Logitech Z-5300 vs Z-5300e and is there a lot of difference with the Z-680's?

RomanMtz

Gawd
What is the difference between the Logitech Z-5300 and the Z-5300e? Is one an updated model?

The 5300's go for around $140 shipped and I found the Z-680's for $220 shipped at amazon. I was wondering besides the fact that the Z-680 have a built in decoder, is there any difference in audio quality? Is the extra $80 worth it? I was hoping that someone that has experienced both of these sets could tell me if it is worth going to the more expensive one. I mostly game and watch movies on my comp (have an Audigy 2 ZS) so I don't REALLY need the built in decoder... someone LMK please!!!

Thanks!

The Z-680's are Logitech's discontinued flagship, and the Z-5300's are the newly introduced replacement for the Z-560's. As such you would expect the Z-680's to sound better, but I still wouldn't recommend them due the irritating hiss and sluggish volume pot.

I own the Z-5300e set of speakers coupled with an Audigy 2 ZS. The sound is amazingly clear. Great set. I can really make the house shake.

I think the difference between them is the color of the faceplate and different colored plastic. The Es are black and silver where as I think the non-E was shade of fugly grey. I think there might have been a few bugs in the first revision and the Z-5300e no longer have them. Maybe Logitech changed which parts they were using, hence the new revision...

I don't know. I'm talking out of my ass. I don't know why they did it, just they did it.

Cheers! :D

Thanks for the reply amd!

So I'm guessing that besides the built in decoder, there isn't much difference in audio quality between the 5300's and the 680's?

I don't really need the decoder and i'd be saving $80 bucks! I'm strongly considering getting the 5300's. Any other opinions would be greatly appreciated!

I have my z-680's hooked up to my xbox for home theatre, and my z5300's on my pc with a sb live audigy 2. I really like the z-680's and think they are quite a bit better than the z5300's. They just sound quite a bit better in my opinion. The sounds seems "fuller".

Thanks for the response Sparrow...

I'm considering the 5300's because they go for $140 shipped and there's a $50 rebate on them till the end of december... so that would be $90 (after 3 months of waiting for the check of course)... like I said before, It'd be nice but I don't REALLY need the decoder... but...

I mostly game and would ocationally watch a movie and listen to music on my comp... so do you think that the 680's are THAT much better to justify $120? I'm also considering that the 680's are going out the door because of the 5500's and what if I need to replace them later? Ahh... decisions, decisions... hehe.... any more useful comments?

Just keep an eye out for deals on the z-680's. Here in Canada, the z-680's can be found for 290$ CAD, whereas the z5300 are 200CAd.

The Z-680 are going to sound quite a bit better than the middle-class Z-5300's any way you slice it, but youare paying $100+ more. I opted for the Z-5300's and havent been one bit sorry since they provide breathtaking sound for the price.

I also didn't want to spring for the 680's since I've heard that the control pod tends to be really buggy.

Blue Falcon said:
The Z-680 are going to sound quite a bit better than the middle-class Z-5300's any way you slice it, but youare paying $100+ more. I opted for the Z-5300's and havent been one bit sorry since they provide breathtaking sound for the price.

I also didn't want to spring for the 680's since I've heard that the control pod tends to be really buggy.
What bugs are you talking about? I got mine right near me and I have absolutely no problem.

This thread was just what I needed..I can't wait to get my set of z-680's

im in the same spot, but i found the z-680's on amazon for 201 shipped :)

now all i have to do is convince my mom to let me buy it with money I MADE and WORKED for all summer... danm parents can be assholes :p

im in the same spot, but i found the z-680's on amazon for 201 shipped :)

now all i have to do is convince my mom to let me buy it with money I MADE and WORKED for all summer... danm parents can be assholes :p

OK, so now i'm considering a deal on some Klipsch 4.1 speakers. So everyone says that these are the best sounding speakers... but is there a big difference in listening experience when you're missing the center channel? Again, I want these mostly for gaming, music and the ocasional movie. My only concern is the lack of center channel and lack of warranty (discontinued model)... any opinions?

Thanks!

Finally went for the Logitech z-5300 at amazon for $140 - $50 rebate = $90 with free shipping... not bad at all.

Hope they are good!

I have the Logitech z-5300's connected to my compuer and they sound good for the money. The sub is powerfull and boomy which is great for games, ok for movies, and not so good for music. I just bought the z-5500's last week and have them hooked up to my tv, dvd player, xbox ect and they are amazing for the price. The sub is much tighter than the 5300's and they have plenty of power to spare. If you already have the 680's then the 5500's are not worth the extra cost, but if you'r buying a new set think about the 5500's since they are a new and improved 680. Watching dvd's on the 5500's is crazy that sub can make my neighbour's cry and the sat's are clear and can go very loud.

Back