Logitech Harmony 1000 Control 130.45 HOT

Amazing price on the worst remote of all time. If anybody's interested I highly advise that you pass on this deal and fork out the dough for a Harmony One. You'll thank me.

Amazing price on the worst remote of all time. If anybody's interested I highly advise that you pass on this deal and fork out the dough for a Harmony One. You'll thank me.

I got a Harmony One for my parents. It was easy to set up and mom can now use the TV.....unfortunately I still can't get Dad to program it for himself. Programming software is easy to use, IMO, but dad can be a bit of a technophobe sometimes.

Haven't used the 1000, but to me, the One is the "The One" Probably the only downside is that it doesn't have IR and that it doesn't control a PS3 without a BT to IR blaster...but I don't htink any other remotes do that.

I like touch screens, but hard buttons are good for remotes. The One gives you both :D

...and that it doesn't control a PS3 without a BT to IR blaster...but I don't htink any other remotes do that.

Just get a Nyko Blu-Wave (infrared remote with USB receiver). Works slick and the Harmony software even has the settings for it.

I got a Harmony One for my parents. It was easy to set up and mom can now use the TV.....unfortunately I still can't get Dad to program it for himself. Programming software is easy to use, IMO, but dad can be a bit of a technophobe sometimes.

Haven't used the 1000, but to me, the One is the "The One" Probably the only downside is that it doesn't have IR and that it doesn't control a PS3 without a BT to IR blaster...but I don't htink any other remotes do that.

I like touch screens, but hard buttons are good for remotes. The One gives you both :D

It's the same software for configuring all the Harmony remotes. The big problems I had with the 1000 were

1. Two hands required at all times, very annoying
  2. Without physical buttons you have to look down at the touch-screen to do common tasks like changing channels, very annoying
  3. Navigating through menus gets old really fast, you need all your buttons on the same screen

Yeah I will wait for the Harmony Next. I want IR, and Bluetooth since than seems to be the next step for higher end components.

Skip the 1000 it surely isn't the remote for any system. If you want something with a big screen go for a pronto, if you want a nice remote, use the harmony one. Though no RF is a huge drawback for non-line of site applications. A 890 version of the harmony one would be a close step, but give us bluetooth while your at it logitech.

So is this deal already gone? The link you posted does not bring it up and I can not find the remote on their website.

Yeah I will wait for the Harmony Next. I want IR, and Bluetooth since than seems to be the next step for higher end components.

Skip the 1000 it surely isn't the remote for any system. If you want something with a big screen go for a pronto, if you want a nice remote, use the harmony one. Though no RF is a huge drawback for non-line of site applications. A 890 version of the harmony one would be a close step, but give us bluetooth while your at it logitech.

RF is what you want for non-line of site applications. I prefer IR anyways because I dont have a single piece of equipment that uses RF, everything I own is IR. Granted a remote that does both would be ideal, so you would only need to purchased adapters for pieces or equipment that are not in the line of site.

the deal is gone, its 500.00 for the remote, not even a day after this was posted.

This should probably be deleted

Back