Logitech Performance Wireless Mouse MX at Staples $49

Currently using a G400S.

Would this be considered an upgrade?

The Logitech G700S goes on sale for $50 from Amazon about once a quarter. Wait on that sale. Much more responsive then the Performance Wireless Mouse MX.

Yeah, probably. Not worth the $50 for you IMO though.

Thanks. I love my G400 and G500S right now. Picked em up for dirt cheap @ bestbuy when they were on sale and have never really gave me any issues.

I own the Logitech G700 and use it as my main mouse (non-S -- can't stand the stupid look of the 700S).

For gaming, the G700(S) is great, albeit a little heavy for some users. I came from an MX518 (still the best mouse ever, I just needed more buttons and ability to go wirelessly when needed :-/). If you're like me and miss the lightweight feeling of other mice, try using a higher DPI to compensate. My preference right now is 2900DPI with 1000ms poll rate. But keep in mind the battery life is annoyingly low (like 4-6 hours on a fully charged battery) when using wirelessly in "max gaming" performance mode.

Also, the stock cord that comes with it makes the mouse feel even more heavy because of how shitty it is, so many users recommend getting a braided cord as a replacement.

For a non-gamer, the Performance MX is better in many ways:

1) Can work on any surface, unlike G700(S)
2) Extremely long battery life! The most important and drastic difference between them both.
3) Same benefit of being able to use it wirelessly or wired
4) Cheaper when both aren't on sale

Last edited:
In their weekly flyer, this mouse is on sale Sunday & Monday only. (3/22 & 3/23)
Free Shipping if you order online. My two local stores show it in-stock, so it shouldn't be hard to find. Regular price online is around $65.

http://www.staples.com/Logitech-Performance-Wireless-Mouse-MX/product_807877

Wonder if this means they're about to replace it. The MX-1000 and MX-Revolution were both deeply discounted prior to being replaced.

The other question is will the replacement going to be worse than the MX? IMO, MX-1000>Mx-Revolution>than Performance MX (from a button pov, I never bought a performance MX).

Hmm tempted to get this(so less cables) but currently running a G9x. decisions decisions..

Bought this mouse strictly for work duty a couple years ago for $100. Was a great mouse until the left-click switch crapped out a year later. Just had the same thing happen on my old, but rarely used v750, and a similar issue (though not switch related) with my M555b, which they eventually agreed to replace with the Anywhere MX (gave me a very hard time about it). No gaming use on any of them, and all three had around a year of use.

Just don't think Logitech's building their peripherals like they used to (still have a cheap M-RAT95a with ~10 years of heavy use that's still working perfectly).

Tldr; I'd highly recommend against using any of their current non-gaming gear for even light gaming use.

Bought this mouse strictly for work duty a couple years ago for $100. Was a great mouse until the left-click switch crapped out a year later. Just had the same thing happen on my old, but rarely used v750, and a similar issue (though not switch related) with my M555b, which they eventually agreed to replace with the Anywhere MX (gave me a very hard time about it). No gaming use on any of them, and all three had around a year of use.

Just don't think Logitech's building their peripherals like they used to (still have a cheap M-RAT95a with ~10 years of heavy use that's still working perfectly).

Tldr; I'd highly recommend against using any of their current non-gaming gear for even light gaming use.

Those switches can be fixed by taking the housing off and adjusting the spring. It's a PITA, because they're very small -- I need a magnifying glass -- but it generally lasts a few years. My MX Revolution has been fine for 4 or 5 years.

That said, if you're handy with a soldering iron, you could just replace the entire switch (which is arguably easier...if you're good with a soldering iron).

^ Thanks! I'm not good with tiny springs, and even worse with an iron.. won't hurt anything to try I suppose.

Did see it mentioned but I wouldn't use these "professional" MX line of mice for gaming. They just don't have the sensors and polling rate needed and often feel sluggish or "jumpy" when mousing, especially if you have a high refresh monitor.

Good for office use at this price, but even then I still prefer to recycle my old gaming mice for work. Using one of my old G700s for work now. :)

If you don't mind the tether, Logitech's G502 is their best mouse out now, imo. Went back to a super accurate optical sensor instead of laser (you can read some of the really techy discussions on that) and the primary L/R clicks are much better than their previous G-series mice.

I had this mouse about 4 years ago. Great mouse, superb feel in my hands. Tracking was fine. Good battery life. But not enough buttons or adjustable DPI (on the fly) for my gaming needs. I have had many Logitech mice over the past 15 years. I recently went from a G700 to my current mouse, a G602.The G602 has become my favorite mouse of them all. Plenty of buttons for gaming, tracking is good, but not as crazy good as the G700, but in practice I don't miss the performance of the G700. Battery life is amazing! Set it on eco mode and you don't have to worry about the batteries for like 6 months. It also feels awesome in my hand and looks quite pleasing. A little on the heavy side, but I use a lubed RatPadz that makes it glide like silk.

