Logitech MX518 Mouse - $7.99 ($3.99 Shipping or Free if >$24 total)

It was posted on Slickdeals around 6 this morning, but yeah, great deal while it lasted.

Even better than the deal they had a couple years ago. I got two for like $25.

I saw this this morning and was going to bite before I realized that I have 2 518's still in box in my closet as back up's from the last time they had a similar deal like this... :)

That's insane. I love my Copperhead, but I definitely would have bought one of those just as a backup.

Ahh missed out on it this year too. I remember trying to get a PM from Bestbuy last time around and they made up every excuse not to give it to me. It was amusing seeing the cashier trying to explain that CC had a different MX518 since the resolution was bigger... (She meant DPI but they were the same exact model). And then the Manager came and said CC has them beat and they can't match that price and CC won - What is the point of their Price match guarantee then?

just like last time I checked out the local store, and its online only. It shows up in the system with the price, but there's not even a place for it on the shelf at the local store.

I got two last time. Still using one. Sold the other for $30 to a kid whose parents bought him my previous computer for christmas. Yeah, spoiled-ass kid. I list the computer on Craigslist, and his parents stop by my apartment one evening with their son about two weeks before christmas. They check out the computer. Next to it I have games and an MX518 on display for sale. The kid says he likes the computer. He asks how much for the mouse. I say $30. The dad says, "You want the mouse too I take it?"

The parents came by the next morning to pick it up because they had problems with an ATM the evening prior. I pack up the computer, give them everything that belongs to it, and top it off with the MX518. The computer was $800, so it's $830 total with the mouse, but the dad gives me $840 because he only had $20s. I told him I could give him change but he insisted not to worry about it.

Then on christmas day (yeah, they wrapped it and waiting two weeks to give it to their son) I get a call from the mom saying they can't hook up their monitor (VGA vs DVI). I call back and say they need an adapter. The next day she emails me saying they went ahead and bought their son a new monitor.

^^^
Wow...I was gonna say. He's not THAT spoiled yet...Until I read the end.

I would have loved to get in on this. To have a backup. My 4 year old mx518 is still truckin along.

Even without the monitor, this middle school kid's parents spent $840 on him for christmas. He isn't an only child either. They spent $1000 easily on him, and who knows. He might've gotten other presents as well.

His only concern was, "How well will this run COD4?"

Back