Logitech Illuminated Keyboard - $40 AR FS @ Newegg

Been searching around for a deal like this for this keyboard to replace my G11 that I've been finding sorta of uncomfortable and clunky. Also, price could be about $38 AR and Live/Bing cashback if it's counted towards the $79.99. If it's counted towards $69.99, then it's $38.25.

Might....just might have to jump on the deal!

I would. I have this keyboard and it's great. I paid $80 though. Bastards:D

I would. I have this keyboard and it's great. I paid $80 though. Bastards:D

Yeah same here. I bought one when they came out... spilled salsa all over it :)mad:) then saw a deal for a replacement but it was too late so I paid another $80. WTF is wrong with me? :confused:

It's a great keyboard though :D

thx for the post, finally find a keyboard that fit all my needs and replace my alum mac keyboard

I was on the fence about getting it.... my current logitech is still functional, just it's loud, fairly large, and has aged for a while.... but the $10 coupon made me bite.

It will go well with my alum Lian Li case and Samsung monitor :D

AWESOME DEAL!!

I jumped on this deal because i own 4 of these keyboards and they are by far the best keyboard if you do a lot of typing.

Thanks OP!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8a5p8UuuLE
Take a look at 8:26 for examples. Might be a concern for fast typists (60wpm). It appears this model has a design flaw when popular multiple keys are pressed (n't), or detected they were pressed at the same time, in which certain letters may be dropped.
"i have problems typing Time, Wine, Fine i'll generally end up with Tim or Tim eNextWord just got give an example i do not press 3 keys at once but i do type very fast i've owned 3 logitech illuminated keyboards and all have the same problem so what this gentleman is saying is absolutely true "
"sbuxreg -
So far I have discovered blocking on: ine, n't. There may be other sequences, but I haven't gotten anything else dropped in everything typing. "

Deal breaker for me as I type this fast.

**Edit**
Also looks like if your using a KVM, that utilizes the scroll lock hot key, it may not work. Wouldn't you know it but I'm using a Iogear KVM that utilizes this feature.:(
http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/board/message?board.id=general&thread.id=16285

Last edited:
Yup.. I hate keyboards that do that. I type fast as well, and sometimes I think I accidentally skip a key, but it's just a flaw in the keyboard design. My last Saitek was like that. I haven't noticed it on my Logitech G11 though. Too bad this thin illuminated Logitech has the flaw. :(

lgestle

I knew about this flaw before I bought it and still bought it. Awesome Keyboard.:D

I don't type all day on this system so it's really of little concern to me. Now if I was a secretary or something similar then I might be concerned about it. But I type Passwords and web address.

<60wpm

lgestle

I knew about this flaw before I bought it and still bought it. Awesome Keyboard.:D

I don't type all day on this system so it's really of little concern to me. Now if I was a secretary or something similar then I might be concerned about it. But I type Passwords and web address.

<60wpm
Yep, just dissapointed as I did not. I was looking at the keyboard last week to replace my current one. I pretty much had to scratch it off the list when I found out those 2 problems today. I'm not a secretary, but I type pretty fast as that's my primary form of communication for my job. I probably average between 60-80gwam.

Yup.. I hate keyboards that do that. I type fast as well, and sometimes I think I accidentally skip a key, but it's just a flaw in the keyboard design. My last Saitek was like that. I haven't noticed it on my Logitech G11 though. Too bad this thin illuminated Logitech has the flaw. :(

I type pretty fast and have not encountered this 'flaw' once.

It depends on certain key combinations as well, not always just how fast you type. My Saitek often never typed the "o" key.

From just reading some of the Newegg reviews it seems to me like the flaw is probably blown out of proportion or just isn't an issue on every board because out of 77 reviewers only 3 gave it less than 4 eggs and the majority gave it 5. If it had that much of an issue with typing common words like "can't" and "don't" more people would likely notice it. Maybe it has something to do with the slurred way some people type that causes a handful of people to notice it. I say buy the keyboard unless you've experienced the problem personally instead of paying attention to what someone else says in a youtube video.

Newegg Reviewer said:
Pros: -extremely thin!
-Looks AMAZING (especially in the dark)
-feels really good to type on (after some simple getting used to)
-Has lots of customizable function keys (9 to be exact)

Cons: Some nit picky things:
-"F" keys don't light up (not a big deal)
-kinda wished it was angled up a little higher (again, not a big deal)
-takes a little getting used to (not much)
-
Another thing: I read on reviews here and other places that it has a ghost effect with the words like can't, won't, etc... Anyway, I was really worried about this because the people said it only happened with fast typers and I consider myself a pretty fast typer. But I have yet to run into this problem so if you are not sure if you should get this keyboard based on those assumptions, still get it!

Last edited:
I got this keyboard back when amazon had it in their big gold box deal thing. Great keyboard except for the damn 0 key on the numpad. If I press the key on the very left or very right edge then the key press won't register and if i hit it about 1/3 of the way in from the left then it'll register 50% of the time, dead center and it registers 85%. I'm wondering if anyone else that has the keyboard has this problem or if it's just me.

By the way, all you guys were sooooo right about Logitech's customer service.

