Logitech M570 speed

ArteyFlow

n00b
Hello all -

I've been using a Logitech M570 for 2 years now. I just bought a new one a few weeks ago, and I quickly noticed something. The new m570's mouse speed is substantially slower than my old one (I have my gaming sensitivity set to 5.6 on my old one, while its 6.8 on the new one, for the same speed). I thought that I received a faulty mouse or something, so I bought another one. Well, the newest one's speed is faster than the original mouse. Not sure why this is, wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problem?

Edit: Also, I have "Enhance Pointer Precision" disabled, and Windows mouse speed set to 6/11. I also have applied Mark C's mouse fix.

Last edited:
If you have mouse acceleration, or windows "enhance pointer precision" which is on by default it's going to be different depending on how fast you move the ball.

If you have mouse acceleration, or windows "enhance pointer precision" which is on by default it's going to be different depending on how fast you move the ball.

I forgot to mention in my original post that I have mouse acceleration turned off (enhance pointer precision is disabled). I also have applied Mark C's mouse fix, to completely eliminate any and all mouse acceleration. Windows pointer speed is also 6/11.

That's pretty weird. If the sensor got dirty it could make it slower, but you would think a new one would be clean and be faster if anything.
It could be game has some sort of acceleration in it. Is it the same speed when you're on desktop?

That's pretty weird. If the sensor got dirty it could make it slower, but you would think a new one would be clean and be faster if anything.
It could be game has some sort of acceleration in it. Is it the same speed when you're on desktop?

It's super weird, I agree. Also, I was doing my tests on a website called "3D Aim Trainer", which doesn't have mouse acceleration. The speed is different when on the desktop, too. Could this be a quality control problem or something,you think?

Back