Logitech Z-5300, Rear Left and Subwoofer make no sound

Ludic

2[H]4U
Weird issue, the remaining speakers make noise individually (configuring via Windows), but those two do not. I've tried re-seating the cables and rebooting the speaker system. Not sure what troubleshooting steps I could take? I've also had this speaker system for the better part of a decade, so maybe they're done for? I'm told the entire set would stop working if the fuse in the sub was blown.

Any ideas? Or if you were going to replace with something else, what optical solutions would you suggest? Doesn't have to be 5.1...

Swapping the orange/green/black around, the problem moves. Guess I have a bad cable then?

check the cable for any obvious breaks and or try wiggling it a bit at the connectors and see if the dead channels come back

it is also possible something is up with the control pod.

my old z560s stopped sending audio one time because my cat chewed threw the wires...lol.. I mended the break and was grateful my cat was unharmed. they worked for a few more years after than.

AFAIK Logitech won't doesn't sell parts for this kind of stuff...looked on ebay and there are a couple control pods for sale but they are ~$70 personally i wouldn't pay that much.

if you can't mend them a T-amp + bookshelf speakers or powered speakers would help you forget all about those Logitech probably.

or better yet vintage stereo here is my desk now... the (vintage gear on desk cost me under $200 total.... not counting stuff on the rack next to desk and the floor standing speakers)

I had the same problem with mine. Easy fix! Just get some cheap replacement aux cables, that's all you need! Just label the ends so you know which is which and you'll be good to go.

Back