Logitech Is in Talks to Acquire Plantronics

cageymaru

Fully [H]
According to sources close to the deal, Logitech is in talks to purchase Plantronics as a way to diversify its business. Plantronics is a U.S. manufacturer of headsets, Bluetooth earpieces, conferencing systems, software, and more. Plantronics recently acquired Polycom for $2 billion. Logitech has allegedly offered more than $2.2 billion for Plantronics according to Reuters.

Logitech's and Plantronics' businesses have been under pressure as a result of new offerings being developed, not just from network gear makers such as Cisco Systems Inc, but also from major technology companies such as Microsoft Inc and Google owner Alphabet Inc. Founded in 1981, Logitech has been countering declining sales of personal computers by focusing on consumer accessories that are benefiting from the growth of cloud computing, such as gaming, music, smart home connectivity and video

Man, from a consumer stand point back about 12-15 years ago, Plantronics was the shiznit! Now? I don't recall the last item I bought of theirs.

I think their first model of the Voyager headset was my last piece of Plantronics purchased hardware. That was awesome back in the day.

NO! NO NO NO! Nonononono! Augh, sonofabitch, I HATE Logitech headphones. I have a huge head, and when I buy Logitech headphones (no matter what price bracket) they are so tight they hurt my head, and then they snap after two months. Turtle Beach is the same way, and Turtle Beach always have issues. Even the Sennheiser 300's didn't make the durability cut.

Plantronics are the only inexpensive headphones I can buy that last for a couple of years (even though the foam pads wear away on the really cheap sets).

Hopefully Plantronics brings a little classiness to Logitech and not the other way around.

I hope they keep the names and brands separate so they can stay awesome.

Also if your looking for a gaming headset with low clamp force the Corsair Voids are really easy.
I get migrane and cluster headaches and the low clamp force can keep ke gaming for like 4 hours before I start to have flare ups.

Smart move on Logitech's part. This makes sense from an acquisition stand point. That's a brand I haven't heard about in a long time...

They ruined ultimate ears.

For most non call centre staff I’ve seen a massive shift from plantronics to Jabra over the last few years.

Pretty unexciting space though it has to be said.

I bought a lifetime supply of Gamecom 307s on ebay for $10 a piece. They can have at it since my favorite cheap headset has been discontinued and I bought the last of the stock until the audio jack is extinct.

Please no...As much as I like some of Logitech's products, their headsets are just pure unmitigated trash.

Plantronics Voyager 3200 is the best Bluetooth headset for cell phones, IMO.

...and they bought "Blue" earlier, seems like they are seriously beefing up their Patent and P
roduct portfolio
Please no...As much as I like some of Logitech's products, their headsets are just pure unmitigated trash.

Which ones exactly? The 933 Artemis is/was considered one of the best gaming headsets to date unless you are stepping up to Sennhieser's which can be way way more expensive for a good pair from them.

...and they bought "Blue" earlier, seems like they are seriously beefing up their Patent and P
roduct portfolio

Which ones exactly? The 933 Artemis is/was considered one of the best gaming headsets to date unless you are stepping up to Sennhieser's which can be way way more expensive for a good pair from them.

All of them..every single damned one of them. I've been through so many logitech headsets at this point that just quit working, or developed weird rattles or the mic just died or randomly permanently added the talking in a tunnel effect that I've just determined that it is a "feature" of logitech headsets. I've never had one of them last longer than 3-5 months without developing some "issue". Meanwhile I've had a MedUSA 5.1 set that has Performed flawlessly every single day for probably 8+ years now.

Logitech needs to tread carefully and cautiously with Plantronics. Shitloads of business depend upon Plantronics for their headphones, especially court systems. Fuck this up and they'll start losing business left and right.

You know, I'm okay with this. There's clearly areas Logitech falls short, but honestly there's actually legit areas they've innovated too. So, I'm okay with them buying Plantronics. Of all the acquisitions in the last decade, this one makes good sense.

Last edited:
Polycom eh? Yeah, no thank you. Booking a bridge and configuring firewalls to make a simple video call is living in the stone age compared to Skype or even a FaceTime or Facebook video call.

Back