Logitech G9 Best Buy $39.99

This deal has been around a while but it is always a good deal for those who may not have seen it before.

Last edited:
Yeah as ken said, it has been available for a while.

I bought one when I first saw it and I love it. Definitely recommend for anyone looking for a mouse.

Although I LOVE this mouse, and I would definately purchase a backup, this deal is barely warm. got one for $20 AR last year.

Hm.. good deal for those who don't already own a gaming mouse. Too bad I already have a Razer Lachesis..

Agreed time they should be working on ep 3. I just don't see why they would even bother, and can't imagine it being a big enough market to make any serious money.

Why would you need a gaming mouse with a mac? :confused:

Does OSX even support a mouse with more than one button? :p

id like a gaming mouse because they perform much better than most other mice. did i say i was gaming? It will be for final cut pro.

btw I just picked the mouse up, works great on my mac if you switch the mouse hz to 120 instead of like 500 default. that takes care of the accuracy during small movements.

I have one of these, i still swear it was a good deal for the nearly $100 i paid for it, and for $39.99 its a great price. Im actually debating picking up a second one as a spare incase anything happens to this one.

Agreed time they should be working on ep 3. I just don't see why they would even bother, and can't imagine it being a big enough market to make any serious money.

Because I'm sure that the people that work on porting Steam to Apple and the ones who work on Episode 3 are the same people. Valve buys whole companies all the time to do projects so I don't think they have problems hiring more people if they need to.

For anyone wanting more details on this mouse, I'll just cNp what I wrote in an earlier post when the G9 was one sale (for this same $39.99 price).

Just to chime in. I've been mildly considering this mouse for a looong time and pay attention to pricing on it.

The reason I'm sketchy about owning it is the smartshift wheel. I already have this on my MX Revolution and I absolutely LOVE it. The wheel alone is a HUGE selling point to me. However, for gaming, I'd actually prefer a standard wheel like those on the mx518. You can still use Logitech's software to rebind keys, but not being able to press _down_ on the middle mouse button as a bind for ventrillo/grenades/whatever is rather annoying. You _can_ bind the sideways tilt of the middle mouse button, but it's not as quick an action (for me anyhow) and it's somewhat unintuitive for gaming. YMMV

Still, for $40, it's a great deal and if you've never had a mouse w/ the Smartshift wheel, I'd absolutely say try this mouse even if not a gamer. It'll require you to fiddle a bit w/ the settings to get the wheel working how you like, but it's totally worth it for browsing long webpages or spreadsheets.

About the whole issue with the wheel. I'm not sure what you're talking about. There's a button you can press on the bottom that reverts it to an old style scroll wheel and you can definitely click down on it. In fact, I'm using it right now. I switch back and forth to play games. Not trying to be an ass, am I missing something? :confused:

This is the 3200 dpi version, the current version of this mouse (g9x) is 5700 dpi. Still an awesome deal though.

Back