Logitech MX518 39.99 Shipped

For logitech rebates, I never have any problems. The mx revolution is really a good deal.

Logitech rebates are the only rebates I've ever gotten back. I have the MX518 and it's a great mouse. I was using the G7 for a while, but it got quirky.

how this compare with G5?

the mx518 is "supposed" to perform better in this one benchmark I read but as a skilled fps player, I cant feel a difference
the G5's middle mouse button is pretty useless for games but the tilt wheel is pretty decent which will give you an extra button to use but definitely doesnt justify its higher price

I only rebought a G5 v2 when my first broke because I got too used to it to change back to a mx518

MX518. Best. Mouse. Ever. :D

I agree :) I have 2... no 3!

but uhhh this isn't a hot deal by any means as others have noted. In fact I believe this is the same price I paid for this mouse almost 2 yrs ago, with no special sale, deals or rebate. :rolleyes:

Not everyone likes wireless, and a $30 rebate that may not ever come back, regardless cash out of pocket for months, is not able to be directly compared.

OP: Excellent price on a great mouse, it's the one I use personally :).

You might want to apply for a job at NASA or perhaps a cancer research center and put those skills to use. I haven't been able to tell the difference in years from a wired mouse to a cordless other than the fact that a wired has a "wire" connected to it.

You might want to apply for a job at NASA or perhaps a cancer research center and put those skills to use. I haven't been able to tell the difference in years from a wired mouse to a cordless other than the fact that a wired has a "wire" connected to it.
And you might perhaps apply for a job at McDonalds, as when you ask if people would like fries with their order, you might start to understand personal preference.

If wireless peripherals was purely superior, their wired counterparts would be obsolete by now.

Logitech rebates are the only rebates I've ever gotten back. I have the MX518 and it's a great mouse. I was using the G7 for a while, but it got quirky.

What do u mean by quirky, I have a G7 right now. Have had it for about a year, and it acts up sometimes in games like COD4, it complely loses signal and i have to unplug and plug back in the wireless reciever to reset it in game.

VERY annoying in mulitplayer... I went and got the new gaming mouse (wired) that replaced it but its to small for my hands and my wrist starts hurting in 10-15min so i had to return it :(

And you might perhaps apply for a job at McDonalds, as when you ask if people would like fries with their order, you might start to understand personal preference.

If wireless peripherals was purely superior, their wired counterparts would be obsolete by now.

I think the preference to fries is 96%+ according to internet statistics among all other side orders, despite the current push for healthier alternatives. Fries, obviously being the wireless mouse.

Damn you, now I want some McDonalds fries! lol

I think the preference to fries is 96%+ according to internet statistics among all other side orders, despite the current push for healthier alternatives. Fries, obviously being the wireless mouse.

ok ok, terrible example... maybe i should have said Apple Pie. Damn i want some fast food too

What do u mean by quirky, I have a G7 right now. Have had it for about a year, and it acts up sometimes in games like COD4, it complely loses signal and i have to unplug and plug back in the wireless reciever to reset it in game.

VERY annoying in mulitplayer... I went and got the new gaming mouse (wired) that replaced it but its to small for my hands and my wrist starts hurting in 10-15min so i had to return it :(

i agree. the G7 series has some serious issues. I exchanged that mouse 3 times.

finally went with the MX revolution. all problems were pretty much resolved. :eek:

or you can go with the MX518 which was just wonderful :)

I currently have the mx518 and I still love it after owning the same one since it was released. The Logitech sticker has worn off.
The G7 is very quirky. I've found if there is a wireless phone within 5 feet of the receiver that the mouse cuts out. It's also very inaccurate. I feel like I have to will it to move an extra millimeter as opposed to the mx518's almost flawless tracking. Dell sent me a $100 gift certificate and I spent it on the G7 hoping the previous issues were resolved for rev 2. I was wrong... Calling Logitech this weekend as my G15 keyboard keys are somehow busted. We'll see if their warranties are as good as the warranties on their speakers.

