Logitech MX518 $36.99 - $15MIR = $21.99 Free Ship

Love this mouse, but for those with dog ears many come with a feint whine.

Love this mouse, but for those with dog ears many come with a feint whine.

Wow interesting, I could never hear it, but I can confirm if you flip it over and stick the laser up to your ear there is a tiny whine. But, I've never heard it during normal use.

Yeah, I've had the same one for like years, some fading on some parts, but the 'clicks' are still like new. Odd about the whine; I only have issue/sounds from the mouse movement when I use the front panel audio ports+onboard sound.

I've moved on from this mouse, but I do have to say it sets the standard for "gaming mice" or it is the measure. I prefer straight or bend back mouse buttons now, the curved down ones just don'r respond as well to my hand, about my only complaint about this mouse and its an evolved taste (G9, Sidewinder).

This is the quintessential mouse of the ages. Mine has developed a problem where the sensitivity shifts from my set DPI to a very low DPI which feels like 400 or so, and this has happened in the last three months. Constant use since mid 2006, not bad eh :). I highly recommend this mouse.

Wow interesting, I could never hear it, but I can confirm if you flip it over and stick the laser up to your ear there is a tiny whine. But, I've never heard it during normal use.

No kidding, some people can hear that without sticking it next to their ear? Mutants.

I had mine for just over 5 years now. Love this mouse, simple yet effective. Big handed people might not like it.

Amazon is having pretty much the same deal, that's where I just ordered mine. My current mx518 has gone through 4 sets of mouse feet, worn down to the plastic in the rubber like areas, and the scroll wheel acts.. "funny"

This is the quintessential mouse of the ages. Mine has developed a problem where the sensitivity shifts from my set DPI to a very low DPI which feels like 400 or so, and this has happened in the last three months. Constant use since mid 2006, not bad eh :). I highly recommend this mouse.

Indeed. Those who start their gaming career with this and move on recognize this as the de facto standard for all mice that follow. I would bet that most of most of us have one or two lying around just in case (me included).

Back