detent for normal listening and about 50% in Windows. The new ones require the bass cranked to the max and the volume @ 3/4.

I would never ever run the old Z2300s at max, too loud. If I want to jam out both the speaker knob and Windows need to be cranked.

Overall I'll live with them but don't like them as much as the originals. The sound lacks body or character and the sub doesn't hit as hard imho. The setups I listen to on a daily basis are these speakers and Corsair Vengeance 7.1 surround set on the computer. My living room is a Pioneer 5.1 w/ a PSA v1500 700w sub. The only thing I know about music is what I like and don't like. Don't much care for these.

speakers%20%281%29.jpg

speakers%20%283%29.jpg

speakers%20%282%29.jpg

speakers%20%284%29.jpg

Thanks for the review. I figured they wouldn't be all that great. I guess maybe I'll try to pick up a set of Z2300 off ebay.

Back