Those switches can be fixed by taking the housing off and adjusting the spring. It's a PITA, because they're very small -- I need a magnifying glass -- but it generally lasts a few years. My MX Revolution has been fine for 4 or 5 years.

That said, if you're handy with a soldering iron, you could just replace the entire switch (which is arguably easier...if you're good with a soldering iron).

I've had to do that to my MX1000, a couple of G700's, and an MX Revolution.
I still have all of them too.
I usually fix them after Logitech sends me a replacement. I have only had to send back one mouse, a Performance MX, the rest they just told me to dispose of them myself.

I've got a lot more mice than computers to use them on.
HTPC has the Performance MX, G700 on my 3770k, and G602 on my 4790k.
the rest are just sitting around.

I actually got the Performance MX for $50 when they first came out direct from Logitech.
I called them up about the MX Revolution which I knew was years past the warranty, but just called to see what they would do and they couldn't replace it, but as a courtesy they gave me a 50% of coupon to buy a replacement mouse.
I chose a Performance MX.
I have been very happy with their customer support over the years so I only buy Logitech keyboards and mice.

This is IMO the best HTPC mouse I have found. It last a long while on batteries, several months it seems, all 3 family members running HTPCs have settled on this mouse, it is rechargeable and has decent tracking up till the battery starts dying, it also tracks on most surfaces and has done well on uneven couches, pillows, and even slick reflective surfaces. You can play games with it. It is not however a full performance gaming mouse and would serve no advantage at a desktop. It would also be valuable in some mobile / laptop scenarios.

The G700S is a better gaming mouse however none of mine ever last more than a day on a charge so they just are a little too much trouble to keep charged all the time at the HTPC which is primarily used by more forgetful members of the family.

I have been very happy with their customer support over the years so I only buy Logitech keyboards and mice.

Totally agree, I've held them to their warranty a few times when their products flaked out during warranty period and they've delivered replacements without hesitation, but typically I will buy a new model before the old one is worn out much like my wife buys shoes so I end up with lots of working extras. Must be part of their business strategy lol.

I've only ever requested warranty on one of my bad Logitech mice (just this past week). And honestly, it was like pulling teeth the entire time.

They didn't have another M555b to replace mine, or even the newer and cheaper M557 model. Basically, they wanted to credit me street price while being forced to buy a replacement at full MSRP from them. Took several back-and-forth emails with different reps over the course of a month to get them to send me a replacement of equal value at no additional cost (was actually of much lesser value, based on actual street price history.. received a mouse that sells for $30 to replace one that consistently sold for near $100 for several years). Every email response from them took at least an entire week each time.

In the end, they made it right and I'm happy.. but geez, what a total pain in the ass.

I've had to do that to my MX1000, a couple of G700's, and an MX Revolution.
I still have all of them too.
I usually fix them after Logitech sends me a replacement. I have only had to send back one mouse, a Performance MX, the rest they just told me to dispose of them myself.

Ditto. My MX1000 had a double click issue, and they sent me a revolution. I then fixed the 1000. The one thing I can't fix on the MX1000 is the page up/down buttons. It might be fixable, but I'm not sure how to strip the mouse down to get to the switch (and the switch sounds like it's fine, so I'm not sure it'd matter).

I do need to fix the switch again. Personally, I loved the MX1000 for gaming (though I never did a lot of FPS gaming..and what I liked was all the buttons and the near endless customizing via uberpoptions.

Wonder if this means they're about to replace it. The MX-1000 and MX-Revolution were both deeply discounted prior to being replaced.

Nice call.. just saw that they announced their new MX Master mouse at the same $99 pricepoint. Kinda neat that it can use either their Unifying receiver or bluetooth. Also like the thumb wheel, though I'm really not sure what it's for :D

LUaDYCv.jpg

http://www.techpowerup.com/210991/logitech-unveils-its-most-advanced-wireless-mouse.html

The other question is will the replacement going to be worse than the MX? IMO, MX-1000>Mx-Revolution>than Performance MX (from a button pov, I never bought a performance MX).

I have a MX-1000 on my desktop at home. Had it for at least 10 years. I love it. Whenever I see them pop up on the forums for a decent price, I buy it. I think I had to replace the battery in one, but otherwise, I don't see myself upgrading anytime.

I have a MX-1000 on my desktop at home. Had it for at least 10 years. I love it. Whenever I see them pop up on the forums for a decent price, I buy it. I think I had to replace the battery in one, but otherwise, I don't see myself upgrading anytime.

I replaced mine a few months ago. 10 years on one battery isn't bad. OTOH, my MX-Revolution battery died around the same time (or about 6 or 7 years after I got it)

Back