Logitech mouse 12,000 DPI improves on old features

Picked this mouse up from Best Buy over the weekend, it's an excellent mouse so far it has a nice smaller grip and it feels solid ( I do not like the big size ones ). Overall i am very impressed with the quality, response is tight and it has a very nice feel. I am coming from a Roccat Kone XTD mouse.

I got G502 last week as a replacement for my broken G500 (random double left clicks).
The mouse is nice, I like the 5 presets with fully adjustable DPI settings, but the buttons to switch between them are kinda awkwardly placed and are huge, compared to G500.
Also 12k DPI must be a joke. I'm not sure how it is even usable for anything.

I'm wondering if this is Logitech's answer to the discontinuation of g9x. I'm in the same boat as so many others as my g9x is randomly cutting out.

I know this is meant for claw-grip type users as well, but I've tried so many others meant for my type of grip and none can match a shell-less g9x. Especially after long gaming sessions.

For those that have tried this mouse, how light would you say the lightest weight setting is? I prefer a very lightweight mouse.

I'm very curious about the weight also.

Ideally I'm looking for a mouse the size of a G700 with the weight of a Naga.

I'm wondering if this is Logitech's answer to the discontinuation of g9x. I'm in the same boat as so many others as my g9x is randomly cutting out.

I know this is meant for claw-grip type users as well, but I've tried so many others meant for my type of grip and none can match a shell-less g9x. Especially after long gaming sessions.

For those that have tried this mouse, how light would you say the lightest weight setting is? I prefer a very lightweight mouse.

If your cord is bad, you can replace it with one off ebay. They also sell new shells, teflon feet, cables, etc for the g9x. Although it will be from china, better than having to switch to an entirely new mouse if you dont want to.

I don't like that Logitech went the 'Jack of all trades, master of none' route with this mouse. Hopefully, they will integrate the sensor into a lighter, less busy form factor.

looks ugly but I have only heard positive things about comfort and usability I'm going to get one over my other top pic the NAOS 7000.

Picked one up, as a user of the G9 for over 6 years I have to say it's a pretty moderate upgrade. It handles great and the calibrate feature is wonderful. It still doesn't have that G9 compact feel to it but it'll hold me over for now until a true G9 successor is released.

I got two successive G500s that the right tilt did not work properly after having a G500 that functioned beautifully for almost 4 years of heavy gaming. Can't find this anywhere in Canada yet, but as soon as I do I'm giving it a shot, if it has any problems I think I'll have to switch to another company.

Used my food scale to check. G502 is 125g unloaded, fully loaded is 140g with 3.6g increments.
My old G500 is 115g, my old MX518 s 105g

Thanks for the numbers! Looks Like I'll need to try it, really borderline...

Mionix NAOS 7000. It's not wireless but it's amazing.

Very interesting... missing 2 buttons beside left button which I use a lot now, still, worth trying if the feel is that good.

I am unhappy to report that the G502 seems to have one major issue. For those who lift and slam their mouse which is mostly anyone playing an FPS on low sensitivity, the mouse will right click. This is a glaring issue and needs to be fixed. I will most likely be returning my mouse tomorrow.

I am unhappy to report that the G502 seems to have one major issue. For those who lift and slam their mouse which is mostly anyone playing an FPS on low sensitivity, the mouse will right click. This is a glaring issue and needs to be fixed. I will most likely be returning my mouse tomorrow.
I'd say for many the actual weight of the mouse is more hindering in that regard, before any potential click issue. Hope it gets sorted out for you though.

I'd say for many the actual weight of the mouse is more hindering in that regard, before any potential click issue. Hope it gets sorted out for you though.

The click issue seems to be a design fault. My cousin picked up the same mouse and he plays CS:GO competitively he. He says the mouse is completely useless to him because he is unable to quickly lift and touch down without his mouse right clicking.

The click issue seems to be a design fault. My cousin picked up the same mouse and he plays CS:GO competitively he. He says the mouse is completely useless to him because he is unable to quickly lift and touch down without his mouse right clicking.
That weird; I did not see anybody bring this up on OCN. That is disappointing if it is indeed a flaw.

