Logitech Z-5500 Volume Knob Tight Spots

GCTonyHawk7

Limp Gawd
Hey guys. I recently got the Logitech Z5500 speakers. I love them to death, but had a quick question for other owners.

logitech_z5500_4.jpg

I notice that when you turn the volume knob on the control center, it will get loose, then tight, then loose, then tight. It almost feels like it is rubbing against something on the inside. Although, I did notice that it rubs around max volume and around min volume.

So, is it meant to do this, or is mine defective?

Hey guys. I recently got the Logitech Z5500 speakers. I love them to death, but had a quick question for other owners.

logitech_z5500_4.jpg

I notice that when you turn the volume knob on the control center, it will get loose, then tight, then loose, then tight. It almost feels like it is rubbing against something on the inside. Although, I did notice that it rubs around max volume and around min volume.

So, is it meant to do this, or is mine defective?

sounds defective

I have had a Z-5500 for months now and have never noticed the volume knob to get tight. Was going to suggest that you might want to take it off to have a look but when I tried it didn't look like it would come off without breaking it.

As I am talking to a fellow Z-5500 owner have you ever got the audio input on the side (below the headphone jack) to work. If I plug my mp3 player in there it does not seem to register with the Z-5500 and I can't find anyway to select this input. Not overly bothered cos I don't really use this input but would like to know all the same.

I have had a Z-5500 for months now and have never noticed the volume knob to get tight. Was going to suggest that you might want to take it off to have a look but when I tried it didn't look like it would come off without breaking it.

As I am talking to a fellow Z-5500 owner have you ever got the audio input on the side (below the headphone jack) to work. If I plug my mp3 player in there it does not seem to register with the Z-5500 and I can't find anyway to select this input. Not overly bothered cos I don't really use this input but would like to know all the same.

read my response above. I had a logitech z680 system that had a slight rattle coming from the sub-woofer. Called logitech and they sent the z5500's, (when they were $500), out to me for free and told me I could keep my slightly annoying z680's that worked fine...

the Audio input on the side works when you select the source as direct if the switch on the back is in direct 6 ch mode or stereo 1 when the switch is in 3 stereo mode.

I got this same problem. Got the turn knob off and investigated the tighteming spot. Came to conclusion when the dial is all the way pushed in it will get tight then loose then tight again. What i did got my self a hand held DREMMEL and just made the circular hole bigger and it now turns smoothly. No more tight spot,loose spots when turning the DIAL. Turns SMOOTH as it should of been when purchased.

Back