Logitech Z-5500 $195AR Free Shipping!

Not bad with the MIR. But you can usually find it for $180 with no rebate every couple months.

Not bad with the MIR. But you can usually find it for $180 with no rebate every couple months.

Agreed, this is not smoking.. But if you really want this speaker system, this is a good price. I got mine from Dell for $185 Shipped a few months ago (No Rebates)

Seriously. I'm in the market for some of these, but I know there can be better deals. Are there any around right now?

Ignore the naysayers, $183 AC + AR + free shipping or $176 AR AC is a good deal for these speakers. It's waiting on the rebate that turns some people off.

Has it gone for less? Of course it has, but that was a while ago. Dell also charged sales tax on their deal...

Here's the deal history on the logitecs in case you have any doubts: http://www.dealigg.com/story-Logitech-Z-5500-Digital-Speaker-System-7

A better deal is not current but seeing how they have had price points lower than this current offering I am comparing to those previous deals.

Whey is Logitech going to come out with a better model. It's about time for that.

Great speakers for a good price. I've been a satisfied owner of Z-5500 for 3+ years and counting. :) A great price would be < $180 as a couple others mentioned. These speakers have been out for several years, so one would think Logitech has a new computer speaker system in the works, but I haven't heard of any.

I heard logitech used datons for the drivers, which are decent for DIY builds. Maybe thats why I dont mind the sound from teh m too much, although they are not the best for music.

great set of speakers...

I'm still blown away @ how great these speaker perform (I'm no audiophile obviously), and how much I was able to pay for them (129.99 shipped from ZZF last yr)

so keep your eyes out for the crazy deals

I heard logitech used datons for the drivers, which are decent for DIY builds.
Any idea where you heard that? I would be very surprised if they were. If you look closely at the logitech drivers they don't look like any dayton driver produced in the recent past. The same goes for the sub driver.

To me they look like run-of-the-mill made in china fullrange drivers, maybe a little better than standard multimedia drivers but you get the idea.

Dayton drivers are def good for DIY builds, especially for low/mid priced projects.

(sry for venturing further off-topic)

if they sold a barebones set (only sub and control box) i'd be more inclined to do that than the full set of speakers. Compared to a lot of other home theater setups you can get for not a lot more; the z-5500 speakers sound muddy by comparison. For the price, if you dont want to fiddle with anything, these speakers can't be beaten by any stretch. Just IMO, the capabilities of this setup are phenomenal if you pair with a different set of speakers. Very compact, very slick... 8 ohm impedance so you can use any speaker set you want except car audio.

I have been really tempted to buy these bad boys... but I have a 4.1 klipsch setup. Could anyone tell me if these would be better/worse than what I have now? (Besides the obvious "you'd now have a middle channel" lol)

Whompers, deal's dead. Total shows $290. :(

I've been waiting to buy a set of the 5500's for months... I'm contemplating biting the bullet and paying $250 after shipping at amazon...

Best speakers ever.

BASS is fantastic. Mind you this isn't equivalent to professional video, but is very high quality for home users.

Love this system- nothing but great things to say.

Back