That sure doesn't happen to me.
The mouse does *NOT* right click if you make normal movements like any low sensitivity player does. And I just tested slamming the mouse down with force you should not be using---it does not right click.

And if you are SLAMMING the mouse down that hard, you are going to break something.
if his button presses automatically, maybe he raged too much and broke it, or he needs to RMA.

I am by no means slamming it hard enough to break but in the heat of the moment a little more force than neccessary is sometimes used. I will record a video of this when I leave work today. Dropping the mouse from a height of no more than 3" will cause this issue. He's the one who actually told me about it, I didn't believe him at the time, maybe he was slamming it too hard so I decided to try it myself. It does indeed happen with little force and I for one take care of my equipment. My G9x does not suffer this problem in the slightest. The right click is just way too sensitive to quick lift movements. In his years of playing CS:GO/CS:S competitively he never had a broken mouse. This is the first time I have heard him blame his equipment for anything and he was right. The mouse design definitely is at fault. Try tapping the forward portion of the mouse against your surface. It's more of a natural movement and I was able to execute it on the my first attempt.

Last edited:
So is this mouse supposed to be more accurate than the g500 laser mouse?
The G500's sensor is not accurate to begin with. Regardless of any flaws one would consider this mouse to have, in terms of tracking the sensor appears to be one of the best on the market right now with the A3090 and PMW3310H.

Here is a video I recorded.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upcECmnImUA&feature=youtu.be

Yeah it sounds like I am slamming it but that's because the microphone is right next to the mouse, notice how later in the video just a simple drop from less than 1" causes it to happen. Hell I even got the MWheel to trigger sometimes.

This actually has me worried about buying this mouse. I tend to use a very low sensitivity on my mice and so i'm picking my mouse up very often. I can see myself desperately trying to escape a gank in mid lane and this mouse right clicking me backwards to my death. oh god i can feel the fury that it would bring.

I've never had that happen on this mouse, nothing to worry about there at all.
It's the vibration of the lever going up and then activating the switch that causes that to happen (same thing happens on the RAT mice), and it shouldn't happen unless you lift the mouse an inch or higher off the pad, which with a 1.2mm LOD, you shouldn't do anyway. Never had this happen in League, COD or CSGO, unless I make it happen intentionally, so nothing to worry about.

This was never an issue for anyone until the forum post. Accidentally right clicking the too easy to click deathadder buttons was a bigger issue.

You're saying it's not an issue but I have confirmed with 2 competitive CS:GO players that it is a huge issue. You barely have to tap the button of the mouse for it to happen. The fact that it does happen is a huge manufacturing or QC issue.

Not having that inadvertent clicking issue with mine when lifting and dropping.

I have to say I find this mouse too small though, and I do not have big hands(I'm 5'8" and I'd say my hands are average for my height). It's smaller than the G500 which worked great for me, but I did find it slightly small. On the G502 I'm finding the lower thumb button is right where I want to rest my thumb and have to curl it back rather than resting it naturally. I've adjusted my grip, but I'm not completely comfortable anymore.

Otherwise I'm enjoying this mouse, I'm having a little bit of difficulty getting used to the feel and position of the sensor after using my G500 for years, but the sensor does seem very good (I have mine set at 2400dpi, and do not use the shift at all), the buttons are very responsive and have a great feel to them, as does the wheel, tilting of the wheel works great which is VERY important to me for FPS games.

The weight placement is kinda cool, I do notice a little difference in the feel of the mouse when I move it around, but that could be just a placebo. I like a little weight in the mouse, so I have 2 of the weights placed in the back two slots a I typically pick the front of the mouse up when lifting.

All in all, I think this is a great mouse, but I really wish they would release a larger version of it for those of us that palm the mouse and have average or larger hands; it's too damn small.

I'd buy a larger version of this mouse without a moments thought. As it stands I'm debating going back to the G500 if I can't adjust my grip to the smaller size and thumb button placement.

Hope this helps any one looking to buy.