I currently have the mx518 and I still love it after owning the same one since it was released. The Logitech sticker has worn off.
The G7 is very quirky. I've found if there is a wireless phone within 5 feet of the receiver that the mouse cuts out. It's also very inaccurate. I feel like I have to will it to move an extra millimeter as opposed to the mx518's almost flawless tracking. Dell sent me a $100 gift certificate and I spent it on the G7 hoping the previous issues were resolved for rev 2. I was wrong... Calling Logitech this weekend as my G15 keyboard keys are somehow busted. We'll see if their warranties are as good as the warranties on their speakers.

Hmm thanks for the info, i always put my cell phone on my comp desk which makes it really close the the mouses receiver. I might consider getting the revolution MX when i see it on sale next.

I don't want to add to this but I couldn't help it.

From my standpoint. Fries being the long established side to fast food meals (aka wired mice), the wireless would be the new comers and the less opted.

OR

You could reverse that thinking with the attempt at adding new sides to replace fries. I know Wendy's has a few. So you could say that Wired mice are the new additional sides (more people going in that direction) and Wireless is the fries ( less requests as time goes on.)

I'm pretty every "gamer" uses a wired mouse. But it all boils down to preference.

I for one. Still don't trust wireless mice in games, especially online fps.

Wireless mice have a good amount of input lag, even the best of them, and they all need batteries, which even with rechargeables is annoying to bother with when there's no need to with a superior product. Plus, they're typically less accurate, and can be interfered with by cell phones/etc. on your desk. I don't know why you're trying to insult me as a tin-foil-hat nutjob for some reason, but whatever floats your boat bud. You may want to be a little more knowledgeable about something before trying to chastise someone.

Wireless mice have a good amount of input lag, even the best of them, and they all need batteries, which even with rechargeables is annoying to bother with when there's no need to with a superior product. Plus, they're typically less accurate, and can be interfered with by cell phones/etc. on your desk. I don't know why you're trying to insult me as a tin-foil-hat nutjob for some reason, but whatever floats your boat bud. You may want to be a little more knowledgeable about something before trying to chastise someone.

Whatever makes you feel better is fine by me, but I still have not experienced any difference between wired and wireless in years. Perhaps you purchased a lower-end mouse that actually had lag, who knows. Interference from cell phones??? lol at best.

It's just my opinion, obviously please purchase what is best for you.

Whatever makes you feel better is fine by me, but I still have not experienced any difference between wired and wireless in years. Perhaps you purchased a lower-end mouse that actually had lag, who knows. Interference from cell phones??? lol at best.

It's not an opinion, it's an actual fact tested by reviewers and verified. Again, please go read up on this stuff before trying to parlay your, uneducated at best, musings as facts.

It's not an opinion, it's an actual fact tested by reviewers and verified. Again, please go read up on this stuff before trying to parlay your, uneducated at best, musings as facts.

I hope you were drinking when you wrote that because I clearly stated it was my opinion, thus you accusing me of attempting to post uneducated facts is also clearly unfounded.

a good alternative (one which I prefer) is the Razer DeathAdder.

Excellent mouse.

Actually most cell phones and wireless phones will not only mess with wireless mice, but also with speakers. Whether or not you notice it is under debate. Remember the old analog cell phones and computer speakers!? "BZZZZZ>>>>CLICK CLICK< TAP TAP... BRRRRRRRR" Annoying! Regardless if a phone or cell phone uses the same wireless frequency or hertz setting, it can and will interfere with wireless devices. It even says so in the owner's manual for those products... lol at best though. ;)

No, that honor belongs to the MX510. The 518 lacks Mac driver compatibility and only comes in that ugly gray color. 510 forever. :D

I had a mx510 that I got with the first machine I put together. Back in 2002-2003 I think. My girlfriend inherited it a few years back and it's still going strong aside from the missing feet and slightly worn bottom. I wanted to upgrade her to a MX518 or a G5 but she is difficult.

For those of you that placed an order, either for the 518 or revolution, check to make sure you received an unopened item. Today I received my MX revolution from buy.com and the seal required to open the box came broken, leading me to believe that I was sent a potentially used item. I'm gonna call them tomorrow.

Back