logitech trackman wheel replacemnt

been using this for longer than i can remember and one of the switches are starting to fail. its time to replace it but since they stopped making them, the only places you can find them anymore are asking anywhere from $150-250....um...no.

anyone have any good suggestions for replacement that is not wireless?

looking for a thumb trackball with a scroll wheel. I have a couple of those & while they are not bad, not really what im looking for.

but thank you for the input.

i found the sanwa option after i posted here last night... I may go that route...

im not good at soldering... but at this point, i think id try to get good enough, thanks thats an option ill look into... it certainly beats the shimming job i have done.

by the way for those who might run across this- the failing left click usually inst the switch at first, its the plastic on the underside of the mouse button breaking down- shim it & you are good for a while, i just had to replace the shim & now the switch itself is starting to act up.

I too used the trackman for years and loved it however it failed and the one replacement I paid a ton for was crap.
So I broke down and got the new wireless trackball from logitech.
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-910-...1392362947&sr=1-1&keywords=logitech+trackball

Now it took me awhile to get used to it my finger are closer together and it felt ackward for awhile however after a few weeks I got used to it and can use it just fine now.
Battery life is good and I sit across the room in bed and never have any connection issues with it, its bluetooth.

So I wish they didnt change the trackman it was perfect but this is just about the only option out there that has any quality i think.

So just my two cents if you do happen to get the sanwa post your findings heres if not the new trackball is usable just takes a little time to get used to.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back