Logitech/Klipsch Subwoofer to Receiver?

MadGeek451

Limp Gawd
Howdy

I've got a set of Logitech's Z560s... love the speakers, but I really want a 5.1 system. So I'd like to get a receiver and use the existing speakers, but I can't connect the subwoofer because of its input. Is there any way to connect the subwoofer to a receiver? Sorry if this sounds ambiguous, I really can't think of a way to explain it well.

Thanks
-Chris

What input does it have that prevents you from hooking it up to a receiver? Does the subwoofer have an amplifier built in or not? That's really all you need to know to be able to hook it up to a receiver.

The z560s have the a plate amp on the sub. I tried running those satellites off a receiver and they sounded terrible. The only way I can see to get a center channel and keep the other speakers sounding the same is to y-cable out of the sound card to the receiver and to the sub's amp then have just the center channel run off the receiver with the whole z560 set remaining the same.

jpmkm said:
What input does it have that prevents you from hooking it up to a receiver? Does the subwoofer have an amplifier built in or not? That's really all you need to know to be able to hook it up to a receiver.

Well, it's more of a question of how the hookup would work - it's not a coax or even RCA. The little control box plugs into the pc, then runs to the sub, with a fairly unique connector, I believe. The sub has an amp and also outputs to the four satellites. I'd provide pictures, but it's at school, and I am at home, 1200 miles away.

As for the satellites sounding like trash, it's hard for me to believe that, any ideas why?

Thanks
-Chris

Newbify2 said:
The only way I can see to get a center channel and keep the other speakers sounding the same is to y-cable out of the sound card to the receiver and to the sub's amp then have just the center channel run off the receiver with the whole z560 set remaining the same.

Also, another big reason I want the receiver is because I'm running several computers, a TV, and maybe an XBox in my room, and I want to run them all through the same speakers. I've thought about just doing it all through a computer, maybe with a beefier sound card, but I really think that it just makes things messier, and doesn't help me further down the road. Longevity is a big deal - I don't want to have to spend more money in a few years when money will be even tighter.

Thanks
-Chris

Back