Logitech Harmony 550 $49.97 shipped free, brand new

Stumbled upon this one: http://www.pcrichard.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=62773

Elsewhere it seems to be going for $50-$60 + S/H for refurbished units, and around $70-$80 + S/H for new ones.

I by no means intend to thread-crap. I just plugged this remote name into Amazon to compare prices and here I am. Amazon has it for 49.99 and also with free shipping. So I was wondering what your "elsewhere" referred to as not having new units below $70 + S&H ?

I by no means intend to thread-crap. I just plugged this remote name into Amazon to compare prices and here I am. Amazon has it for 49.99 and also with free shipping. So I was wondering what your "elsewhere" referred to as not having new units below $70 + S&H ?
hmmph, didn't see amazon's offer in my pricechecks, looks like they both have a great price on it. I'm sure many would prefer to buy from Amazon so thanks for the heads up.

Check elsewhere such as google/froogle and you'll see what i originally meant ;). Also, some of the other merchants won't mention "refurbished" till you actually click-thru to the page.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have been contemplating one of these for so long. But even at $50 I am still hesitant to spend $50 on a remote control. Its so tempting, but I only have to deal with 4 remotes so its not really worth it I guess.

I bought one of these a few months ago and love it. We went from 4 remotes to one and it works with the xbox360 as well. The biggest benefit is the task-based control, rather than device based control and the simple english asking if you are able to do what you were trying to do. Makes things simpler. If that's not what you want, stay away!

I have been contemplating one of these for so long. But even at $50 I am still hesitant to spend $50 on a remote control. Its so tempting, but I only have to deal with 4 remotes so its not really worth it I guess.

Do it. You will *not* regret it. The thing is amazing.

Literally one button to go to "movie" mode versus six to twelve over 4 remotes. One more button push changes from "movie" mode to "XBox" mode.

I ended up getting one from amazon.. I got 3 remotes, but I'm litteraly forced to use two, so that i can work my cable box and the source on my hdtv..

Do these things work with Time Warner cable boxes?

time warner cable boxes rarely work, let alone their remotes. (you can see I'm happy with TWC). If anyone has any real experience with this remote and Time Warner I'd be very interested.

time warner cable boxes rarely work, let alone their remotes. (you can see I'm happy with TWC). If anyone has any real experience with this remote and Time Warner I'd be very interested.

I had TWC and it worked perfect with the HD box I think it was some kind of Scientific Atlantica though. It works for all of my other devices as well and is a snap to setup.

Do these things work with Time Warner cable boxes?

The remote literally works with anything that has IR input.

I personally use it with a TW Scientific Atlanta 8300HD DVR. I've previously used it with non-DVR Time Warner boxes from SciAm and Pace. Harmony's online database already includes every cable box Time Warner uses.

I have the xbox360 version - this thing is great. One button to turn on three devices.

Yes, the Scientific Atlanta boxes and motorola boxes (TWC, Comcast) do work with this remote.

Guys, if you can get one these remotes this cheap you have to bite on the deal. I was extremely hesitent in purchasing a freakin remote control that costs over $60 at the time when I purchased it. Now that I've had it up and running for over a year and half, I love it and don't look back. I still live with my parents but considering I'm the family tech support guy this thing in my opinion is the next greatest thing since sliced bread. Before I got the remote for them, in order to operate our media center, the user had to use 4 remotes and then I was being called at from across the house to come help because my 'rents counldn't get the damn tv to work or whatever it was they wanted to do. This has cut down on my involvement by like 80%.

I think I should mention that these remotes are not perfect in my opinion. Lately, the remote has not been sending the "power on/off" signal to my cablebox while everything else receives the signals to power on/off. Also, this might not matter for some people, but for someone like my father who has HUGE hands and fingers, the buttons are rather small and spaced close together, couple this with depending on the model you get, lack tactile feedback, which leads my dad to pressing buttons he didn't mean to then f'ing things up which then means I get yelled at across the house to come help lol

[RCKY] Thor;1032297600 said:
Picked up the 880 for 99 from amazon a few weeks ago and absolutely love it.

same with me, love my new 880. took a while to get the delay's set up the way I wanted, but now this remote is even faster at scrolling through the menu than my original DVR remote. not to mention a hell of a lot easier

Back