Logitech Harmony 880 Remote Control - Refurbished $70

doyoumaking

Limp Gawd
Logitech Harmony 880 Remote Control - Refurbished $70 at amazon.

It's ok if you don't need RF capability.

Price goes up.

Last edited:
Have had this for a while. Nice remote, but quirky sometimes (e.g., at times, will turn on my tv and cable, but doesn't switch my AV source). Not sure it's even worth $70, but I'd get it if you have 7 other remotes lying around and want to consolidate.

Color LCD drains the battery so you'll need to keep it in the charger or charge it every couple days.

i bought this used for 100 2 years ago still going strong. the comment about charging every 2 days thats bs i dont charge mine for weeks on end since I have had it (change the lcd display time). some of the buttons have become a little finky but still worth it.

I rarely charge my 880 and it lasts quite a long time. I'd say maybe 2 weeks. I have heard that after a few years, the charging starts becoming quite frequent, but you have to remember... It's a rechargeable battery inside these things and are susceptible to charge holding issues as they age.

You can replace the battery if the frequent charging becomes unbearable. That said, charge frequency has increased since I bought mine over a year ago but it can and has gone about a week without charging and that was recently.I recall it lasting almost two weeks between charges with fairly regular use. It's an excellent remote, the software is very flexible and works very well for configuring the unit.

the batteries definitely need replacing after a while. Mine started out holding a charge for a week or so. eventually got down to one or 2 days. then my battery started swelling and now it wont fit in the remote. I havent ordered a new battery yet but its only about $25 to replace. I have another logitech so I am not greatly motivated at this time. Good remote, one of my favorite purchases.

Those sound like Nickel batteries. Try not to constantly charge them and do fully drain them every couple months.

Mine and the one I got for my Dad (he loves it) both had swelling batteries. Leaving it in the charger is bad. hl3395 has the right idea.

Great remote despite bad battery design.

Back