Logitech Setpoint with G5 gaming mouse - not detecting mouse

MooCow

[H]F Junkie
Wow. What a crock of shit Logitech is.

First of all, I wanted to register to the Logitech forums, and I can't recover my password since they can't find my email address in the database.
Yet, if I try to create an account, I can't because the email address is already in use. :rolleyes:

Anyways I had problems with my current version of setpoint. I can't remember which exact version it was, but it was the one before the new release of Setpoint 6.15 (7/20/2010).

I installed the latest version of Setpoint 6.15, and now after numerous attempts to load setpoint, it wouldn't open or create a tray icon for it.

I restarted many times, and now finally setpoint launches. BUT WAIT! Now it doesn't even have the page for my G5 mouse. You only get the tools page.

Now I have no idea where to configure my mouse button settings. What do I do? The logitech moderators created a new thread for the new Setpoint 6.15 release and members are already complaining that it has problems right away. WHEN will Logitech release some decent software? Man this blows. :mad:

Ok so I had to go to regedit in Windows 7 and delete all keys with Logitech, especially ones with install locations. Any mouseware versions would not install, they kept having install errors until I deleted all presence of Logitech in the registry.

Well I installed 4.8 and it actually displays the correct mouse plugged into USB and the one used to double click the try icon (sometimes if you have two mice plugged in, the mouseware will display the one you're holding).

So yeah, it all works out, thanks for reminding me how great 4.8 was :) As I had saved 4.8 for an emergency, well, it came in handy. Logitech's website doesn't really show you where to download old versions, but their new versions just don't cut it anymore.

It was really frustrating to deal with all of this though.

I just bought a Logitech M305, installed the 6.15 version and it didn't work twice. So luckily I had 4.80 from my G5 mouse still and it is working well with this new mouse. How can they put such garbage software on their website?

LOL, read the Logitech forums man, no disrespect to the developers, but there are complaints immediately following the release of the 6.15 software.

I was thinking about installing uber, which I have done before. But I think I can get by without them this time around.

4.8 is way better than the latest crap they have released, I can't stand it when a newer version takes you a step backwards.

Glad it all worked out. I got so pissed at logitech I have been using 4.8 for some time now. I don't even dare update drivers for my mouse anymore. 4.8 was the last working driver for me.

i don't use any drivers for my g5. i used them before, but i didn't find any benefit from them.

Back