I bought a Lycosa keyboard and a Death Adder Mouse from Razer at Best Buy. The mouse has been phenomenal. One of my all time favorites. The keyboard started going bad after about two months. I had paid for it with gift cards and cash, and of course couldn't find my receipt anywhere. It had the stuck key problem and its condition continued to deteriorate. I contacted them and they said I would have to provide a receipt. I went to Best Buy and got on the system searching through transaction after transaction after transaction after ... you get the point. After three hours of searching I still couldn't find anything. It doesn't really track cash or gift cards with any personal identifiers, so I was screwed. Credit card would've been easy, but why spend my money when I have a bunch of gift cards? Anyways. I contacted them via email, via phone, etc. I tried being nice, polite and reasonable. I tried begging. And then I tried being irritated.

The dicks wouldn't do a bloody thing to help me unless I found that receipt. I WORK at best buy. Like I'm going to walk out the door with a friggin keyboard. I eventually convinced best buy to take care of me since Razer was being such jerks. The replacement happens to be a fine keyboard, and I prefer it over the G15 or any of its variants. I love the backlighting method and rubberized keys.

Logitech, on the other hand, is sending me a replacement USB adapter for a wireless Wave desktop I bought a year or so ago. Couldn't find the receipt? No problem. They're still taking 100% care of me, and the guy on the phone was extremely nice.

If Logitech and Razer both made pretty much the same keyboard that I wanted, and the Razer was $50 and the Logitech was $80, I would buy the Logitech without a second thought.

This backlit keyboard on this thread is amazing. It looks slick and types nice. Definitely a great find, OP. Snag it if you need a really nice backlit keyboard for your office or bedroom or whatever.

For all you guys complaining about the supposed design flaw, just contact Logitech and get a replacement. I've had my illumated for quite some time now and have NEVER run into it. Fancy keyboards have defect rates too. It amazes me how lazy people are when they have something from a company like Logitech that bends over for a customer that they would rather whine about the item instead of getting a replacement from Logitech. This is a great keyboard and anyone who claims otherwise is either trolling or has one that's defective and too lazy to take the easy step of contacting Logitech for an RMA.

Hmm tempted to dump my G15 for this. Been wanting it for a while. I type ~80WPM so the "key blocking" thing kind of has me worried... Oh and is the stupid wrist rest removable? I can't tolerate using them.

Hmm tempted to dump my G15 for this. Been wanting it for a while. I type ~80WPM so the "key blocking" thing kind of has me worried... Oh and is the stupid wrist rest removable? I can't tolerate using them.

Nope, That's the only thing I hate about this since I don't type a lot. It's actually part of the keyboard.

Nope, That's the only thing I hate about this since I don't type a lot. It's actually part of the keyboard.

That's what I was afraid of :( Maybe I'll go check it out at BB and see how I like it. I really like how this keyboard looks.

In for one . . . I have the DiNovo Edge but miss the number pad. Plus wireless can be a pain when you're OC'ing and have to get into the BIOS after resets and/or failed OC's.

BTW, don't forget your smoking hot 2.5% bing/live.com cashback!!! ;)

KICK ASS KEYBOARD!!!

I have TRIED to mimic the "design flaw" by hitting all three of the don't or can't or whatever they were keys w/ very little success at missing a letter. It happens rarely and that's only when I'm smashing the keys as fast as possible...not typing.

FWIW, I hit about 80WPM and have never had this become a problem. What I have enjoyed however's a super quiet and super smooth compression of the keys. The fn +'s nice because I can have a quick method for ejecting a disc or putting the system to sleep. The light helps to see your keyboard area/desk/etc in the dark, tho I really wish they would have highlighted the F keys instead of the silly n00b functions. While they're at, keep them the same size as regular keys.

Hmm...I guess the only other bitch would be the bulging space bar and lower row keys. I'm not really sure why they did that, but lots of typing can lead to a sore thumb. :(

Overall this would have to be my favorite keyboard ever...soley based on the awesome key action. It's speedy, travel distance ~ minimal, and doesn't PUSH back like that gimmicky MS gaming keyboard that can't even do a crouching forward reload...hahah! POS that was! Now that's a defect. :rolleyes:

Just plugged my keyboard in and man is this keyboard great. Totally different, but better, feel than the G11 and a whole lot quieter as well. I think the bulgy space bar is kinda helpful as it lowers the amount of movement your thumb has to make to press it. At least that's what I'm noticing. I don't know about the other keys.

All in all. Fantastic keyboard. Really loving the feel of it.

Anyone know how the feel of this one compares to the Steelkeys 6G? Seems to be hard to find, but everyone raves about the feel of the keystrokes.

Edit: nevermind. Just noticed that it has normal height keys. I don't know if I could go back to normal height keys since using the Logitech UltraX, but on the other hand I don't mind using my Eclipse either...still, if anyone has any feedback on the 6G I'd like to hear what you think.

Think of the LIK as a highly refined version of the UltraX. It has the same scissors style notebook key compression, but quite a bit more smooth.

Can anyone tell me how their 0 key on the number pad is? I want to know if it's just me that's having the problem or not. If it's a defect on my keyboard then I'll go bother logitech about it.

Perfect. It's actually the space bar that seems to "double tap" on occasion for me.

Think of the LIK as a highly refined version of the UltraX. It has the same scissors style notebook key compression, but quite a bit more smooth.

Good enough for me...I ordered one tonight. Thanks.

Can anyone tell me how their 0 key on the number pad is? I want to know if it's just me that's having the problem or not. If it's a defect on my keyboard then I'll go bother logitech about it.

Mine registers zeroes normally, as long as I push the key down all the way and don't let my thumb get hung up on the surrounding case plastic. You can whack your thumb into it all day, but unless you press the key down past the border, it isn't going to register.

Back