Logitech MX518 Gaming Mouse $34.99 Shipped

more like a warm deal to me, but still an awesome mouse. Has made it through many slams and still works like a charm.

G5 rev. 2 is much better for gaming. I've always owned Logitech mice, love em.

my mouse history (all logitech)
MouseMan Wheel
DualOptical
mx518
MX1000 (sux)
G5
now G5 rev2

G5 rev 2 is best mouse I've ever used, it has dual thumb buttons like the 518, unlike the first G5.

There's a rev.2 of the G5 with two thumb buttons? Sweet!

Still not a bad deal on the MX518. Got mine for $50 two years ago when they had just come out, I think.

G5 rev. 2 is much better for gaming.
I disagree. MX518 always felt more precise in shooters than the G5 for me. The Razer DeathAdder's my favorite gaming mouse, but it does fatigue my hand from time to time. I've got both right now. :D

Best mouse currently out, highly recommend it. Although I'll need to look into the G5 Rev2 that jblue42 speaks of.

you can walk into Target and pick it up for $40 like what i did for my second pc

if i wasnt too lazy to readjust all my game's sensitivities for the change of dpi, id replace my g5 with a mx518

There's a rev.2 of the G5 with two thumb buttons? Sweet!

Still not a bad deal on the MX518. Got mine for $50 two years ago when they had just come out, I think.
Yes same here. Best investment EVER and still have about a year or two on the warranty for the mouse.
The medallion on it is worn out from long gaming days, not sessions :p

Yes same here. Best investment EVER and still have about a year or two on the warranty for the mouse.
The medallion on it is worn out from long gaming days, not sessions :p
Teehee. I really like this mouse. I never use the DPI switching on it, though - I always have it at 1600 dpi with the polling rate at 250 MHz.

My medallion hasn't rubbed off yet, though.

Say, how do you guys clean this thing? It seems to me that when I do clean it, the gunk that builds up actually gets under and between the buttons.

Ideas?

Teehee. I really like this mouse. I never use the DPI switching on it, though - I always have it at 1600 dpi with the polling rate at 250 MHz.

My medallion hasn't rubbed off yet, though.

Say, how do you guys clean this thing? It seems to me that when I do clean it, the gunk that builds up actually gets under and between the buttons.

Ideas?

I took mine apart. I took off the nasty stickers though. My feet are even rubbing off even with a cloth mousepad!
But in between thorough cleanings I just wipe the rubber and such with a t-shirt.

a lot of reviews are saying it starts acting up after 3 monthes...?

just put my order in.

I've had mine since release and aside from the logo and feet wearing off, it still tracks like a champ. :D

how well does it perform without a mousepad, just plain wood surface?

how well does it perform without a mousepad, just plain wood surface?

Really it depends. It's worked fine for me on a real wood desk, but on a cheaper faux wood laminated desk it didn't do so well.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Spend maybe like 15-20 more and get the logitech G5 rev 2 It's got higher DPI, 2 thumb buttons, side scrolling, adjustable weight, etc.

Just ordered some Hyperglide MX1's for $8.50 shipped. I've used the Razer DeathAdder pads and they were quite a bit better than stock. Should be good times.

this mouse is more precise (or accurate?) at high speeds than the G5. Do a quick google, ESreality compares a variety of mice. The mx5XX series has the absolute best error tracking speed. This means during FPS games when you need to twitch and turn around a corner, the G5 will not track as well as this mice. This has been an issue with all laser mice, including diamondbacks, copperheads, etc.

this mouse is more precise (or accurate?) at high speeds than the G5. Do a quick google, ESreality compares a variety of mice. The mx5XX series has the absolute best error tracking speed. This means during FPS games when you need to twitch and turn around a corner, the G5 will not track as well as this mice. This has been an issue with all laser mice, including diamondbacks, copperheads, etc.

Well first of all that's not the G5 rev 2, but also I've had a chance to play with each mouse for months. I play with very low sensitivity so I do alot of quick jerks, and for me the new G5(REV 2!) is much more responsive/accurate than my old 518. Yes don't get me wrong I loved the 518, but G5(REV 2!) is much better in my opinion.

I got one at Target a while ago for $30 if I remember right. It's a very nice mouse.

got mine today, does anyone use the software that comes with it? higher sensitivity better for sniping?

Back