Logitech Harmony Remotes Without Account?

Zarathustra[H]

Extremely [H]
Does anyone know if Harmony devices are useable without using a Logitech account?

I want a good universal remote but ai don't want anything that ties into an external account or uses wifi.

Thoughts?

Hey Z - Been awhile. You can use any of the Harmony universal IR remotes without an account. I use a Harmony Smart Hub which requires an account and works through wifi.

Hey Z - Been awhile. You can use any of the Harmony universal IR remotes without an account. I use a Harmony Smart Hub which requires an account and works through wifi.

Thanks, appreciate it!

How does one use it without the account setup? The manual seems to guide you to using the website and setting up an account.

Also, do you happen to know how they work with Kodi?

Well, maybe I’m mistaken. I had a couple of Harmony IR remotes in the past and I could just type codes for my different components. I didn’t need to program them through an account on a computer.

Every programmable remote I've used in the last 10 years has required me to create some kind of account in order to access the remote code database and programming software. I'd trade the inconvenience of having to have an account in order to have a remote that can be updated easily without having to teach the remote for new devices. The last decent full-featured remote that I remember that allowed setup through the remote itself and required no account or PC software was the URC R40.

Thanks, appreciate it!

How does one use it without the account setup? The manual seems to guide you to using the website and setting up an account.

Also, do you happen to know how they work with Kodi?
What is your aversion to an account? Your account stores all of your remote settings, and also is what gives you access to the 10,000 different devices. Having an account isn't a big deal at all.

I have a Harmony 676. It works great with Kodi. Its functionality has more to do with the IR receiver than Kodi. I am using the same IR receiver on Kodi that I was on Windows. It works fine, and I have full functionality.

If I'm not mistaken, you can login to the Harmony software using Facebook or Google and then kill off the permissions after you're finished. Not suite the same as not creating an account, but it's at least one less account you have floating around out there.

Back