I bought this mouse from bestbuy last week, and am not having the pick up-drop-click issue, either. I've tried dropping it far harder and further than I ever would while playing, nothing. The mouse itself is pretty nice, it feels very different than my g500S, I think it could take me a couple of weeks to fully adjust to it. Might be the weight (it's kinda heavy), or the fluidness of movement, or a combination that I'm not used to. I'm liking it though. Had no issues programming all the buttons then uninstalling the LG mouse software with the buttons still programmed. (this was iffy at best with my g500S.) Feeling/use of the mouse reminds me of the older razer imperator, but far more accurate, I couldn't hit a wall with that razer mouse. It seems like a very solid, well made mouse, all in all and I've had zero issues.

I'm interested to see reports of a "smoothing" or anti-ripple algorithm, since no one has reported any from my reading into the G502...
Razer reportedly addressed its DeathAdder 2013's "smoothing" via an update of Synapse.

where did some of buy this mouse at? Was it at best buy? Did they have it on open display? i wouldn't mind trying or buying a new mouse, but only if it's got a comfortable grip for a claw style user. I'm also looking for such a described mouse but one that has more than two left-side buttons.

I bought mine directly from Logitech, no stores had it locally on release day. It sounds like it should be quite good for claw grips, though like I mentioned earlier I find it too small for average sized hands using a palm grip.

My local best buy (southern Louisiana) has had it on open display for a few weeks now.

I bought mine on Newegg. I have had nothing but good experiences with it so far. I use the fingertip grip and it works perfectly for me. I am able to set my thumb directly behind the dpi shift button for quick access, which I use quite often for accuracy. I like my mouses heavy, and since I am working with the fingertip grip, I have access to the dpi changer to increase/decrease sensitivity. I don't pick up my mouse too often, I can count on 1 hand how many times I've picked up my mouse. Everyone has their styles, and what works for them. My only advice is to adapt to the mouse instead of having the mouse adapt to you. Comfort comes with consistency. Play enough with this mouse, and you will adapt to it.

Here is a video I recorded.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upcECmnImUA&feature=youtu.be

Yeah it sounds like I am slamming it but that's because the microphone is right next to the mouse, notice how later in the video just a simple drop from less than 1" causes it to happen. Hell I even got the MWheel to trigger sometimes.

heh, last time I saw something like this was at least 10 years ago with a cheap, cheap mouse. at one point you're dropping in from like 1cm it happens AGAIN. wtf. how could they miss something an issue this obvious

Is 12k dpi even relevant for anything?

Not really, but if games increased their sensitivity precision it could sort of be relevant.

In Source Engine games 1200 DPI @ 1 sensitivity is about 7 inches of mouse movement for a 360 degree turn. (0.02199 degrees per dot)

In Smite, Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, and some other UE3 games 7200 DPI @ 1 sensitivity is about 7 inches for a 360. (0.007327 degrees per dot)

So if you wanted 3 inches for a full 360 you could take advantage of 12000 DPI in those games. Or if other games in the future increased their sensitivity precision you could use higher DPI and take advantage of it.

We are probably beyond the precision anyone can reliably tell the difference from already anyways. But we might as well take it if we can get it.

In short and to the best of my knowledge:

While such numbers do not really bear any use at the moment, a high max CPI is not a bad thing in itself — generally speaking, the bad reputation comes from the fact that to achieve such numbers, modifications are made to the sensor that are detrimental to its overall tracking capabilities.

The G502 seems to be somewhat of an exception; it is the only mouse to have such a high max CPI without much if not any repercussions on the tracking qualities of its sensor. The guys over at OCN agree that, while the G502 does have its problems, it has the best sensor on the market at the moment, outclassing even the Avago 3090 and the Pixart 3310.

A question for owners: How easy is it to click the left and right mouse buttons? I've got a G500 which has held up for a few years now and is still going strong. The only major problem I have with the 500 is how stiff the left and right mouse buttons are. Thinking of upgrading to the 502 for the separate mouse buttons and the vastly improved sensor. But if the buttons are as stiff to click as the 500's, I don't think it'll be worth it.

4k monitors, maybe? I use 4800dpi on my 1080p monitor. I'd say I move my mouse about an inch to get the cursor from one side of the monitor to the other. I could possibly see 12kdpi being relevent for a real speedfreak using a 4k monitor.

Back