Logitech G710 Mechanical Keyboard $60 amazon

I've got the one with Blues.

There is another small difference. The version with Browns has O-rings installed under the keycaps.

I installed .4mm O-rings from WASD on my G710 with MX Blues, and I love it.

Already have a 710+, but snagged one of these. Great deal on a cherry mx board.

I picked one up when they were $44.99 on a BF deal from BB. I took mine to work and use it there. It feels good, and I like the sound. I don't know if it's my imagination, but I think my typing is more accurate on my G19. I like the keyboard a lot.

Fwiw, I've been reading that the Browns are experiencing key cap failures at a high rate. Some think it's due to poor plastic quality with o rings.

Regardless I bought the blues and love it. Feels similar to the model m at work. Lots of noise, little work. Lol

I grabbed one of the G710 with blue switches at Best Buy for $50 on BF weekend. Already had a G710+ with the brown switches.

The G710+'s key caps are kinda shoddy, nothing to do with the o rings. I replaced them with a set I got from Massdrop, but the spacebar keycap wouldn't fit so I had to use the old one. Then I needed to clean the board and like an idiot I thought the easiest way to clean everything at once would be to put it in boiling water. Long story short, the spacebar key got warped by heat and snapped. So what I did was take the spacebar key that came with that other keycap set I got, sawed it apart using a kitchen knife, used some nails and glue to form a frame to get it fitting stable, and then glued some other stuff on top to use as the contact surface.

... Which was a lot of pointless trouble, but it's been working. >_>

The G710+'s key caps are kinda shoddy, nothing to do with the o rings. I replaced them with a set I got from Massdrop, but the spacebar keycap wouldn't fit so I had to use the old one. Then I needed to clean the board and like an idiot I thought the easiest way to clean everything at once would be to put it in boiling water. Long story short, the spacebar key got warped by heat and snapped. So what I did was take the spacebar key that came with that other keycap set I got, sawed it apart using a kitchen knife, used some nails and glue to form a frame to get it fitting stable, and then glued some other stuff on top to use as the contact surface.

... Which was a lot of pointless trouble, but it's been working. >_>

wow...just wow

yeah I got mine at BB black Friday sale, but posted this b/c it's still a good deal for a mechanical keyboard and when I was looking for my first mechanical, I ended up with the 710+ due to price and reasonable reviews. I like it fine, but haven't tried much else besides an old school IBM keyboard that now broke, and the Orion spark 910 or w/e model Logitech uses that while pretty, the keys seemed to small of spacing for my fat fingers.

Fwiw, I've been reading that the Browns are experiencing key cap failures at a high rate. Some think it's due to poor plastic quality with o rings.

Regardless I bought the blues and love it. Feels similar to the model m at work. Lots of noise, little work. Lol

Yeah I read those reports too with the G710+ with brown caps but I've had my G710 blues for ever a year with no problems, no signs of cap failures/problems.

The G910 is a better overall keyboard though imo, and it has dropped into that $90-100 on special now so its worth looking out for.

I didn't understand what people meant by finger fatigue until I noticed how big of a difference the reduced travel distance on the G910 was along with the mechanical click of the Blues made when typing on the two keyboard types.

Yeah I read those reports too with the G710+ with brown caps but I've had my G710 blues for ever a year with no problems, no signs of cap failures/problems.

The G910 is a better overall keyboard though imo, and it has dropped into that $90-100 on special now so its worth looking out for.

I didn't understand what people meant by finger fatigue until I noticed how big of a difference the reduced travel distance on the G910 was along with the mechanical click of the Blues made when typing on the two keyboard types.

yeah the 910 is a nice keyboard, and I really liked the lighting on it. But it just didn't fit me for whatever reason. I play CSGO and the shit tab is very important and I had a harder time hitting it. Plus I actually prefer the "more actuation" of the 710, but I think that's just personal preference. To me the 910 felt a lot like my older Logitech membrane keyboard, but again just my 2cents

I have been using the 710+ with the Brown keys and o-rings for a while now and have been satisfied with it. Picked up a 710 with the Blue keys at amazon when it was $50 recently, and I prefer the feel of the Blue keys quite a bit more. The o-rings on the 710+ make the keys feel slightly mushy. At the end of the day, this is a subjective decision based on personal preference, but I think the typical user would be happy with either.

I picked up the G910 and I do like it, but I think it's going to take some getting used to. Honestly the keys, while mechanical, almost feel more like membrane ones for some reason..the activation force is noticeably higher than Cherry Reds (came from a Corsair K90) and the keys are closer together, so currently it does seem a bit harder to type on. But I like the lighting and the keys do feel sturdy. I actually don't mind / like the keycaps on the G910, but some people don't like the angular cuts.

thats good to hear. ive been waiting to get a mechanical for ever and being on a super tight budget, $50 is a considerable amount of money to me right now. i was hoping this keyboard was last for years to come, at least that was my selling point to my gf whom had a fit that i spent so much on a keyboard.:cool:

Would you guys recommend this keyboard? I'm working with a cheap keyboard that's tough to work with. This is up my keyboard budget.

itsGEE!

its a fantastic keyboard. At this price I would bite easily on it. If this was not blues I would be all over it. I prefer harder & wish they board was reds but you should be more then pleased

Would you guys recommend this keyboard? I'm working with a cheap keyboard that's tough to work with. This is up my keyboard budget.

If you're into media keys and macro's, then its absolutely worth it. Personally I think it is ugly as sin, so I wouldn't use it, but for the price you get a lot of keyboard.

Thanks for the replies 4LC4PON3 and CruisD64. I'm looking for something to make playing BF4 a bit smoother, with media keys, and that doesn't cost over $100

Thanks for the replies 4LC4PON3 and CruisD64. I'm looking for something to make playing BF4 a bit smoother, with media keys, and that doesn't cost over $100

You should get it then. Blues are noisy but they feel great. As long as your gaming machine isn't in a room that will annoy the hell out of others, you won't regret it. If you're used to membrane keys, you're in for a treat!

I already have a board. Quickfire TK with Red Switches. Im not a fan of blues. To clicky for me

Back