Logitech G9x $55 Shipped

On a side note, Logitech one-upped Amazon and has it for $52 with a coupon, but it's out of stock so you'll have to place your order now and wait for it to come back in stock later.

On your G5 question, it's a completely different feeling mouse so user experience may vary. It's made for both claw high sensitivity twitch gamers and palm low sensitivity players. IMO it's the best claw gaming mouse for twitch gaming, I have tried ALOT of different mice and the G9 has always stuck.

personally i prefer the new g700 but....it does cost more

but not much.....newegg has g700 for 69 bucks.

You can use wired or unwired and wireless mode can poll @ 1000 reports per sec.....so i never had issue with slow or laggy wireless.

Only negative thing......the battery does suck but thats why you can keep recharging with inicluded wire.

and it might be becuz i have settings on max ie polling @ 1000 vs like 500 or lower.

o yeah one more thing .....i gave up on g9 series i had both models.

The cords kept kinking up and the inner cord kept gettting exposed. @ least wireless your not as dependent on cord.

I have the G700 for my Mx11, great portable gaming mouse but too large for an every day use mouse for me.

I've got a G9 and I personally am not a huge fan..

I like the claw grip shape and the texture/feel of the precision grip, but it's Laser vs. Optical and I'm just too used to my old 400 dpi optical mouse I think. The lift off distance is at least twice as much, and I just can't find a sensitivity/DPI setting that I like for most games (BF3, etc.)

Anyone else feel the same way? I'd love it if it had a high DPI optical engine instead with a lower lift off distance. I also feel the software is a bit too complex with the settings (for example, should I adjust DPI or adjust windows sensitivity? use setpoint drivers or windows drivers?, etc.) Add on top of that game specific settings (like BF3's "use raw mouse input" feature) and it's hard to know what the best settings are..

The macros, weight tuning system and switchable profiles are nice though!

Last edited:
What? How can it be nice and portable yet be too large for everyday gaming. Im confused lol.

I dunno but it's nice to have a wireless mouse on my laptop. I would've gotten the Anywhere MX if it was available at the time.

same price at newegg for those who get taxed by Amazon.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104261
They're offering a F2P game as a "bonus"? lol...

As a side note, the G9 might possibly the only gaming grade mouse in existence that fits my hand (gripless, that is). Barring that, I'd have to resort to notebook mice. Kind of tempted to get a G9X for at home so I can use my old G9 at work. Also curious about the Saitek Cyborg R.A.T. series, and how small you can shrink one down to.

this mouse is just as responsive and accurate (at any acceleration rate) as my 1000hz overclocked mx300. i thought i would never find a mouse good enough to replace it...but then i tried a g9x :)

for reference, all i play are twitchy shooters. the dpi adjustment buttons took getting used to, but once configured properly, they actually come in handy. oh, and you know wat fixes the braided cord wearing problem? electrical tape.

Not that good of a deal unless you need one now. I got mine for $30 AR last year and have seen it at $35 AR many times this year.

I was given this as a birthday gift and i'm not a huge fan. I have an alienware one that's almost identical but doesn't feel cheap like the logitch does. I find both of the logitechs detachable grips uncomfortable.

My G5 died in a fit of rage at a LAN a month or so ago and I would take it over the G9x any day.

Edit: I'm a palm user not a claw user if that helps anyone. The mouse does feel very comfortable if I use a claw "stance".

I'm a huge fan of the G9(X), I've tried almost 3-4 kinds of different Razer mice and I still love it. I've got 2 G9's and a G9X at all my computers. :D

Back