Logitech X-540 5.1 Speaker System $37.79 After $15 MIR

conchimdada

Limp Gawd
Amazon has 5.1ch Logitech X-540 Speaker System for $52.79 - $15 mail-in rebate (ends 3/30) = $37.79 + shipping.

Features & Specs of Logitech X-540 Speakers:

* 2 Front Satellite, 2 Rear Satellite, 1 Center, 1 Subwoofer
* 70W (RMS) total power; Remote Control included

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
After all is said and done if the rebate works out, I would say that is well worth $37.79 for a setup.

These are great 5.1 speakers for what you pay. They sound great. I have them side by side to some Klipsh Promedias, and they produce just as accurate sound, only not as loud.

Is possible to just use this as like a 2.1 set? I wouldn't need the extra 2 speakers that go behind me...

Thanks for the link. I was going to pull the trigger but when the total came out to 74.77, a $15 rebate wasn't going to cut it after all.

I'll just wait for a good ol' newegg sale.

What do you guys think about the Logitech S220 2.1 Speakers? I'm looking for the best deal on 2.1 speakers, and Amazon has those for $25.

Is possible to just use this as like a 2.1 set? I wouldn't need the extra 2 speakers that go behind me...
I can answer that one tonight, when I'm home to take a look at the plugs. In the past, with other surround setups, I've been able to drop to a 2.1 setup, and set Windows accordingly.

What do you guys think about the Logitech S220 2.1 Speakers? I'm looking for the best deal on 2.1 speakers, and Amazon has those for $25.
i actually bought those a week or two ago. They are a good setup for $25. My Z-340 speakers certainly sound better and are louder, but i paid a lot more for them at the time.
If you aren't a huge audiophile, they should work out great for you.

Yes, you right-click on the Volume icon in the systray, choose Properties,
and select Desktop speaker mode from the drop-down menu et Voila! :)

As well, not sure bout the Z-540's, but my Z-5300's have a selector switch
on the back of the subwoofer by the I/O connectors that let's you choose ;)

I have this set, the older model where the volume control was part of the speaker. Still a great set, highly recommended for the price. Works well in 2.1 mode too.

good speakers for 5.1 gaming. I wouldn't recommend them if you want quality sound for music. I've had mine for a little over a year.

good speakers for 5.1 gaming. I wouldn't recommend them if you want quality sound for music. I've had mine for a little over a year.

Whaaaat?? These speakers work fine for music. They produce very accurate sound for the price you pay. They aren't as deep, loud, and boomy as high-end setups, but the rest of the sound is spot-on.

Whaaaat?? These speakers work fine for music. They produce very accurate sound for the price you pay. They aren't as deep, loud, and boomy as high-end setups, but the rest of the sound is spot-on.

Well I disagree. The clarity is is poor and the bass has no detail to it, they sound muddy. I like to hear the little details of my music, these speakers strip that. I feel sorry for anyone who uses these for music. For gaming they are great surround sound for the money.

They sounded great for music when I used them in the past. The muddiness isn't always caused by the speakers, you know? Using onboard sound will cause some of this as well, and so could the tuning of the audio applications, the speakers themselves, etc.

Back