Logitech MX1100 v Revolution

elleana

2[H]4U
Anyone have experiences with both mice? Looking to replace an ageing Logitech G7 which now has the double click problem and I've narrowed my choices down to these two. The Revolution has a solid rep, but the MX1100 is supposed to be an update of the classic MX1000 (which I had before my G7) so I'm kinda in a bind right now. Newegg has a deal on the MX1100 right now which makes it about $10 cheaper than the Revolution, but since my mice tend to last me years its not really a big deal.

Edit - Like everyone else, I use my mice for general purposes, some light photoshop, RTS/WoW mainly. No FPSes so I don't need leet gaming mice.

I've used a G7 then G5 then Revolution then G7 then back to G5. G7 was pretty solid and didn't notice lag from wireless but I crapped it and went to the G5. Felt like the same stuff, but then going to a Revolution from the G5 was terribad. There was a tiny lag, but lag for a mouse is just plain bad. The feel was a bit weird too (then again this applies for every new mouse) and I didn't like thumb scroller. *Shrugs*. Going back to a new G7 also displayed lag so back again to the G5 it was. Guess I just got a fantastic G7 back then : \ Also was not a fan at all with the Revolution's charger as it required external AC power. O, and the indicator light of the Revolution was weirdish. From what I remember it wouldn't display battery life when I wanted it to, whereas the G7 [I think] has the battery life shown when the mouse senses idle/no movement.

No charge base. :(

Apparently it lasts for months and months on end with 2 x AA, so shouldn't be a problem. I keep a bunch of spare rechargeables for my Wiimotes anyhow.

I've used a G7 then G5 then Revolution then G7 then back to G5. G7 was pretty solid and didn't notice lag from wireless but I crapped it and went to the G5. Felt like the same stuff, but then going to a Revolution from the G5 was terribad. There was a tiny lag, but lag for a mouse is just plain bad. The feel was a bit weird too (then again this applies for every new mouse) and I didn't like thumb scroller. *Shrugs*. Going back to a new G7 also displayed lag so back again to the G5 it was. Guess I just got a fantastic G7 back then : \ Also was not a fan at all with the Revolution's charger as it required external AC power. O, and the indicator light of the Revolution was weirdish. From what I remember it wouldn't display battery life when I wanted it to, whereas the G7 [I think] has the battery life shown when the mouse senses idle/no movement.

Thanks for that. Am slightly leaning toward the MX1100 now. Or maybe I should try my luck with logitech RMA one more time for a new G7. I tried asking if they could replace it with another mouse but they said no can do...

<3 G7 for the 2 batteries and USB charging. Gave it to someone after spilling juice on it and is still fine, aside from the uber stickied clicking :D

I've been using the G7 for about a year now and am very pleased. Do not notice any lag and love the swappable batteries...quite convenient.

I'm having some sort of stuttering issue with my G7, and ended up buying a Lachesis.. No idea what the problem was, but it has been prevalent for about 5 months now, and it's starting to get out of hand (it's like a huge FPS drop, but it's the mouse, not the computer)

I loved the MX Revolution while I had it. It's extremely comfortable and the scroll wheel is very nice, probably the best I've ever used (once you lock it via SetPoint / Uberoptions so it doesn't start free-wheeling on you at inconvenient times) with good weight and click feel without being 'sticky' or hard to move. Loved how it looked, too.

Unfortunately the transceiver is kind of weak. If you keyboard has USB ports on it, or the front ports on your case are nearer to the mouse than the rear, I'd suggest you plug it in there, as that seems to alleviate the 'wake up' lag when it comes out of standby.

Parents have a MX1000 and I simply don't like the thing, though I realize I'm in the minority here. Don't find it very comfortable and it eats a new set of AAs every couple weeks, whereas the Revolution would run for a week+ without charging it, and I didn't see any reduction in charge capacity over the course of 6-8 months of heavy use.

I loved the MX Revolution while I had it. It's extremely comfortable and the scroll wheel is very nice, probably the best I've ever used (once you lock it via SetPoint / Uberoptions so it doesn't start free-wheeling on you at inconvenient times) with good weight and click feel without being 'sticky' or hard to move. Loved how it looked, too.

Unfortunately the transceiver is kind of weak. If you keyboard has USB ports on it, or the front ports on your case are nearer to the mouse than the rear, I'd suggest you plug it in there, as that seems to alleviate the 'wake up' lag when it comes out of standby.

Parents have a MX1000 and I simply don't like the thing, though I realize I'm in the minority here. Don't find it very comfortable and it eats a new set of AAs every couple weeks, whereas the Revolution would run for a week+ without charging it, and I didn't see any reduction in charge capacity over the course of 6-8 months of heavy use.

The MX1000 was rechargeable the MX1100is the AA, I'm still running my old MX1000 and I Love it.

I own both a Revolution MX and VX. Battery life for the VX is great for a 1x AA mouse and I'm currently on my 3rd battery for the 1+ years I had it. I like the MX for all of it's features(thumb wheel) but I live in Florida USA where it is humid so I have to clean the charging contacts or I get charging error. The VX has less features but really not bad and seems to be smaller version of MX1100.

You should be happy with either the RevMX or MX1100.

No charge base. :(

The 2 AA batteries it uses last months on end, why would you need a charge base... I actually prefer approach that if the battery lasts so long. Even with the indicator lights I often forget to charge my MX1000 and later find it in the red when I need to be using it, or I place it in the charging base but the flipping thing shifts by two millimeters and it ends up not charging (seriously, how hard is it to design a properly fitting charging base? only thing I've detested about my MX1000, besides the wear and tear it's taken on the rubber sides).

I'm actually in the market for an MX1100 as well, though I'm more interested in the comparison between it and a G5/G7... I find my MX1000 to be a lil' short, I like the shape, I like how wide it is, I don't really care much about the weigh, but I find it somewhat short... Whenever I've held the G5 or G7 at the store I've found that it seems more comfortable for a long session. I'm wondering if the MX1100 is actually a lil' larger/longer than the MX1000 in that regard...

Getting accurate measurements for either online seems pretty hard tho, dunno why, anyone able to help me out here?

Oh and I'd just get a G7 instead if it either had a 2nd side button or longer battery life, the two combined are kind of a deal breaker though (I'm so used to the side rocker switch on my MX1000, it'd feel like a step back losing a button and going to a mouse with lower battery life even if it has a spare w/a charging base).

Also, although I like the overall width of my MX1000, I find that I have very little room for my ring finger on it, I dunno why... On the G5/G7 there's ample room on the right edge or right mouse button area when I've held it. Basically I've grown a lil' irked by my MX1000, it feels kinda small, I'm wondering if the MX1100 is any larger or if it's larger/smaller than the G series.

I consider buying mx1100 and have a question if it is possible to assign commands to mouse buttons in different ways for different applications and the mouse or its driver will change profile/assignments according to the currently active application? Or will I have to change profile by myself? (It would be very usefule if the driver could change profile/button-assignments automatically, basing on the foreground app).

Back